Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Our first monthly Farmers Market is this Saturday from 11am-2pm, and we have some GREAT vendors. With Debbie Piratehearts, Ian Anderson, Harriette Fisher, Home Baked Bread - and more, The Farm House Deli, Belize Chocolate, Ricky's Spice Shack - Belize and Ambergreens Ltd. Organic Aquaponics Greenhouse.

Q: Is there a set date for the Farmer's Market every month?
A: Not yet, but we will make a regular schedule

Pirate Girl Brownies at The Truck Stop Inaugural Farmers Market

J
J
It's so great to see some creativity on the island, wonderful idea.............Thank you !!!

J
J
Ditto! Very well attended and a fun place to meet new folks as well.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Farmers' Market at The Truck Stop in San Pedro is a RAGING SUCCESS

HOLY MOLY. A monthly farmers' market certainly seemed like a great idea�a few merchants selling veggies, fruits and homemade goodies. But I had no clue what a GREAT IDEA IT WAS. The event was yesterday, Saturday April 23 from 11am to 2pm and when I arrived at 10.45am, I can only call it an organics riot�

There were a number of vendors including Sue Blair with her Home Baked Breads and her GORGEOUS boules. I can guarantee you much happiness with a Walnut and Cranberry and a stick of Philly cream cheese or the Cheddar & Jalapeno, a toaster and some salted butter�

Sue sold all 35 breads within the first hour.

Debbie from Pirate Girl Treats and the GORGEOUS cakes, brownies and CARROT CAKE! I'm not sure you are going to find moister cakes. Good lord delicious.

Ian Anderson from Cayo (namely of the Farm House Deli - did I tell you about the RUEBEN I got there a few months ago?) but also of Ian Anderson Cave Branch arrived in San Pedro with 100s of pounds of cheeses, breads, organic veggies and fruits, fermented drinks, pickles, and most popularly, cured and smoked meats.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

L
L
lReminds me of the Saturday Organic Market in San Miguel de Allende. You could buy lunch there as well and we usually and some crafts and art. We always make a day of it. Glad this was such a success. The tourist will enjoy it as well!

R.B. Mernitz
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The next Farmers Market will be next Saturday, May 21st! If you're interested in participating, send us a message with a description of what you'd like to sell.

Ian Anderson's The Farm House Deli is pleased to announce that we will be at the Market with a much larger variety of meats and fruits and berries and .. and .. well just say with lots of GREAT STUFF .. We will not sell our of our Pastrami this week. We look forward to seeing all of our friends at the The Truck Stop Farmers Market on May 21. Advance orders can be made by emailing: Farmhouse Deli [email protected] for a full product list.

Click here for the Truck Stop facebook page

The Truck Stop's Farm-tastic Market

Farm fresh is definitely the way to go, and after a successful first-ever Farmers Market, The Truck Stop is doing it again. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 21st, as all your favourite local vendors are coming to San Pedro once again to bring you the best of the best in produce, spices, plants and more.

Co-owner of The Truck Stop, Ben Popik, has organized a monthly farmers market to allow customers the opportunity to purchase fresh vegetables, fruits and other homemade items that are not readily available on the island, at a reasonable price of course. From fresh artisanal breads from Home Baked Breads to spices galore from Ricky's Spice Shack, and even a variety of cheeses and cured meats from Belmopan's Farm House Deli, you are sure to find it all at The Truck Stop's Farmers Market.

The upcoming event promises to bring even more unique products to the island! Scheduled to take place on Saturday, May 21st from noon to 2PM, the farmers Market is happening at The Truck Stop, located one mile north of Sir Barry Bowen Bridge.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the My Beautiful Belize Blog

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

The Truck Stop's Second Monthly Farmers Market Stops Traffic on Ambergris Caye

Yesterday was the second installation of the new monthly WILDLY successful Farmers Market on Ambergris Caye. It definitely proves that people are looking for and DYING TO BUY fresh and different produce, meats, spices, jams and cheeses.

I had a quick stop in town before the market opened at noon. Driving south, the road was blocked. Hmmm�about 10.45am and a large refrigerated trailer was blocking our way. Clearly Ian Anderson and his Farm House Deli, after selling out within about an hour last month, had come prepared. AND they had 16 or 17 pre-orders in tow�

Ha! This is going to be quite the event. I returned about an hour later and the place was already packed. Golf carts lining the street� A generator powered cooler trailer.

The management of the Truck Stop made some super smart changes�the tables were set up differently so customers could not be "attacking" from both side and TARPS. Hurray!

This really is the only event in San Pedro that starts 30 minutes early.

Vendors on inside, customers on outside. Pre-orders from the Farm House Deli ready and bagged.

Ricky's Spice Shack was back as were many of the other "farmers".

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
This Saturday is the Farmers Market at Truck Stop!

I have live herbs potted and ready for the kitchen.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
L
L
What do you have?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.