Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Had to share this link with other lovers of globe-trotting pets.

http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/dadams/da0502.html

Lucky Dogs!!

Gone fishing!!
S
S
If someone is advising you to give sedatives to animals who are traveling, I'd get a second opinion. Research shows that when an animal dies during travel, it is almost always the result of respiratory difficulties triggered by sedatives. Sedatives impair the breathing of animals and it is breathing difficulties that are the most likely complication of air travel. Never sedate an animal for travel purposes.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
T
T
Rick/Cheri/Anyone
I totally relate to your pet dilemma - Ours are our kids also, so their best interests are priorities. My husband and I are also hoping to relocate to Belize in the future. We have been monitoring this site for some time now and appreciate all the advice and experiences everyone has been posting. My question is - has anyone tried taking one of the cruise ships to Belize City and ending their journey in Belize? I have heard that some cruises you can do this but don't know anyone who has done so. Also, what about the possibility of booking transport on a container/shipping line. You would still need to clear customs and all, but could you not take all your belongings and pets with you on a transport ship? These are questions only, if someone has any insight to the possibilities. As you may have guessed, I don't really like the idea of driving through Mexico (I know I am probably being a chicken) not do I like the idea of flying my pets in. Look forward to hearing anyone's comments.

OP Offline
Good Question-2 candream....i would definitley think about that as a possibility!!! C

With the idea of taking the cruise and getting off in Belize and not getting back on, sure you could do that. You would probably have to advise the boat that you would not be returning and the only problem that I see is that I am not sure what kind of document you are given upon arrival when you arrive via a cruise ship. Pretty sure that you don't get a 2 week stamp. So that could cause you some problems. Drawback is that the cruise line usually has a limit on the amount of luggage that you can take and also the problem of your pet is not going to get to go with you.

Years ago my husband checked around to see if he could pick up a cabin on a freighter going to Belize. Big problem is that the activity was somewhat limited ten years ago. Only freighter he could find was operating out of Tampa and they have since stopped going.

Sometimes you hear of people trying to get in operation some freight lines running out of Miami to Cancun or Merida. Last one that tried this lasted about six months before they went under. It was a great concept and of course everyone going to Mexico, Belize or the other Central America countries loved this idea. Unfortunately though they could not come up with the numbers to make a profit.

We did the drive thru Mexico several years back and are planning another one next year.
We enjoyed it and didn't have any trouble.

OP Offline
More interested in Shipping line than a cruise ship......C Thanks kcbc

T
T
We'll let you know how the trip goes. Only a week now before we leave....scary stuff.

Mary and Rick

Mary and Rick
OP Offline
Ohhhhh, Mary/Rick....it's not scary stuff.....it's the last half of your human existance.....the last part of your life....anxious before scared???? You are blessed to be in this position.....C

C
C
I tried to find some info a while back on going to Belize by boat. I was not very successful, but here a couple of links.
http://www.mayalines.com/ http://freightercruises.com/

If anybody discovers more, please post it.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 119 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.