Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, Rise and Shine Morning Show, and the Dickie Bradley Specials

The San Pedro Sun

Belize Sailing Association installs new Board of Directors

Teams start making their mark in the 5-a-side Football Tournament
The game week begun on Thursday, January 7th at 6PM and saw five senior male matches being played. In the first match, Empire FC lost against Boca Jrs. in a 7-3 point game. We Them Boys then defeated E&L Boys with a score of 7-2. The third match was a narrow game between Los Dorados FC and United FC, but United FC rose victorious with a score of 5-4. Haramouch FC suffered a devastating defeat in the fourth game of the day against Island Pure FC, in an 11-3 point game. In the last game of the night Pro Divers FC defeated Boca Bombers in a 4-1 point match. Games will continue on Saturday, January 16th starting at 7PM with eight teams facing off: We Them Boys versus Haramouch FC, Boca Bombers FC versus Caye Caulker Boys, Pro Divers FC versus Victoria's House FC and Los Catrachos FC versus E&L Boys. Games continue on Sunday January 16th at 11AM: El Pescador Warriors versus Bayern Leverkusen, Bayern Munich A versus Bayern Munich B, Real FC Jrs. versus Manchester United, Island Boys versus SPHS FC, Spice Girls versus Ocean Sands Girls, Los Dorados FC versus Costa Blue FC, Scorpions FC versus Boca Jrs. FC and San Juan FC versus United FC.

Supreme Court grants bail to two police sex offenders; PC Serano and PC Moreira
26-year-old Police Constable attached to the San Pedro Police Department, Kyle Hubert Serano has been granted bail after being officially arrested, charged and remanded for the crime of "Sexual Assault" against a 13-year-old minor. Serano, who was charged by San Pedro Police on Wednesday, December 30th, was initially denied bail by Senior Magistrate Sharon Frazer on Thursday, December 31st and remanded to the Belize Central Prison. But, after petitioning once more, bail was granted to him by Justice Antoinette Moore at the Belize City Supreme Court on Friday, January 8th. During his bail hearing, Serano was represented by Attorney at Law, Dickie Bradley. After hearing his petition, Justice Moore granted bail on the conditions that he must report to a police station every Friday and stay away from all of the prosecution's witnesses until Serano's court proceedings are complete. His next court hearing is scheduled for Tuesday, January 26th. Serano was charged after the minor reported to police that she had been sexually assaulted on three occasions by the officer.

Failure to declare funds leaves August Tabony detained in Honduras for six days
On Tuesday, January 5th, Honduran authorities apprehended Belizean businessman, August Tabony for failing to declare $16,490US upon entering the country. Six days later, on Monday, January 11th, Tabony was released and exonerated of all charges by Honduran authorities. Initially, Tabony had been arrested under suspicion of money laundering in connection to drug trafficking, but he managed to present his case before a Honduran court clearing his name. According to Tabony, the entire incident was just a misunderstanding, as he owns several businesses in Honduras. Tabony arrived at the Philip Goldson International Airport from Roatan, Honduras on Monday, January 11th shortly after 8:30PM. After disembarking from the aircraft, Tabony directed his attention to the media who were present..." Tabony was arrested at upon arriving at the Juan Manuel Galvez International Airport in Roatan on Tuesday, January 5th.

Ambergris Today

Mariel Calderon Celebrates Her Quincea�os
On Saturday, January 9, 2016, Mariel Calderon celebrated her Quincea�os (15th Birthday) along with her friends and family at the Lion's Den. She enetertained her guests with traditional and modern dances in a night full of laughter and joy. Mariel Calderon, daughter of Guadalupe Calderon and Norman Mai, was officially presented to society by her Godparents Emerita Badillo and Gerry Badillo. Congratulatons Mariel!

A Hurricane in January? Atlantic Strom no Threat to Belize
Just when you thought that the Atlantic Season Hurricane Season was over�Think Again. An out of season storm has formed in the Atlantic Ocean that has been classified as the first named storm of the 2016 Atlantic hurricane season. Hurricane Alex is only the fourth named Atlantic storm to form in January in over 160 years. The storm formed yesterday afternoon south southwest of the Azores, a group of islands located 800-900 miles west of Portugal. A small eye formed in the system during early Thursday and now packs winds of up to 85mph.

Misc Belizean Sourcesmzz

"I am not a pet!
This small howler monkey came in from the Belize Forest Department as a confiscation. He had not only been illegally wild-caught (all primate pets are illegally wild-caught in Belize), bought illegally on the black market (any buying or selling of monkey in Belize is illegal), but had also been illegally castrated, and was very stressed. He had the sweetest, most cheerful personality, but his injuries and the stress level they caused were too great, and he died in our arms, despite all our efforts to save him. Of the 88 primates that have come into the Rehabilitation Centre over the past five years, we have lost only five...but each cuts deep, and this one cuts the deepest. Some you never forget..

Training on Karst Management
Dr. Jason Polk, Dr. Leslie North and Robert Schaefer of the Western Kentucky University imparted a three day training on karst management to FCD's Karst Management Unit staff. The Institute of Archaeology and other guides also took part in the training. Financial support provided by PACT.

Bandits Host Hurricanes
The NEBL kicks off this weekend, and the opening festivities will be in Belmopan, as the Bandits, who are celebrating their 20th anniversary, host the Hurricanes. It'll be at the UB gym, and starts at 8:00pm. Go Bandits!

Bowen and Bowen inaugurates state of the art bottling line facility
A new multi-million, state of the art soft drink bottling facility was inaugurated on Tuesday, 13th January by Bowen & Bowen Ltd as part of the company's efforts to increase its competitive edge to secure its fair share of the local market, which in recent years has been flooded by an expanding number of imported brands. The beverage market in Belize is becoming more competitive with products now being imported from Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean. To maintain its market share, Bowen and Bowen Ltd decided to upgrade its soft drink manufacturing and beer fermentation and bottling capacity at its facilities in Ladyville. This investment is mainly in the form of new bottling equipment in line with the requirements that the international holders (Coca Cola, Fanta and Guinness) are demanding.

HARVEST CAYE PROJECT-SUPREME COURT CASE: BTIA VS THE NATIONAL ENVIRONMENT APPRAISAL COMMITTEE AND THE DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENT
On Wednesday, 13 January 2016, the Belize Supreme Court ruled on BTIA's lawsuit against the Department of the Environment (DOE) and the National Environmental Appraisal Committee (NEAC) following the DOE's decision to approve the construction by Belize Island Holdings (BIHL) of a cruise port at Harvest Caye, just three miles south of Placencia Village. The Hon. Justice Abel declared that there was a breach of Regulation 20 of the EIA Regulations concerning to the published notice in relation to the Addendum to the EIA. The court also ruled that the content of the published notice was deficient in various areas and, very significantly, that the decision of the NEAC to recommend the approval of the EIA was in breach of EIA Regulations, prior to considering the EIA for approval. In delivering the judgement, the Hon. Justice Abel also observed that the consultation process was somewhat short-circuited and that short cuts were taken, "which ought not to have happened, and one hopes this will not happen in a similar situation in the future". The Court determined that BTIA was "largely and significantly" successful against the DOE, NEAC and BIHL, and ruled that the Defendants should pay the cost of the Court proceedings in the sum of $50,000. The Court judgment means that the DOE and the NEAC must now do a better job at discharging their legal responsibilities to safeguard Belize's natural resources and administer Belize's environmental regulations fairly and responsibly. Click here to view the full judgment.

La Pachanga Launch Party,Caye Caulker
It's official!!! See you guys Saturday! One price, drink free!

Channel 7

American Tour Operator Implicated in Murder Plot
58 year old Bradley Paumen is probably one of the only Americans on remand at the Hattieville Prison. He's also the owner of Dark Knight - one of the biggest tour operators in Frank's Eddy. But the Minnesota native has been in jail for 8 days - ever since police were informed that he had hired a hitman to kill Belmopan businessman Michael Mudiri - and three other persons! Police believe that Paumen who owns extensive properties in Frank's Eddy Village was trying to get another piece adjacent to his one. That piece was owned by Michael Mudiri - and the police investigation suggests Paumen wanted him out of the way. But, he may have wanted it too badly because our information says he was caught in a sting. Police say that on December 11th., Paumen hired a hitman to kill Mudiri and three others - police aren't naming the other three. Now, we are told the sting was set up with the involvement of US Law Enforcement who sent an American posing as a hitman to Paumen - and Paumen was only too ready to hire him.

GOB Going Guyana?
Only two days ago, we told you how the Government of Belize gave importer Jack Charles two weeks to get his 3 containers of Guyanese Rice out of Belize, rather than having it destroyed by customs. So, then�that represents a big, official no to Guyanese rice, right? Well�that's what you might think, but tonight that "no", is looking more like a definite "maybe". That's because the Agriculture Minister Gaspar Vega, and his CEO Jose Alpuche are in Guyana tonight, in talks with government officials for Guyana to supply rice to Belize. That's according to news reports out of Guyana where that country's Minister of Agriculture is quoted as saying "In the instance where there is a shortage, Belize will be importing rice from Guyana." End quote. On hearing the news, Jack Charles told the press, "(it's a) Sad day in Belize History" where 4 producers with approximately 70 direct employment are (the) favorite (over) 350,000 Belizeans�" He's referring to the industrial rice producers in Belize who have sold Guyanese rice before under the cover of their own brands without informing the public.

Suing Segura
When Deputy Commissioner of Police Miguel Segura was involved in a fatal traffic accident with his police issued Nissan Pathfinder in August of 2014, the images of him, drunkenly buttoning his trousers, cigarette dangling from his mouth�burnt a hole in the national conscious. As a consequence of that terrible accident, he was criminally charged with manslaughter and drunk driving, among other charges. He walked away unharmed, but the passenger in the car he hit, 54 year-old Succotz resident Yolanda Valencia, died shortly after the crash. The impact left her driver, Yanie Cu, with severe head and bodily injuries, and it took Cu over a year to recover. Even now, he's reportedly not regained 100% of his mobility and is deeply indebted. Segura has since been on interdiction from active duty, and he awaits a criminal trial in the Supreme Court. While that is yet to come, Segura, the Police Department, and by extension the Government of Belize, are all being sued by the Valencia family. They are seeking damages for the alleged negligence which caused the accident. Today, the parties showed up before Justice Shona Griffith for a pre-trial review, and our news team was outside to speak with one of the family's attorneys about the current status of the case. Here's what Kareem Musa told us right after the hearing:

Outraged Mother Defends Son
An outraged mother says police wrongly accused her son of being involved in Tuesday's shooting on Barrack Road. Yesterday police sent out a release saying that they had detained 21 year old George McKenzie Jr of Pink's Alley and an 18 year old in connection with this Tuesday morning shooing. This is after a gunman chased 29 year old Leon Garcia into a car wash at the corner of Barrack road, followed him into a tool room, and fired a string of shots at close range. But, even though police released his name, Mckenzie wasn't charged. His mother, Melissa Major came to our studios today and said police shouldn't have done that. She said her son should not have been detained in the first place: Melissa Major, Mother of George McKenzie Jr.: "My son, yes they say that police came for my son, I think on Tuesday morning. Police came for my son and say that they want to see my son for a shooting. My son went with the police. When I reach at the station, the police told me that my son is detained for a shooting on Barrack Road. So I ask them how my son will be detain for a shooting on Barrack, when they move him from North Front Street.

Camry And Four Runner Collide Near Border
At 6:25 last night, a head-on collision in the North between a green Toyota Camry and a black Toyota Four runner resulted in at least one person being transported to the Hospital. The incident occurred last night around 6:25 pm between 86 and 87 on the George Price Highway. Fortunately, according to police, no one was gravely injured. Investigations have revealed that the driver of the Toyota Four Runner, 22 year old Hipolito Cawich was heading to the Belize Northern Border when he collided head on into a green Toyota Camry driven at the time by Altamira Resident Luis Sosa. When authorities visited the scene they observed Sosa trapped between the steering wheel and the driver's seat. Police along with fire department personnel managed to cut him out of the vehicle. He was taken to the Corozal community hospital and later transported to the Northern Regional Hospital where he was kept for observation. As for Cawich he landed about 14 feet away from the crash in some bushes.

Veggies: From Surplus to Shortage
For the past 2 weeks, we've been telling you about the carrot farmers in San Carlos, Orange Walk. They've been complaining that they have close to 10 acres of carrots which were rotting in the fields because the market is saturated with imported Mexican carrots. Those farmers condemned the Government authorities for continuing to grant permits to importers to bring in Mexican carrots. They said if the Government canceled permits, they would be able to sell their carrots. The GOB agencies heard them, and promised to take action to mitigate the continued loss of investment. It appears that since then, BAHA authorities have been cancelling permits for imported vegetables, which has created a different problem. The vegetable vendors say that because imported vegetables are being stopped from entering the country, they have a shortage, are seeing higher prices, and have very little to sell to the consumers. Today at the Michael Finnegan one vendor from Belize City spoke with us about their difficulties off camera:

ZIKA Surrounding Belize, But Not In It
Zika: There are no confirmed cases in Belize but there are cases all around us in Central America. In a New York Times article it states that cases have been confirmed in Mexico, Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala and that this virus can be linked to brain damage in unborn babies. That's very frightening and based on that link, the US Centers for Disase Control may warn pregnant women against travelling to countries where ZIKA has been detected. Today we spoke with Epidemiologist Dr. Marvin Manzanero via phone and he told us there is no cause for concern in Belize and they are working on measures to detect and test for this virus. Dr. Marvin Manzanero - Epidemiologist, Ministry of Health "We are aware that neighboring countries, El Salvador, Mexico, Guatemala and Honduras has confirm cases although none of them have documented sustained transmission cases among their population. So they have been isolated cases and in most instances have been imported cases. So no country in the region we are aware of in our immediate vicinity having sustained transmission. It calls for concerned for us in 2 forms. 1) Is detecting that we have and it's just a question of when we detect the first case. It may already be here for all we know and the other cause and we are following that i9s the potential link to micro cephalic cases.

The King Wants To Be UDP Chairman
He suffered one of the most epic defeats in political history in the 2015 general election, but Mark King still wants back into the game. Today he posted on his facebook page, quote, "my plan to bid in the upcoming election for chairman of the United Democratic Party." King adds, quote, "I have worked my way to the top of this party. I will keep the public updated on this as I progress to launch." The UDP National Party Council met on Saturday and agreed to hold a national convention on Sunday March 20 in Dangriga at the Ecumenical Auditorium. The official position is that the positions of Party Leader, First Deputy, Second Deputy, Chairperson and Vice Chair can be contested - but the unofficial agreement was that no posts would be challenged at this time - since the party is just coming out of an election and facing radical changes in the next few years, when Dean Barrow steps down. But while that was the agreement, King's social media notice kind of throws that out of whack. But, he still has to formally apply formally - the deadline for which is January 29th.

Deputy Kareem In Favour Of Francis
On Monday's newscast we had an interview with the PUP's Julius Espat, who has already been confirmed as Deputy Leader for the west - without any votes being cast at the national convention. Same for Kareem Musa. The first term representative has been confirmed as Deputy for the East - by default because no one else challenged for the post. Now the constitution of the PUP says nothing about regional deputies, but that's how they've been working it for a few years, and it seems the convention trumps the constitution. So, Musa is already deputy and is surveying the landscape to see which leader he wants to work with. Today he told us he has thrown his support fully behind Francis Fonseca - but is willing to work with anyone:... "As you know I put myself up for the deputy leader for the easts. It seems that I am not going to be contested, so I have a bigger role to play in the party now and certainly I have to be able to work along with anyone of those 3 gentleman; Mr. Francis Fonseca, Hon. John Briceno or the Hon. Cordel Hyde. So as a deputy leader I have to ensure that I can work with anyone of them at any given time and I have the utmost respect for all of them. But in terms of your question as to who I support, I can only support one unfortunately, because I think they all have very good qualities and each of us, each of the delegates that go to vote on January 31st - we have different standards, different tests that we apply and as a young politician, to me what is important is loyalty to party, loyalty to your people. To me that is very important. Being a team player, very important to me and to me the individual that best embodies those qualities of a leader that can build a team is the Hon. Francis Fonseca."

Phone Rates: BTL and SMART In Race To Bottom
How low can you go? The two phone service providers BTL and Smart are deadlocked in a race to the bottom - and the benefits accrue to you the consumer. In December last year Smart announced that it was slashing its mobile phone rates for the New Year and today BTL called us to their office to announce the lowering of their mobile per minute rate, to make it 22% cheaper than their previous 60 cents per minute rate. Lisa Standford - Mobile Project Manager: "On January 1st, we permanently lowered our prepaid rates and that's a good news for all our customers. it is now 47 cents to call on-net, which is your calling a Digicell or a BTL so you could call a Digicell number, a home number, a business number for as low as 47 cents and when you are calling SMART, its 50 cents so that's a huge change that we have made. Its 22% lower than what we had before." Emanuel Pech: "SMART primarily are known for their cheap rates. What is the strategy here, to beat them at their own game?"

Philloughby And Herman: The Big Payback
In March of 2015, when elected representative Herman Longsworth and candidate in waiting Phillip Willoughby stepped aside so gracefully to make way for the UDP's Tracy Taegar in Albert, we knew something was afoot, that some deal had been cut - confirmed both by instinct and political intel. In fact, we even asked the Prime Minister at the time what was the trade off - here's what he said to our pointed questions:.. FILE: March 25, 2015. Jules Vasquez: "What appeasement or appointments or arrangements have been offered to Mr. Willoughby and Mr. Longsworth in exchange for their, really, giving up what each of them thinks was a sure thing?" Hon. Dean Barrow: "Moving right along here in the same vein. You know the famous movie, cheap novel line. I could you tell you but I'll have to kill you." Jules Vasquez: "I understand that you treat it humorously but at the same time if they are public chips being traded for party favours, then it becomes a matter for public scrutiny. So then the question has to be asked, will you trade public chips for them to do internal party favours?"

President Jimmy Sworn In
In October the people of Guatemala voted Jimmy Morales as the new president of the Guatemalan but he did not assume his position until his swearing in ceremony today. Around 5:30 Morales made his appearance at his official inauguration in Guatemala City. He was received by a hearty applause from those in attendance including the Prime Minister of Belize Hon. Dean Barrow who took his seat next to the Vice President of the US Joe Biden a few minutes before the start of the ceremony. After the Guatemalan national anthem was played, the former Comedian Morales was ceremonially donned with the presidential sash and officially sworn in as the new President. In his address, Morales vowed to fight corruption and bring stability to the nation. Of note is that his political support is weak, with his conservative party holding just 11 seats of the 158 seat congress. Morales will serve as the President of Guatemala for the next four years.

The Art Of Architecture and Other Imaginings
We're used to seeing elaborate paintings, and other cultural depictions ...even poetry performances at the Image Factory. But today, the architects, not the artists took center stage. It's called Urban Interventions, the product of a project by students from the Caribbean School of Architecture at UWI. We found out more today anout their vision for Belize:� 32 students from the Jamaica School of Architecture participated in the research. For those wanting to see the show, it opens tomorrow night at 7:00.

Belizean Footballer Drafted In MLS
National team player, Michael Salazar was drafted today by Impact Montreal in the MLS Super draft. In 2013, Salazar was a forward on the National Football Team that represented Belize in the Gold Cup. The 23 year old Salazar went unto play for the University of California, Riverside. And now today, he was the second pick of the Montreal Impact team in the MLS Super Draft. It's a major accomplishment for any Belizean player and today we spoke to him via video chat and here is what he had to say about the draft selection: Michael Salazar: "It's an unbelievable achievement. Growing up in Belize, I learned pretty much everything when I was there and I believe in my dream since I was a little kid and now I just keep pushing for exactly what I believed in from day one and now it got me to this point to the MLS. It time for me to go work and open doors from Belizean people, especially the players over there. Because all of them wants the same opportunity that I have, but it could be a little more difficult and with me being the first to get draft in the MLS, hopefully that can help all the youths in Belize."

NEBL Ballaz Hope To Be Shot Callaz With Acquisition of "The Hammer"
The National Elite Basketball League OR NEBL season opens tomorrow night and one team is boosting its roster with a high flying American. He is 22 year-old James Milton, from Detroit, Michigan, known in Belize as "The Hammer". Last year, He helped the San Pedro Tigersharks win the championship, and this time around he's back to play for the Cayo Western Ballaz. At 6 foot ,7 inches, he towers above most of the competition, but he dipped his head to walk into our studio today: Basketball fans can see him in action on Saturday night at the Sacred Heart Auditorium in San Ignacio Town. His new team Cayo Western Ballaz takes on the league's new franchise, the Independence Thunderbolts.

19's A Crowd In a Court Room
Today, the Magistrate's court was full to overflowing, and that's because the 19 persons charged for the home invasion and burglary at the Sarkis Bou-Nahra mansion were called to court. Today was the first time that all 19 defendants were before the court - all at once. Everyone showed up - except for one defendant, female, 18 year old Crystal Augustine. A bench warrant has been issued for her - and her bail could also be revoked. The group of 18 in court today included, Tyrone Meighan, of Banak Street along with Brandon Baptist, James Noralez along with brothers and cousins, John, Gerson and Sheldon and Lane Grinage, along with their uncle, Randolph Coleman Jr, a coast guard, as well as Ashanti Roaches, Kamisha Cacho, Malik Pitts, Monique Cadle Paul Jex Jr., his father, Paul Sabido Jex Sr., Paula Jex, Pauline Jex, and Jeffery James Buller Jr., and Anthony Smith. The group who are represented by a number of attorneys including Dickie Bradley, Arthur Saldivar and Alifah Elrighton and Bryan Neal got another disclosure in their case.

Channel 5

DPM Gaspar Vega in Guyana Discussing Rice
Deputy Prime Minister Gaspar Vega returns to Belize this Friday from Guyana where substantive discussions took place about rice and its importation into Belize. Belize is looking at a structured [...]

Jack Charles on the Hot Seat for Breach of Procedures
On Tuesday, Prime Minister Dean Barrow chimed in on the rice situation, reiterating that the ongoing state of affairs is not an issue between Belize and Guyana.� He went on [...]

B.P.P. Weighs in on Rice Debacle
Today, the Belize Progressive Party weighed-in on the rice issue once again. In a previous release the party called for the government not to destroy the three containers of Guyanese [...]

Police Say Dark Knight Owner Brad Paumen Placed a Hit on Four Persons
Did American Bradley Paumen, owner of tour company Dark Knight put a hit on four persons? Apparently the Police believe that he did. On January sixth, Special Branch officers detained [...]

Keyren Tzib in Court for Preliminary Inquiry
Coastguard Keyren Tzib was granted bail in the lower court two days before last Christmas and today she walked into courtroom on her own free will. She is accused with [...]

18 Persons Charged in Connection With Home Invasion Were in Court Today
The courtroom of the Chief Magistrate was packed to capacity today. As many as eighteen defendants charged in connection with the home invasion at the house of businessman Sarkis Abou [...]

CWU & FCIB Workers Negotiations Nearing Conclusion
The Christian Workers Union and CIBC First Caribbean International Bank are concluding its negotiations on an exit package for some sixty of the bank's employees. In late December last year, [...]

San Pedro Police Detain One Man for PG Murder
On January ninth, the badly decomposed body of PG resident nineteen year old Jarrell Edward Pop was found dumped in a well in the town. He had multiple stab wounds [...]

PG Minor Also Detained for Questioning
While Valentine is on the way to Punta Gorda, a PG youth is currently detained at the police station in that southern municipality in connection with Pop's murder On Sunday [...]

Sugar Industry Stakeholders Meet on Child Labour Issue
Today stakeholders in the fight against child labour in sugar production met for its first ever concerted meeting. It included representatives from Fairtrade International, G.O.B. and CLAC, the Latin-American and [...]

Regional Networking Organization CLAC Involved in Finding a Solution
The Latin American and Caribbean Network of Small-holder Producers and Workers, CLAC, has two missions - one is the representation of those producers to the outside world, and the other [...]

Jimmy Morales is Guatemala's President
At a ceremony this afternoon which was delayed by two hours, Jimmy Morales became the new president of Guatemala. Before president Morales took the oath, the outgoing president Alejandro Maldonado [...]

Guatemala's Foreign Minister Speaks on Cuban Migrant Situation
In our coverage in Guatemala, we interviewed Foreign Minister Carlos Raul Morales on Wednesday. We asked him about the Cuban migration crisis which has caused a rift in the Central [...]

FM Morales Echoes Position That There is a Need for Guarantees
According to Foreign Minister Morales, specific guarantees should first be put in place before allowing the transit of Cuban migrants through Central America, en route to the United States.   [...]

MLA Was Not Formally Notified of Appointment of Commission
On Tuesday, government announced that members of the Toledo Maya Land Rights Commission have been named.� The official appointment of former minister Lisel Alamilla, Noreen Fairweather and Randall Sheppard as [...]

B.D.F. Acquires 2 Military Helicopters
As part of the B.D.F.'s 2016 schedule, plans are underway to establish air support for ongoing patrols near the Belize/Guatemala border.� On Monday, two UH-1H helicopters, commonly known as Hueys, [...]

CTV3

Police Continues To Investigate Tragic Accident That Claimed The Life Of Doyle A. Barrahona
Last night we reported that twenty four year old Doyle Anthony Barahona came face to face with death as a result of a tragic accident that occurred on Tuesday at about 4:50 p.m. on the Benque Road near St. Gabriel Medical Center. At the time of the accident, Barahona was travelling along with forty seven year old David Dominguez and twenty year old Christopher Usher in a blue Freight liner truck bearing license plate CZL A-00153. The three were heading towards the Hawksworth Bridge when the driver of the truck, Dominguez, realized that his brakes were malfunctioning and asked Barahona to step out in order to offer a helping hand by putting a rock in front of the back wheel of the truck.

Jimmy Morales Swear In As President Of Guatemala
Jimmy Morales was sworn in today as the new president of Guatemala after winning the general elections that took place last year. The ceremony took place at the Cultural Center Miguel Angel Asturias in the presence of both national and foreign invited guests including Presidents from El Salvador, Costa Rica, Honduras, Dominican Republic, Ecuador and the Prime Minister of Belize, Hon. Dean Barrow. Also present were vice-presidents of the United States, Cuba, Nicaragua and Venezuela.

BDF In The Chiquibul Has Decrease Illegal Activities
Commander General David Jones also told the media on his briefing that while many of flights of the new choppers will be to the Chiquibul, it will not be as many as before, since the strong BDF presence last year has pointedly reduced the presence of illegal activities in the protected area. The main concern for the BDF this year, according to Jones, will be to work on the situations along the borders of Mexico and Guatemala. "Our aim for 2016 is to arrest the situation even more along our border with our neighbouring countries, with Guatemala and Mexico. So air reconnaissance will increase. That also will be an increase in foot patrol and coverage of sum of the areas that we haven't been covering. So the other area of concern now is the area of Sebada which is inside the Chiquibul. This is the area we will be working with FCD to arrest that situation. There is an issue of the road being constructed to get the CP there because this is the most challenging area to reach, the area of Sebada. There is no road leading there, there is no helicopter site where we can just drop in get material there and construct. So we're looking at the feasibility of constructing a road to go to the area and have a conservation post placed there."

BDF Teams Up With Armies From Across The World
Last year the Belize Defense Force cooperated with the Guatemalan Armed forces and this year they hope to team up with armies from all over the world, reason being that the BDF have in their plans to build a Jungle Warfare School of Excellence. The BDF have been carrying out training since 1991, but they would like to make their training school better. Apart from a training school, Central American, Caribbean and American armed forces are looking to team up to stop the movement of drugs through Belizean territory. Brig. Gen. David Jones - Commander, BDF: "We want to expand it at a larger level because for the most part it is only individual officers and soldiers from foreign armies to do training in Belize but some of the forces to include the US army, the German, the Dutch, Norwegians, when they come in they want to bring in at least at company strength; so in excess of 100 men, 200 men instead of just 5 or 6. It will be a larger footprint of people coming to use the training areas in Belize. So we want it to be a school of excellence that not just the European countries but also the members of the Caribbean come into Belize and do jungle training here in Belize."

Accident On The Phillip Goldson Highway Leaves Two Injured
An accident on the Philip Goldson Highway between miles 86 and 87 yesterday resulted in one person being transported to the Northern Regional Hospital. According to authorities though, injuries suffered by the victims were minor. The head on collision between a green Toyota Camry and a black Toyota Four Runner occurred around 6:25 last night. Investigations have revealed that the driver of the Toyota Four Runner, 22 year old Belizean Driver Hipolito Cawich, was heading toward the Belize Northern Border when upon reaching between miles 86 and 87, a green Toyota Camry driven at the time by Altamira Resident, Luis Sosa, coming on the opposite direction, swerved directly into his lane causing the head on collision.

BDF To Receive Two Choppers To Assist In Incursion
Yesterday we told you about the new post that the Belize Defense Force is looking to build in the area of Consejo Shores in Corozal to combat the trafficking of drugs between Belize and Mexico. The announcement was made yesterday in a press briefing in which the BDF's plans for the year ahead was presented by Commander General David Jones. During the conference General David Jones also mentioned that two helicopters will be arriving on Monday. Jones also added that the helicopters will allow soldiers to respond quickly to situations located in places that are hard to reach along the western border with Guatemala, where intrusions are most common. Currently, when the BDF conducts operations or land clearings in secluded areas it takes days get there but with the arrival of these new choppers they will be able to make it there in less than an hour. Brig. Gen. David Jones - Commander, BDF: "Helicopter training will be a big thing for us this year because we expect to get in the other two UH-1H helicopters actually on Monday; coming Monday those two helicopters are expected to be in Belize. We will finalize between two contractors we are looking at now to decide which one of them will provide the helicopter training for our pilots. We already have the Bel, so this year 2016 we expect to have three helicopters up and running."

LOVE FM

Valencia's Mother Seeks Compensation from Deputy Commissioner
A pre trial review session was scheduled to take place inside the courtroom of Justice Shona Griffith in a civil suit brought against Deputy Commissioner of Police, Miguel Segura. As you may recall, in August 2014, Segura was in an road traffic accident on the George Price Highway which resulted in the death of 55 [�]

Agriculture Minister and CEO In Guyana on Rice Business
Minister of Agriculture, Gaspar Vega and his Chief Executive Officer, Jose Alpuche are in Georgetown, Guyana meeting with their counterparts and discussing the prospect of having Guyana be the go-to producer should Belize ever experience a short-fall in rice production. Vega and Alpuche were in meetings since yesterday and those sessions continue today with Guyana's [�]

Eliminating Child Labor in Sugar Production
"Working together to eliminate child labor in Sugar Production" was the theme under which the first stakeholders meeting was held in relation to child labor in sugar cane production. According to its 2014-2015 report, the Belize Sugar Cane Farmers Association was audited by Flo-cert which found out that one of the major non-compliances was the [�]

5 Week Update: 30K Tonnes Sugar Produced
And in related news, two hundred and four thousand eight hundred and thirty six tons of cane has been milled producing more than seventeen thousand tons of sugar. This is just five weeks into the crop season. This represents a decrease compared to last year. By week five of the last crop season, close to [�]

Market Vendors Protest in Culture Capital
At least fourteen vendors are up in arms after they were removed by the Dangriga Town Council. Correspondent Harry Arzu has the story. HARRY ARZU "The vegetable and clothing stalls that are along the North Stann Creek Riverside are still empty and the vendors who were once there are all over the place and are [�]

Kareem Supports Francis and Condemns Slander Campaigns
In the last National Party Council meeting for the People's United Party, a resolution was presented that states that the four Deputy Party Leaders will be regional leaders, meaning that each region of the country would be represented. Kareem Musa, who recently won the Caribbean Shores area in November 2015 had submitted his name for [�]

Will Owners of Belize Times, Vibes Radio and Independence Hall Resurface for Payment?
There is a popular adage that says history tends to repeat itself and that saying has proven true time and time again. With the Honorable John Briceno seeking to take back the post of leadership in the People's United Party there are some points of concerns that surround his leadership should he be successful on [�]

About 2016 Weight Loss Resolutions �.
With 2016 just getting started some two weeks ago, many persons are still trying to fulfil a resolution for a healthy lifestyle as it pertains to the food and beverages they consume as well as the hours put into exercise. Love News met up with the Nutritionist at the Karl Heusner Memorial Hospital, Giovanni Duran [�]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Guardian

UDP sets date for National Convention
The United Democratic Party's Central Executive met on Wednesday of last week at which a date for the National Convention was agreed to. Thereafter the National Party Council met on Saturday January 9 which ratified the decision to have the convention on Sunday March 20. The Convention will be held in Dangriga at the Ecumenical Auditorium where the positions of Party Leader, First Deputy Party Leader, Second Deputy Party Leader, National Chairperson and Vice Chairperson can be contested. Those persons who wish to challenge any of these positions can do so by submitting their applications to the UDP's secretariat no later than 5p.m. on Friday January 29. If there are challenges to any of these positions, they will be settled by way of an election by the 560 delegates who are eligible to vote. That number is comprised of 15 delegates per constituency, along with 2 past leaders, 2 delegates each from the youth arm and the womens arm; 62 votes from elected mayors and councilors in the towns and cities as well as the 5 UDP senators. The rest of delegates who are eligible to vote are members of the Central Executive including the Secretary General. These are persons who form part of various committees within the party.

Birdman tells KREM he wants his land
For at least a year Ernest 'Birdman' Olivera has been calling Wave Radio's Morning Show complaining that KREM Radio has a piece of land for him and they are refusing to give it to him. At the Guardian we decided to find out what Olivera's gripe is about and found a very irate man who says he won a prize from KREM radio station for over a year now and they are yet to make good on their raffle. Olivera says that in November of 2014 he stopped by at the corner of West Canal and Regent Street West where there was some activity going on. When he inquired he was told that KREM Radio was having a raffle to celebrate their 25th anniversary and the prizes included 25 lots. Having no land in his name Olivera decided to put in his name and phone number in the hopes of being one of 25 winners to the raffle.

Maya Land Rights Commission appointed
The Caribbean Court of Justice has set April 30, 2016 as the date for Government and the Maya leaders to return before the Court and report on the implementation of a land tenure system that features customary rights in Maya Villages. This was after Government reached a settlement with the Mayas conceding their right to customary land. In order to comply with this order, the Government of Belize officially appointed the Members of Toledo Maya Land Rights Commission on January 11, 2016. The commission will be chaired by Lisel Alamilla and she will be joined by Noreen Fairweather and Crown Counsel Randall Sheppard as members. Anthony Ross, described by the Attorney General as "a highly regarded attorney with substantial experience in Indigenous Affairs", has been assigned to the commission as an expert consultant.

Bowen and Bowen improves its facilities
Bowen and Bowen Limited, the only beverage company in Belize which produces and distributes Coca-Cola, as well as the Crystal Water, Crystal Juices, Belikin Beers and other flavors of beers, has invested 40 million dollars to construct a new bottling line. The new production plant was unveiled on Tuesday, January 13, at their factory in Ladyville. Prominent Ministers of Government, businessmen, politicians, and other VIP's were present for the ceremony, which put on display just how powerful this new equipment is in the mass-production of beverages. The new line can produce 20 thousand bottles of beverages per hour, and the President and CEO of the company, Michael Bowen has commented to the press saying, "We can produce all of our capacity within one shift in one week."

Hostel fire report to be released soon
A comprehensive report on the deadly fire at the Princess Royal Youth hostel on November 26 will be released to the public in the third week of January, says Hon. Anthony Martinez, Minister of Human Development. Elizabeth Mckoy, 14, Shadisha Arnold, 16, and Anna Carlos, 16, perished in a fire that started at the Youth Hostel after they were locked inside a building for misbehaviour. All three girls were locked inside the wooden building and the door was padlocked to prevent them from escaping. They were part of a group of four girls who escaped from the facility the day before but were captured by Hattieville Police and taken back. Initial investigations suggested that one of the girls managed to sneak a lighter past security check and she lit a pillow to force caretakers to open the door so they could escape again. Unfortunately, the fire quickly burst into an uncontrollable blaze. By the time the girls alerted those outside of the building, the fire was already burning a while. Then, for some still unexplained reason, the guard on duty could not get the locked door open. The three young girls were trapped inside a burning building, screaming in terror and pain as caretakers and other inmates tried desperately to get them out. The effort was not enough. The girls died, hopefully after passing out from smoke inhalation. The Ministry of Human Development reached out to Margaret Nicholas, Director of the National Committee for Families and Children and former Head of the Family Court to lead an independent investigation into the incident.

Aguacate village in Toledo receives new water system
The Government of Belize, steadfast in its continued commitment to address the basic needs of Belizeans, in the areas of water, sanitation and health; will expand and upgrade the Aguacate Rudimentary Water System for residents of Aguacate Village, Toledo District. In this regard, ground-breaking ceremonies to kick-off the water project were held in the village at 1:00 p.m. on 8 January 2016. The water project is financed by the Government of Belize at a cost of BZ$337,636.19 through a loan from the Caribbean Development Bank; so that residents of Aguacate are provided with a continuous supply of reliable potable water to meet their daily needs such as drinking, washing, bathing and cooking.

Auditorium? Finally! A promise fulfilled!
Perhaps you've heard the old adage, "Since king hatchet was a hammer." Then again you probably haven't. In many conversations here in Dangriga, that saying is synonymous to the many promises of having an auditorium being built for the citizens of this southern town. In the research for this story, it is alleged by some well-informed individuals that this building has been in the proverbial pipeline for close to 30 years and has often been used as a political gimmick by the PUP to garner votes. Former Dangriga UDP Representatives, the late Russell "Chiste" Garcia and Arthur "Turo" Roches both made conscious efforts to get this project off the ground, but due to budgetary constraints, were unsuccessful. As alluded to, repeated PUP administrations had this project listed in their manifestos almost every election season. No sooner than they were returned to Belmopan as ruling government, the sweet promises became yet another bitter pill for the Dangriga constituents to swallow - No Auditorium! 2015 was an unprecedented year as it relates to Belizean politics. There were two bi-elections, one in the Cayo North Constituency in January, and six months later in July, the other was here in Dangriga, followed by the general elections in November, all won by the ruling UDP government. The Dangriga bi-election as you may recall, was a result of former PUP Representative Ivan "Macka" Ramos resigning from the PUP and vacating his parliamentary seat at the House of Representatives. The Dangriga bi-election was an overwhelming victory for the Honorable Frank "Papa" Mena. He obtained his ticket to the House of Representatives and became the Minister of State in the Ministry of National Security.

Supreme Court says NEAC fast tracked Norwegian Cruise Line Harvest Caye facility
Supreme Court Justice Courtney Abel has ruled that the Department of Environment's National Environmental Appraisal Committee (NEAC) took important shortcuts to have fast tracked Norwegian Cruise Line's (NCL) Harvest Caye Berthing facility in the south. The Committee, chaired by Chief Environmental Officer Martin Allegria, did not perform its full legal obligation to the public when it did not allow the general public enough time to digest NCL's updated environmental impact assessment (EIA) on how it will responsibly develop Harvest Caye with minimal - if any - negative impacts to the environment which surrounds it. Readers will remember that 2 years ago in January 2014, the NCL representatives took quite a tongue lashing at the public meeting in Independence Village. That's where members of the public got an opportunity to voice their concerns on the Environmental Impact Assessment document that the multinational's environmental technicians prepared. For those readers who do not know what it is, an EIA is a study done by any developer in which extensive scientific measurements and observations are collected to prove to the Department of the Environment (DOE) that a project is feasible and should have minimal negative effects on the environment.

Cabinet denies Stake Bank exclusive contract
The Government of Belize has announced that it will not be giving the Stake Bank project any exclusivity. In a release it states that, "Cabinet at its meeting today, 12th January, 2016 considered a request from Michael Feinstein, principal of the proposed Stake Bank Development Project requesting consideration by the Government of Belize for a 25 year exclusive contract for the Stake Bank Project. Cabinet in its consideration recalled that in 2004, under the Musa administration, the Government of Belize had signed an agreement with the Fort Street Tourism Village (FSTV), giving the port exclusivity in the Belize District. Mr. Michael Feinstein was the main investor in FSTV at the time. Years later when Michael Feinstein sought to develop the Stake Bank Project which would be an additional port in Belize City, he ran into difficulties resulting from this 2004 agreement.

Belize Bank's Very Charitable Christmas
The Christmas holidays are always a much anticipated time of year by everyone; the young, the old, the abled, the disabled, to name a few. It is also a time of year where people give back and grant wishes to families, loved ones and even strangers as they participate in sharing the spirit of the Christmas season. This year, the Belize Bank and its Belize Bank Santa's Helpers were busy sharing in the Christmas spirit as it supported and participated in several social and community initiatives. Belize Bank provided a financial contribution totaling $30,000.00 in various initiatives with its partners; the Salvation Army, Hand-in-Hand Ministries, Stella Maris School and the Mercy Kitchen.

Arsonist arrested in Punta Gorda
Punta Gorda Police have arrested and charged a resident of the town for allegedly going on a sort of serial spate of arson. He allegedly set fire to property belonging to 4 different town residents. That accused arsonist is 22 year-old Kareem Chun, and he has been charged with 3 counts of arson. On January 10, at around 1:25 p.m., police responded to a report of a vehicle on fire on Cayetano Street. There they found fire fighters putting out a blaze engulfing the engine area of a 2005 Chevy Colorado pick-up truck. The owner, 39 year-old Merida Chan told police that she and her boyfriend made sure to check on their vehicle before going to bed, and some 3 hours later, they found it on fire. Just over an hour later, police had to respond to another fire at a house on Vernon Street. The home owner, 63 year-old Victor Caliz, told police that his family were awoken when they heard someone walking in their yard. A few minutes later, they found their bamboo chair, which was on the front verandah, engulfed in flames. Luckily, it was gotten under control before it could spread to the house and create a far worse situation.

Facing jail time for stealing beers
Businessman Ruhul Amin says that he was ambushed by a group of four men inside his shop on Saturday January 9, and one of the men stole six beers and one Smirnoff. That individual was caught on surveillance camera, according to police, and has been identified as Michael Anthony Usher, 25, of a Pinks Alley address. Usher is out on bail after he was arraigned in the Belize City Magistrates Court before Senior Magistrate Sharon Fraser on Monday, January 11, for a single charge of theft. Amin, owner of Amin Supermarket at #16 Barrack Road, reported to police that four male person entered his shop and two came to the counter and ordered several items to keep him distracted. That is when Michael Usher, who he knows well, went to the back of the counter, took a beer and paid for it. All four then left the shop. After the men left the shop, Amin checked the surveilance camera and noticed that Usher took six other beers and one Smirnoff which he did not pay for.

Cultivation of Cannabis in Benque
Benque Viejo Police visited a farm located off the Hydro Road on Thursday of last week, belonging to 56 year old Andres Valladarez. On arrival Police observed the Belizean farmer of Benque Viejo Town seated in a hammock under a thatch house. He was thereon informed that a search was going to be conducted for firearms, ammunition and illegal drugs. Benque Police found nothing illegal on him; however a search near the hammock area where he was lying lead to the discovery of a small transparent plastic bag which contained a green leafy substance suspected to be cannabis. It was shown to him and he was informed of the offence committed. A further search was conducted on the farm, which led to the discovery of three (3) plantation beds, each containing 3 cannabis plants, which were about 15 feet separated from each other. No one else was at the farm of Andres Valladarez at the time that the search was conducted by Benque police.

Police bust Bird with 7.1 grams of crack cocaine
Victoria Street fisherman, Rueben Herredia, 40, known on the streets as "Bird", is out on bail after he was busted by police with 7.1 grams of crack cocaine on Monday, January 11. Police say they were on mobile patrol around 3 p.m. on Castle Street when PC Earl Hamilton saw Heredia walking in the opposite direction from them. Hamilton claims that he saw Herredia pick up something, pushed it into his pocket and began to act suspicious. The officers approached and informed him that a search would be conducted. Inside his pocket, police found a piece of toilet paper which contained a small transparent bag with four pieces of white substance suspected to be crack cocaine.

Arrest made for murder of Belmopan taximan Isidro Suar
Belmopan Police have made an arrest in connection to the murder of the first of 2 Capital City taxi drivers, 28 year-old Isidro Suar. On Friday, January 8, at around 11:15 p.m., Suar, a resident of Belmopan, was found lying on the side of a street in an area of the city known as Piccini. That's in the vicinity of the Chon Saan Restaurant, and according to police, he had been shot several times to the head and body. Quick police thinking and mobilization allowed the cops to intercept a taxi in Ontario Village, shortly after Suar's body was discovered. There were 3 occupants in the vehicle, but one of them escaped, and according to police they detained 2 Belmopan residents, 25 year-old Licoln Bejerano and a 17 year-old female. The officers searched both persons and the surrounding area, and they found a .22 pistol with 3 live rounds along with 12 live rounds of .38 ammunition. They were both arrested and charged with keeping unlicensed ammunition, keeping an unlicensed firearm, robbery, and conspiracy to commit robbery. The investigators think that they robbed Suar, of his valuables, killed him, dumped his body, and then tried to escape.

Jack Charles will export Guayana rice out of Belize
Prime Minister Dean Barrow, who is also the Minister of Finance, is giving Belize City businessman Jack Charles an opportunity to possibly get his imported Guyanese rice out of Belize. The Prime Minister is not obliged to assist Charles in trying to recoup some of his investment, but Barrow is extending an olive branch to the importer who has - by pronouncement of the Supreme Court - unlawfully imported rice into Belize without the proper permits from the Customs Department, and the Belize Agricultural Health Authority. Readers will remember that on Tuesday, January 5, the Customs Department - by way of an ex-parte hearing - got an Order of Forfeiture granted by Senior Magistrate Sharon Frazer. With the power of that order, Customs was legally authorized to take possession of Charles' 3 containers of imported rice, all 75 tonnes of it, and destroy it. That was the intention, but Charles' attorneys intervened just in time to get the Supreme Court to grant an interim injunction restraining customs from destroying the rice.

Leon Gentle faces charge for tour operators' feud
Five of the six men accused of beating up the son of tour operator Vitalino Reyes Sr. have been cleared of all charges after Senior Magistrate Sharon Fraser ruled that there is not sufficent evidence for them to face trial. The men were charged with dangerous harm upon Vitalino Reyes Jr. in June of 2014. Leon Gentle, Jimmy Cortez, John Frazer, Christopher Williams, Evan Williams and Keith Vairez were at Long Island Bar socializing with their boss Yhony Rosado, owner of Cavetubing.com, on Thursday, May 29, 2014 when they got into an altercation with Reyes Jr. whose father owns Cavetubing.bz. Reyes Jr. was socializing with his friend Yhony Vega. It is alleged that as Reyes and his friend were leaving, some of Rosado's employees blocked the door and attacked Reyes and his friend. The beating on Reyes was so severe that he ended up in a coma. Yhony Rosado said that neither he nor his employees touched Reyes and his friend. He says there were other people in the bar and they may have been the ones who got into the fight.

Belmopan taximan Yoni Maas killed for no apparent reason
Yoni Maas, a 24 year-old Belmopan resident, was the second taxi driver from Belmopan to be found killed less than 3 days apart. Police continue to carry investigations into his murder, but at this time, no concrete leads have been discovered. On Sunday morning, January 10th, at around 10 o'clock, police were called out to the Mount Pleasant Road in the Cayo District. There, in an area about half a mile off a feeder road, which is close to a Belize Natural Energy oil well, they found Maas' body in an advanced state of decomposition. He had been shot several times to the face and chest. Investigators have been trying to put together a timeline of events leading up to his death, but what they know for sure is that he was reported missing on Friday, January 9 by his common-law wife. They believe that he went to work as per normal on Thursday night at the Belmopan Bus Terminal, where clients can hire him. Police suspect that he may have spoken to his killer on the cellphone, after which, he was lured to his death.

Two youths charged for the murder of Matthiew Klinck
Two youths from Santa Elena Town in the Cayo District have been jointly charged for the crime of murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Nineteen year old Brandon Anderson, a resident of La Loma Luz Boulevard in Santa Elena as well as a sixteen year old male appeared before magistrate Albert Hoare in San Ignacio Town on Friday of last week and were remanded to prison until April 12, 2016. The body of 37 year old Canadian Film Director Matthiew Klinck was found on the night of January 4th lying face up about 15 feet away from his residence in Selena Village, at the outskirts of Spanish Lookout in the Cayo District. Already in a decomposing state, a post mortem conducted on site had revealed that the Aylner born, Quebec native's death has been as a result of hypovolemic shock due to multiple stab wounds. A further examination of the body by experts also showed that there were some 14 stab wounds to the upper part of his body. Friends who were visiting Klinck on that Monday discovered the door to the house ajar and ransacked, but his precious camera and other electronic equipment had been left untouched.

Michael Arnold charged for robbery of Miss Pou
Michael Arnold, 23, also known as "Teetie", is on remand at the Belize Central Prison for allegedly robbing 56-year-old Maria Pou of Pou's Meat Pies on New Road. According to police reports, Maria Pou had just collected $500 rent from a tenant on Tuesday, January 5, when she was ambushed. The man tried to snatch the money away from her but she held on tight. He then threw her to the ground and dragged her as she refused to release the cash. Miss Pou could not keep up the fight long enough for help to arrive. The stronger male managed to take the cash away and ran away towards Pickstock Street where he was picked up by a vehicle. Miss Pou was taken to the Karl Heusner Memorial where she was treated for a burst head and other minor injuries. She did not get a good look at the suspect but police were able to make an arrest based on eyewitness testimonies.

Punta Gorda man killed and dumped in a well
There was a fourth murder discovered during the weekend, this time in Punta Gorda Town, in the Toledo District. On Sunday, January 10, at around 8:30 p.m., PG police found a decomposing body at the bottom of a shallow water well in the New City area of the town. The body was later identified as 19 year-old Jarrel Edward Pop, and an on-site post-mortem certified that he was chopped and stabbed to death. Pop suffered multiple injuries to the neck, the abdomen area. Investigators are reluctant to release any further details at this time, but reports to the press are that 7 persons were detained shortly after Pop's body was found.

Young female commits suicide in Cayo
On 12th January 2016 about 7:45 pm, information was received of a suspected suicide and as a result San Ignacio Police visited the Loma Luz Hospital, Santa Elena town, where the doctor showed the police the lifeless body a female on a bed motionless whose name was learnt to be Abigail Jeane Pott 15 years, Belizean student of San Ignacio Town. The guardian of Pott, Estella Pott 64-year-old Belizean of the same address, reported that on the 12th January 2015 about 6.00 pm she was at home preparing supper for her two granddaughters namely Abigail Pott and her sister Leila Pott. After preparing supper she sent Leila to inform Abigail that supper was ready; however Leila could not enter the room. A few minutes after Estella Pott's older daughter Estella Pech knocked the room door as well, but again all her attempts were fruitless. Estella Pot then peeped through a window and saw Abigail Pott hanging from a white and blue rope tied to her neck, which was tied to a board that was placed in the attic. Immediately after the entire family forcefully got in the room and let the rope loose from Abigail Pott's neck, but she was already motionless.

Supreme Court opens: same problems plaguing our judicial system
If justice delayed is truly justice denied then, based on the testimonies of the heads of both the Bench and Bar of Belize, there is no justice in this jurisdiction. As a country we must be extremely grateful that the Chief Justice's courtroom is too small to fit the students who march out of their classrooms to see the Opening of the Supreme Court. If they were allowed to enter that chamber, they would leave as dull eyed, hopeless cynics. For those very fortunate individuals that make up the Bench and the Bar, it always seems like the justice system is a mansion built on top of stilts. The sky is always falling. What is worse about the addresses made at the Opening of the Supreme Court is that the problems facing the justice system of the country is always the other party's fault. The Bench points out the problems caused by the Bar; the Bar points out the challenges caused by the Bench; the Bench and Bar express frustrations with Government and the Attorney General ends up scolding them both. Even at the opportune time for reflection on the state of the justice system, the individuals tasked with developing the system are too lawyerish to evaluate their own performance. The 2016 Opening of the Supreme Court was no different from those of recent years - a slightly different cast with the same roles, same punch lines and same cues.

Telemedia partners with SJC for computer program
The Belize Telemedia Limited has signed a memorandum of understanding with Saint John's College for the development of the Jesuit institution's information technology program. On Tuesday, January 12, the Chairman of BTL's Executive committee, Anwar Barrow, signed an agreement with the President of SJC, Allis Peralta, for a continued partnership between the prestigious learning institution and the local communications giant. The BTL-SJC marriage kicked off with the launch of the BTL Technology Lab that was opened for students at the beginning of this semester. The lab is the home of a new program that has been developed as a result of the partnership, Associate's Degree Program in Computer Networking. Anwar Barrow said, "The technology lab is really part and parcel of the academic program which SJC is going to launch and that program is important to BTL because we are always looking for new talent to recruit into the company with the adequate training as well as to train our people who are already members of the team."

Together
Out in the world, there are many different types of people who believe in different ideas and who seem to appear vastly different compared to us. Currently many people fail to comprehend that though we appear to be different, we share so many characteristics with these people around the vastly incredible world. We all perform very similar routines to carry out our daily lives, and most importantly all of us share similar thoughts. All 7 billion of us love to smile, laugh, and have someone to love who also loves us. We all want to be someone and find happiness and we all are human beings who share the desire to become more in life and succeed. We as a world society must never lose sight of this idea. But sadly, it is deteriorating because people are choosing to ignore these principles that every person in the world possess. We start to lose sight that everyone is a human being who wants to find happiness in another's love. We start to judge people by their race and belief and only associate one type of personality to a set group. Because humans act more on ignorance than understanding, we create differences amongst us in society, and in return, we create boundaries between ourselves that make us believe that we are very different from the other.

Year in Review 2015 Pt 2
In the last edition of The Guardian, we reminded readers of the most important stories in the first part of the year. By that time, the United Democratic Party was coming off two very successful election cycles, and the party pushed full steam ahead with its national agenda. JULY In July, the Government had indicated that it would continue to tap into the resources afforded by the Petro-Caribe initiative to fund a number of infrastructure projects.

WORDS OF LIFE2015 was not an easy year for me. Yes, there were highlights. I was privileged to assist in the training of new pastors. I was invited to preach on some occasions. But there were challenges also! The plans that I had made for the last four months of the year were shattered, and the invitations ceased. There were also financial challenges, as I am sponsoring my Godson to attend CET in San Ignacio. I'm sure that many readers of this newspaper have also faced challenges and discouragements during the year, and even now. But then I remembered God's word in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Belize to host CADICA Championship in February
The Belize Athletics Association informs the general public that the Belize Athletics Association will be hosting the 10th Central American Cross Country Championship in Athletics. The championship is being sponsored by the Central American Track and Field Organisation (CADICA). The championship is scheduled for Saturday 20th February, 2016, at the Roaring River Golf Course in Roaring Creek Village, Cayo District. It is anticipated that the championship will bring together some 125 cross country athletes and officials from all seven Central American countries.

Canoe racing season opens in Burrell Boom
It's open season for river water lovers. The Belize Canoe Association kicked off its 2016 canoe racing season on Sunday, January 10th at the Old market Area in Burrell Boom Village. The race featured paddlers from eighteen teams who assembled to make the river journey from Burrell Boom Village to Manatee Lookout located at Mile 9 on the Phillip Goldson Highway. At the sound of the whistle at 10:00am sharp, the canoes took off like speed motorboats each with a view to capturing the Burrell Boom Bridge $50.00 station prize. Koop Sheet Metal Male Team would prove the fastest and captured the prize five minutes and fifteen seconds later. The race consisted of six categories - Male (8), Female (2), Mixed (3), Masters (3), Intramural (1) and Pleasure (1). At the finish line the first teams from the male category made quite an impression on the spectators with a sensational finish sprint with the Belize Bank Bulldogs securing first place in a time of 1hour 19minutes and 24seconds. Hot on their stern was Team NICH who came in a second too late. The third place winner was team Guydis in the Male category.

Primary Schools National Competition Kick-off
The Primary Schools National Basketball Competition got underway today countrywide. In Belize City 9 primary schools fielded two teams each - male and female. The Minister of State with responsibility of Sports, Honorable Elodio Aragon was at the Bird's Isle in Belize City for the launch of the competition. "You are our hope for a better Belize and it is up to you to carry on the legacy of sports our forefathers left for us" said Honorable Aragon. He went on to encourage the young children saying, "Sports is a good way to stay out of trouble and an excellent way to stay healthy." The excited children listened keenly while Honorable Aragon spoke to them and after he declared the competition open it was time to get down to business. The young players adeptly displayed their skills much to the enjoyment of all present.

San Pedro Tigersharks to defend back to back national basketball title
The National Elite Basketball League (NEBL) will commence this Friday night, January 15, as the two time defending champions, San Pedro Tiger Sharks, will travel to Orange Walk Town to take on the Orange Walk Running Rebels. This game will tip off the 2016 season, and it will start at 9 p.m. at the Orange Walk Multi Purpose Complex. This year's championship will be opened by the Hon. Elodio Aragon, Minister of State with responsibility for sports. The competition will then continue on Saturday night 16 January, with the other six teams taking to the court, as Cayo Western Ballaz will host the new franchise, Independence Thunderbolts, at the Sacred Heart College Auditorium at 8 p.m. Dangriga Warriors will travel to the old capital to take on Belize City No Limit at Bird's Isle, in Belize City, with tip-off time set for 8 p.m. The final game of the opening weekend will be the battle of two teams with much improved rosters, where Belmopan Bandits will host Belize Hurricanes at the UB gymnasium in Belmopan at 8 p.m.

Football Federation of Belize names Electoral Committee
The Football Federation of Belize in its preparation for District Association Elections and Executive elections at the national level has named its Electoral Committee. The Football Federation of Belize General Secretary and the Electoral Committee members held their first meeting on Tuesday 5th January, 2016, to discuss matters leading up to the District and Executive elections. The members that were elected to serve on the Electoral Committee are as follows Jay Chavarria, Brian Castillo, Wilmore Staine, Winston Martinez, Luis Braddick, Alberto Lanza, Adrian Cowo, Keith Lino, Burnz Martinez, Gilroy Middleton, Fred Bryant, Miguel Gongora and Rosalie Gentle.

CYDP Peace Cup enters semi-final round
The Conscious Youth Development Programme on-going Peace Cup Football competition will play its semi-final round on Sunday 17 January, 2016, at the MCC Grounds with two games. On Saturday 9 January, 2016, in the first game played in the Quarter-Final round, Uprising Strikers eliminated Survivor United by the score of 6-1. The goals for Uprising Strikers were scored by Harold Thompson (3), Darrel Myvette, Brandon Myers and Naim Wilson. For Survivor United, the only goal of the game was scored by Sanjay Pitts. In game two, Kelly Street FC eliminated West Lake United by the score of 4-1. The goals for Kelly Street FC were scored by Francis Andrews, Steven Baizar (2), and Tyrone Muschamp. For West Lake United, its only goal was scored by Shannon Flowers.

Central Region high school's football competition opens
The Central Region Secondary Schools Football Competition opened on Thursday 7 January, 2016. This year's competition will see four schools in the female division which includes Gwen Lizarraga High School, Ladyville Technical High School, St. Catherine Academy and Wesley College. While in the male division the schools are Anglican Cathedral College, Belize High School, Gwen Lizarraga High School, Ladyville Technical High School, Maud Williams High School, St. John's College and Wesley College. In the opening game which was played in the male competition, Wesley College defeated Gwen Lizarraga High School by the score of 4-0. The goals for Wesley College were scored by Devon Davis (2) and Shemar Thompson (2). On Friday 8 January, in the female competition, St. Catherine Academy defeated Gwen Lizarraga High School by the score of 1-0. The only goal of the game was scored by Kelsey Rodriguez.

Report domestic abuse on first instance
A two day workshop on domestic violence under the guidance of the Child Development Foundation CDF was held at the George Price Center for Peace and Development in Belmopan on both Thursday and Friday of last week. During the two days, domestic violence was a central focus given that it occurs at an alarming frequency and has deadly consequences. Participants came from many parts of Belize and involved social workers, nurses and other stakeholders. As explained by workshop facilitator Crystal Humes, from the CDF, domestic abuse is a pattern of abusive behavior that one partner uses to maintain power and control over their partner. For experts like Dr. Mercedes Ken, who was present at the workshop, women should report their first case of abuse whenever it occurs "�once it is one time, you have to report it, because in a relationship, once it happens one time, it can happen again." However; explained Dr. Mercedes Ken, women are mostly unaware that it is domestic violence and mostly report bodily force and not emotional and psychological abuse.

Our Lady of Guadalupe High School's celebration of academic achievement awards
On Tuesday, 12 January 2016, the Our Lady of Guadalupe High School (O.L.O.G) in Belmopan, celebrated the academic achievements of its students for the First Semester of the 2015-2016 school year. The celebration of academic achievements took place at O.L.O.G.'s basketball court. The program included the issuing of Certificates of Achievements to its 71 Honor Students. 71 students completed their First Semester with overall averages of 85% and above. Furthermore, in recognition of the dearth of Math Majors at the University of Belize, and of the need of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (S.T.E.M.) majors and specialists to the Belizean Society and Economy, O.L.O.G. has created a Math Trophy, and issued Math medals as well.

PUP's Thin Line between Love and Hate
In the 1960's a well known group THE PRETENDERS did a song named "Thin line Between Love And Hate " That song and the name of the group could now apply to the People's United Party. There is only one change that needs to be made. The name of the song must be changed to "NO Line Between Love And Hate". How could the members of that party have loved all it's members so much just over two months ago, only to turn around to hate each other so much NOW? They must be the Pretenders indeed. This love / hate Facebook quarrel in the P.U.P is vicious and the Wassas and Bembes are not all women. It is mostly MEN playing the rolls as Wassa-women and Bembe-gyal. Sure there are a few women involved, but not too many. One woman whose name has been singled out for special attention is Kaila the puzzle lady. Apparently she supports Francis for leader and has taken to Facebook to campaign for him as is her right. Well that has not gone down well with some Johnny/Cordel supporters who are now calling her all sorts of names including CRAZY and PSYCHO.

When pigs fight
Pig fights by nature are very dirty. These fights usually take place in mud. That mud may not just be mud as we know mud to be. It may be a mixture of the natural soil; pig slop and pig excrement. Any which way we know it has a foul smell. That smell is left on the participants. When pigs fight the fights are never fair. These pigs use every dirty trick in the books and will stop at nothing to win. What we now are witnessing in the P. U. P is nothing short of s glorified pig-fight. The combatants appears to have thrown caution to the wind and have decided that anything goes. There are no rules in this fight. Old and young HOGS who may have been standing on the side have been dragged into the mud, even old and young SOWS have not been spared. This is a full range war and all members of the SUIDAE clan will be heard from. It is probably best that this fight is taking place after Christmas or we would not have any ham.

CARICOM accredits new Belizean envoy as ambassadors meet
As the CARICOM Committee of Ambassadors met in Georgetown, Guyana, on Wednesday to engage on the Community Reform Process, CARICOM Secretary-General, Ambassador Irwin LaRocque, accepted the Letters of Credence from H.E. Daniel Gutierrez, new Ambassador of Belize. In a short accreditation ceremony held in his office, Ambassador LaRocque told the newest member of the Committee that he will have the opportunity to help shape the future direction of the integration movement by advancing the implementation of decisions of Organs of the Community at the national level. He noted that during his recent engagement with the Hon. Dean Barrow, Prime Minister of Belize and Chairman of the Caribbean Community for the next six months, it was evident that the Prime Minister was keen on making an even stronger link between national and regional agendas.

Vehicle commandeered near Armenia
A mother and family had their vehicle commandeered near Armenia in Cayo. Thirty eight year old Melonie Popper Coc, a Belizean Manager of Ladyville, Belize District, reported that on Saturday, 2nd January 2016 about 7:15pm she was driving a blue-grey 2007 Isuzu D-Max, four door pickup, with license plate# BZ-C-43751 property of Puma Energy Limited. The businesswoman was travelling along with her mother and 4 other children from Belmopan to Pomona Village, Stann Creek District. Upon reaching the second bump in Armenia Village, she pulled over to the side of the highway to make a phone call where she exited the pickup and whilst on her phone she was approached by a male person of hispanic descent, slim built, about 5 feet 3 inches in height. The man had a low haircut and moustache, he was wearing a camouflage jacket and underneath the jacket was a plain white T- shirt, he also had on a dark cargo type short pants. After approaching Coc, he told her to give him her phone.

American charged for accident on Phillip Goldson Highway
American national Stephen Howe was fined by Magistrate Carlos Mendoza for causing a vehicle accident on the Phillip Goldon Highway on Thursday, January 7. According to police report, just after 7 a.m. on Thursday morning Turkish national Cuneyt Kumsal, 41, was driving his grey Chevy SUV on the Phillip Goldson Highway and upon reaching in front of Low's Supermarket a Kia Sportage collided into his vehicle. The Kia Sportage was being driven by American Stephen Howe. Howe was driving from a street adjacent to the supermarket and was entering the highway when he drove into Kumsal's vehicle. Kumsal sustained abrasions to his left hand and forearm and bruises to the face and both hands. Stephen Howe walked away without injury.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Keyren Tzib faces preliminary inquiry on manslaughter charge
Coast Guard officer Keyren Tzib was back in the Magistrate's Court today and has been told that she will face a preliminary inquiry in February for a manslaughter charge in the death of common-law husband Thytis Blancaneaux. Tzib, represented by Darrell Bradley, will return [�]

Abou-Nehra home invasion accused wanted for not going to court
For the first time since the incident happened, 18 of the 19 persons charged in the sensational burglary and rape at the residence of Lebanon Honorary Consul to Belize Sarkis Abou-Nehra appeared at the Magistrate's Court today. It had the feel of a high [�]

John Briceno wants another chance to be People's United Party leader
This week, Orange Walk Central area representative John Briceno has been speaking about his attempt to return to leadership of the People's United Party (PUP), which he held from 2008 to 2011. Briceno had stepped down due to health issues, but back in fighting [�]

Belize Defense Force reports successes in 2015 and plans for 2016
Brigadier General David Jones, Commander of the Belize Defense Force, flanked by Minister of National Security John Saldivar, spoke yesterday on the achievements of the local military in 2015 and how they plan to forge ahead in this New Year. According to General Jones, key successes for [�]

BTIA court victory will not stop Harvest Caye; guidelines handed down for future projects
Supreme Court Justice Courtney Abel on Wednesday handed down his decision on the case of the Belize Tourism Industry Association (BTIA) versus the Department of the Environment (DOE) and National Environmental Appraisal Committee (NEAC). BTIA's suit, filed in 2014 and argued last year, accused [�]

Daniel Gutierrez new Belize Ambassador to CARICOM
Belize has a new ambassador to the Caribbean Community or CARICOM. He is His Excellency Daniel Gutierrez, most recently communications officer for Belize Natural Energy. At his accreditation ceremony today, he said that the best years of the integration movement lie ahead for what [�]

Telemedia makes investments in 4G technology
Executive Committee chairman of BTL, Anwar Barrow, says Tuesday's announcement at SJCJC is the start of what is expected to be a productive year for the state-run telephone company; he projects an upturn in revenues after several years of decline, due to continuous upgrades to [�]

San Ignacio police find pound of weed
Searches conducted30 a.m., officers searched the lot located on Peter August Street in Santa Elena Town, Cayo [�]

Owners of illegal 9mm evade police capture
Two men escaped gun charges last week in Belize City after throwing away a nine-millimeter handgun on sight of police, then managed to use the cover of darkness to make their escape. At around 8:40 p.m. on Thursday, January 7th, officers conducting motorcycle patrol [�]

First January hurricane since 1930s on the move
A low pressure system that was moving over the Eastern Atlantic has entered the history books by developing into a rare January hurricane, which has been given the first name on the 2016 list for the Atlantic Basin, 'Alex'. Alex formed near the central [�]

Blogs

Snapshots Around Belize From My Week and Others' - Both Under & Over Water
My week (or so) has been pretty fantastic. From a trip to Belmopan on Jan 4th to renew my US passport (her pages were full) to Sleeping Giant Resort in Cayo to Estel's BBQ on Ambergris Caye to snorkeling with a family of squid off South Water Caye. I'm headed back to Belmopan to pick up the aforementioned passport in about an hour�there and back in a day. Boat to the taxi to the bus to the taxi�I find it strangely relaxing. Here's some of the past 10 days for me (and others) in Belize. Liam Gallagher of the band Oasis landed on our shores�or at least that was what he was cryptically telling us on Twitter. Based on his tweet of the Conch Shell phone - the one used to reach the front desk at Francis Ford Coppola's resort Turtle Inn in Placencia - I think I tracked him. I also found a piece of "fool's Ambergris" on the beach. Promising looking for sure - but really just a hunk of wax. It's like Beach Powerball slipping through my fingers.

5 Best Things to Do in Beautiful Caye Caulker Belize
In Caye Caulker Belize, things are slower, informal and laid back Ambergris Caye Belizeeven in Caye Caulker hotels. Belize's barrier islands carries more of a Caribbean island feel to it, instead of a Central American nation. People here are quite happy and friendly and they all speak English. After all, Belize retains the classification of being the only Central American county that has English as its national language. Seafood is mostly plentiful and usually inexpensive and hotels in Caye Caulker Belize is plentiful. There are no cars here because they're not needed on this small island. There are 3 dirt streets extending along the Front, Middle and Back that are used by bicyclists, waters and golf carts. The lack of cars ensures the slow pace of the island so it's more pleasant. There is so much construction of Caye Caulker Belize lodging and other facilities going on, so this is one of those places you have to go to so you can enjoy its charm before it becomes more built-up. Here are the top five things to do in Caye Caulker.

Introduction to Belize
Belize is the smallest country of Central America's seven nations. Roughly the size of New Jersey, USA or Wales, UK, Belize is located along the Caribbean Sea, wedged between Mexico to the north and Guatemala to the west and south. Balize's collection of tiny Caribbean islands and extensive reef system are probably the country's most famous and certainly most astounding claim to fame. That's due to the 700-mile-long MesoAmerican Reef, the world's second largest barrier reef, which lies just offshore parallel-ing Belize's entire coast. This reef is smaller only to Australia's Great Barrier Reef on the other side of the globe. In the America's the MesoAmerican Barrier Reef rules. Originating much further north at the tip of Mexico's Yucatan peninsula, the Reef runs south along the entire Belizean coast, extending even further south past Guatemala and into Honduras.

From Mundane to Mayhem
I know it's been a long time between posts, but there just hasn't been anything all that interesting to blog about. We've spent the last number of weeks doing routine home maintenance. You know, things like reorganizing cupboards and closets, rearranging furniture, and scraping, sealing, painting exterior walls. All activities that needed to get done, but are about as exciting as watching paint dry. But come the end of this month, a bit of mayhem will be introduced to our lives. The reason? Well, we decided to have a pool and pool house built! And for those of you thinking we already have a pool, well, we did but the liner needed to be replaced. The UV rays here took their toll and we developed a pesky leak that was beyond patching. We looked into having a replacement liner shipped down from the States, but it would cost almost the same price of buying a whole new above-ground pool here. With that information in hand, it was only a small leap to decide we would go with having a pool and small house built. Here's a look at our floor plan (click on the image for a larger view):

International Sourcesizz

UK revealed as the top traveller destination worldwide
Belize is mentioned in here ... look for it! Hostelworld reveals top 20 traveller destinations. Movers and shakers reveal Myanmar, Belize and Albania in the top 10 of destinations to watch for millennial travel.

CARICOM Accredits New Belizean Envoy
Congratulations, Danny! He's the new Belizen ambassador to CARICOM. Great call on that one. "As the CARICOM Committee of Ambassadors meets in Georgetown, Guyana, Wednesday to engage on the Community Reform Process, CARICOM Secretary-General Ambassador Irwin LaRocque accepted the Letters of Credence from H.E. Daniel Gutierrez, new Ambassador of Belize."

Book: Jamaal meets Marcus Garvey
Jamaal meets Marcus Garvey introduces young readers to the famous Jamaican leader, Marcus Garvey. They will learn about his young life and his drive to establish the world's largest black organization the Universal Negro Improvement Association (UNIA). Using a combination of fiction and facts, readers, children and adults alike, will learn about Marcus Garvey, his early childhood, his teenage years and young adulthood as he traveled around the world and learned the plight of black people in the post slavery era. They will also learn how he was motivated to help all people of African descent and why it is important that we continue to use his philosophy in our daily lives.

A Traveler's Dream - Staying In A Treehouse in Belize City
Airbnb unveils top Wish Listed destinations and properties around the world. Airbnb, the world's leading community-driven hospitality company, today unveiled the most popular Wish-Listed locations and properties around the globe. Airbnb Wish Lists is a feature that lets travelers save and share their favorite Airbnb listings, whether a cabin in Cornwall or a villa in Bali. Each of the almost two million listings in 190 countries around the world on Airbnb is unique and staying in one offers a glimpse into a new neighborhood and lifestyle. Top 10 Highest Percentage of Homes Wish Listed in a Destinations Globally** 1) Belize City, Belize 2) Okinawa, Japan 3) Savannah, Georgia 4) Turks and Caicos 5) Mendocino, California 6) Kyoto, Japan 7) San Juan, Puerto Rico 8) Margaret River, Australia 9) Jervis Bay, Australia 10) Tamarindo, Costa Rica

Videos

• Diving Placencia Belize, 10min. Visited Placencia in Belize over the New Year's Eve. Stayed at Laru Beya and went scuba diving and snorkeling at Silk and Pompion Caye with Splash Dive Center.

• Costa Blu Resort, San Pedro, Belize, 1.5min.

• Rick and Nora's World Trip - Beasty Belize, 3.5min. This is our 18th month of our world trip, entering our 22nd country Belize: A country of wilderness and jungles, beasts and bugs, fish and fun! It was like traveling back in time, when the world used to be ruled by nature, and men were respectful to all the beauty it gives. We danced our asses of on Caribbean rhythms together with the Garifuna people (descendants of Africa) and got in the shoes of Robinson Crusoe when we spent a week on a very remote and deserted island. Definitely worth visiting if you want to go back to basics and feel like beast!

• Traveling Misfits In Belize 2015, 16min.

• Scuba Diving Belize 2015, 11min.

• Belize Season, 3min. Head down with us to Ambergris Caye off the caribbean coast of Central America. Experimental editing solutions for a weekend that ended too quickly. Sometimes when you look back and try hard to remember the past all you see are flickering moments, single second clips at a time

• The Truth about Secret Beach Belize, 28min. Due to the tremendous response we've been getting from clients looking to invest in the Secret Beach area of Ambergris Caye I've put together this short slide show presentation complete with pictures, maps and property options that highlight some of the best investment opportunities while also exposing the truth on why some properties in this area might not be a good investment at this time.

• Link Copied to Clipboard
    March
    S M T W T F S
    1 2
    3 4 5 6 7 8 9
    10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    17 18 19 20 21 22 23
    24 25 26 27 28 29 30
    Cayo Espanto
    Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
    More Links
    Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
    Who's Online Now
    0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
    Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
    Forum Statistics
    Forums44
    Topics79,199
    Posts500,011
    Members20,460
    Most Online7,413
    Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
    BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
    BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
    BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
    and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.