Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#512480 03/18/16 08:15 AM
B
OP Offline
B
We paid for our yearly renewal Jan. 4 and still have not received the current cards. Anyone else having this problem?

Last edited by Bluebird; 03/18/16 08:16 AM.
Yes

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
B
OP Offline
B
At least we're not alone.

J
J
Ours were due December 31st. We went in to pick them up a week later, and they were ready for us. Did you go back to the office to check?

B
OP Offline
B
We called and visited many, many times. We finally got them them Friday.

R
R
I have several friends in the QRP program who have had problems getting their cards in a timely fashion over the years. One year they even ran out of cards ?? for a few months. You can't make this up.

It is just the age old story of the inefficiency of government agencies all over the world. I've been informed that very little is even on computers. There are stories of rooms full of card board boxes full of files. They pull a file and a few papers drop out, well they certainly don't have a very good chance of ending back in the correct file.

I needed what should be a very simple job of getting a new PR stamp in my passport this year. An hour should be sufficient but OK a few days. All my paperwork was in order and I had everything required and more. The standard turnaround is now listed on my receipt as 8 weeks. I did get it in 6 but it took some help. Imagine being "older" in a country without advanced healthcare and they take away your passport for 8 weeks? When I mentioned this they said no worry if you need your passport you can come back and we will give it to you. That really made me feel better when hours could mean the difference between life and death. Well it is done so I shouldn't have to worry about that particular item for 10 years. smirk

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.