Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
OP Offline
M
...and we're staying at Captain Morgan's. Ever since finding this board (which was about two weeks after we booked our trip), I've been feeling a little uneasy about our choice of accommodations. Has anybody out there stayed at the Captain's recently and was it nice? How was the food? Are the Casitas nice? I'm looking to take my wife away for her B-day and my intention was to find a place that gives the feeling of being secluded but still remain close enough to some kind of resort type of setting where we don't feel stranded. I can't really determine if people liked this place or not after doing a search. Nobody said anything truly awful, but nobody raved about it either. Did I make the right choice?

B
B
"Secluded but not stranded" is a good way to put it. IMAHO it was beautiful and romantic. a cool bar and good food and pool. Plan on going to town by water taxi or bicyccle or golfcart[pricey] Especially if you bike, the other resorts north of the cut are accessible [like the palapa on sundays]
I would describe the service and setting as between solid and wonderful. I fI ate all meals there I would feel like I missed something in town. I think they have a full service dive/tour shop.
One small problem may be if you go for the latenight party, how do you getback? I know private water taxis can be arranged. there is a regularly scheduled water taxi that runs, but not LATE at night.
Does my jealously over your trip bleed through my writing? We have traveled pretty much and we would be completely psyched to be going there :^} Don't worry your pretty little head

i always have an opinion, and here is mine (note: i did not stay there, i was a bit north, at journey's end)

on AC in general, do not expect american ideas of "4 star" or anything. it is a third world country. you must lower your expectations and be pleased, rather than expecting the best and being disappointed. my thoughts on JE was that the beach & grounds are magnificent, the staff very nice, the food pretty good, but the rooms were just ok. (not quite as nice as they loked on the website)

i understand this is similar to what i hear of CM's.

//ambergriscaye.com/caribeisland/index.html

like this.

M
OP Offline
M
Thank you both for your replies and reassurances on Cap'n Morgan's. Reading the different posts on this board, we are more excited than ever about visiting AC. Believe me SJ, we went out of our way to avoid an uptight, 4-star type of get away. As long as the place is clean and comfortable, that's all we ask. My wife and I are very easy going and we look forward to the laid back pace of AC. Thanks again.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 138 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.