Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Saturday, June 4 at 4 PM - 7 PM at Mahogany Bay Village

Former and current members of the Steve Miller Band, Rock n Roll Hall of Fame and Grammy inductees, �live and in concert! Proceeds support the South Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch providing security and well being to our neighborhood.

Tickets going for sale online at www.SACNW.org and at Seaside Realty across from Fido's. General admission is $125BZD and limited VIP Meet & Greet tickets are $400BZD.

Special thanks to sponsors:

- Mahogany Bay Village
- Pelican Reef / Athens Gate Resorts
- Lone Star Grill & Cantina
- Palapa Bar

Concessions and Drinks available at the concert.
introductions between 2:30 and 3:30 pm.
General Admission will be limited, so buy tickets early.
Come Enjoy the First Annual Rock Concert on Isla Bonita!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Dry Ambergris Caye Really Does Rock With Steve Miller's Band "Abracadabra"

...And right across the street, at Mahogany Bay Village, current and former members of the Steve Miller band were performing - a fundraiser for the South Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch. In all honesty, I wasn't planning to attend�I LOVE STEVE MILLER�ahhhh�the greatest hits were a huge part of my college years (1991 to 1995).

They were doing tons of Steve Miller's biggest hits�Jungle Love, Abracadabra, Fly Like An Eagle�and a sprinkling of others�Doobie Brothers and even Purple Rain by Prince - a close friend of one of the performers.

They sounded great.

Persons interested in registering for the race, volunteering or wanting to learn more about the Eco-Challenge are encouraged to contact Elito Arceo at 610-1690 or the Seaduced Office at the Vilma Linda Plaza.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Scoop

World Class Rock Concert on Ambergris
Along with "Are you going to the concert?" The buzz words were "Steve Miller" and "All American Band" were going around. I decided to go thanks to my friend Jack who set me up with an invitation to help promote the show. The event was held at Mahogany Bay Village Green which is 2 miles south of town. It is the first event of it's kind (and hopefully many) at this location. Charitable proceeds benefited the South Ambergris Neighborhood Watch. Peter Nolan did an amazing job of putting together the right crew to execute his vision, especially his pick of my friend Jack who is a world-class events manager. Abracadabra wasn't predisposed to playing only Steve Miller "mega hits" which of course the crowd loved. They also played some vintage Cream songs off the Disraeli Gears album. This allowed the veteran members of the band to showcase their individual skills reminiscent of Cream members; Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton. As for the younger Will, his tribute to Prince singing Purple Rain was a show stopper and really highlighted his talent.

Abracadabra rocks Ambergris Caye!

The island was rocked by the sweet sounds of Abracadabra band on Saturday, June 4th. Rock and Roll Hall of Famers Kenny Lee Lewis, Bobby Vandell, Will Peterson and Billy Peterson performed a most-spectacular live concert at Mahogany Bay Village in Southern Ambergris Caye. It was the first of- its- kind event that is already promising an annual repeat.

The band comprises of former and current members of the Steve Miller band who were on the island for the very first time and thrilled with the hospitality and beauty of La Isla Bonita. The concert was a fundraising event for the benefit and maintenance of the South Ambergris Caye Neighbourhood Watch (SACNW). Peter Nolan, head of the SACNW welcomed everyone to the concert and thanked the audience for its support. The over three-hour concert brought hits of the 70's, 80s, and 90's to life and the crowd did not hesitate to dance the evening away.

Bobby Vandell, drummer, was a close friend of the recently deceased Prince. To honor his memoy, Abracadabra performed 'Purple Rain' to an ecstatic crowd, many of whom were visibly moved. The band played great hits like Jungle Love, Fly like an Eagle and the popular song, Abracadabra.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Steve Miller Band covering Prince's Purple Rain Live in San Pedro Belize 2016

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 351 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.