Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33
Hon #513262 04/22/16 08:09 AM
David G....We lived in California for 20+ years before moving to the island....Hope you enjoy it... If you get a chance stop in at the Black Orchid Restaurant and say hi..... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
C
C
Hi,
Dave from Colorado here. Been lurking on this message board for a few weeks, but after talking with Judyann last week, I decided to take the plunge and join the forum. Been to Ambergris Caye twice this year and really like the vibe of the area near the excellent Black Orchid Restaurant in South Ambergris Caye. We are considering buying beach front property down there to live in part time, but are intimidated because, we have never bought a vacation/rental property before, and never outside of the USA. My wife Kathy and I are both retired and really enjoy how easy it is to get to San Pedro from the Denver airport. Anything you can offer to put our minds at ease regarding making such an investment down there would be helpful to push us over the edge. Also feel free to provide any tips about the area as we are still newbies to it.

Vacation property - they key is good management, and a program in place that meets your needs and wants. Check into that very closely - not just the fees, but possible restrictions on your own use, as well as the level of service and responsiveness of the management company. Also check to see who owns the common area of the project, as this has significant implications long-term.

Belize - if you love it, do it. As with any purchase, don't buy more than you can afford and be sure to have good professional representation when selecting a property and when closing.

AND. Talk to others who have made the transition. It would be best not to mention your interest in investing. Playing dumb can garner a lot of education.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
Hello Dave, nice to hear from you on the board......I know how it is....I lurked for nearly 10 years before I had the nerve post.....You're a smart man and Kathy is a a great listener...... Read it all and use what you can..... And of course anytime send us a note......

Hey Judyann had dinner at your restraunt when we were there in Feb . Excellent food great job. We will be back again next year when we arrive.

Awwww, thank you Edwardo.....Please be sure and ask for me when you come in....I enjoy meeting Message Board members in person......In the meantime we wish you lots of great dining.....

Will do Judyann

Hon #514684 06/16/16 07:51 PM
B
B
Budah and company is back in 2 sleeps. cant wait to get back home.... maybe head south and visit Tulu?

Hon #515137 06/17/16 06:36 AM
Just in time for Lobsterfest......We look forward to seeing you.........

Page 30 of 33 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 303 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.