Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Director of La Isla Bonita Telenovela, Matthiew Klinck has been found dead near his home in Selena Village in the Cayo District. The body of the 37-year-old Canadian National was found on Monday, January 4th at around 8:40PM lying about 15 feet away from his home. Klinck was apparently killed during a burglary, as his home had been ransacked according to police reports

According to a report by Cayo Police, they received information from nearby residents that the body of a male person had been found. Upon inspecting the area, police found Klinck's body just 15 feet away from his home in the initial stage of decomposition. Closer observations revealed what appeared to be a stab wound to the left side of the neck. Police also observed that the house had been ransacked of all valuables, indicating that Klinck was murdered as a result of a robbery. Due to state of the body, a postmortem had to be carried out on site which took place on the morning of Tuesday, January 5th.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Mayor Daniel Guerrero, the San Pedro Town Council & Staff, along with the town of San Pedro are saddened by the sudden death of Matthiew Klinck.

Matthiew was the director of La Isla Bonita Telenovela which featured local actors of San Pedro Town. He was also well known for his movie that was filmed entirely in Belize, The Curse of the Xtabai. As many knew him, he was very enthusiastic about Belize's Film Industry and hoped that one day Belize be recognized internationally for its film talent. We hope he may find eternal peace. R.I.P. Matthiew.

As a cold front blows through Belize today, it brings with it a wind of incredible sadness, shock and anger at the senseless murder of our kind, generous, creative and talented friend Matthiew Klinck in Cayo, Belize. I didn't know Matthiew well as so many of you did, but the brief time I spent with him I was grateful for. Unfortunately our paths did not cross again after the opening night of La Isla Bonita Telenova and I will always regret that. What a zest for life Matthiew brought with him and shared with the world. It breaks my heart that we have to say goodbye.

- Karen Brodie

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Canadian Filmmaker Murdered near Spanish Lookout

Canadian film maker murdered in the Cayo District

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.