Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#513894 05/22/16 07:07 PM
A
OP Offline
A
At 7:30 PM Sunday night, a crocodile, approximately 5 feet long, and thick, swam under our dock. We are located north of Costa Blu and south of I'tan Ha. We had a flashlight and when we shined it on the crocodile it opened it's mouth slightly and continued to swim north.
We will call ACES Monday and let them know. This is information for people to be aware and act accordingly.

I know it sounds obvious, but please everybody remember not to feed the croc ..... this includes cleaning fish and tossing the leavings off the dock.

AC Lover, I wouldn't do anything. The crock hasn't hurt anything and can be just left alone. The islands hysteria about crocks is hurting the population. If they continue to be trapped and relocated we soon will have none. They are an endangered species that is protected by law and shouldn't be molested by relocating if not a problem. They are one of our islands treasures. Charge tourist to see your crock under the dock and make some lemonaid.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Originally Posted by elbert
AC Lover, I wouldn't do anything. The crock hasn't hurt anything and can be just left alone. ...They are one of our islands treasures. Charge tourist to see your crock under the dock and make some lemonaid.

It's also in a Marine Reserve, so ACES would be powerless to trap an endangered species in a Marine Reserve....lets hope.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
P
PDS Offline
P
Captured! Only 2 hours later we called ACES, Chris Summers showed up our place which is 10 miles North. Next day he came to set up a trap and voila! In 3 hours he got him.
It's a 7 years old boy and 7'. According the tag this is the 2nd time ACES got him.
He released him the far lagoon side of the island where he can not harm anybody or anybody harms him.
THANKS ACES! - (American Crocodile Education Sanctuary)
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Keep any eye out ..... They tend to return.

R
R
Where I live, we have thugs, murderers, burglars, and rapists. They tend to be indigenous to the area, but when we can catch them, we dispatch them accordingly.

No one seems to be upset about these actions. Unfortunately, these reprobates are not endangered, and, alas, we cannot charge folks to view them (although, contrary to common sense, they must be fed).

Mosquitos are not coddled, either; nor can we charge for viewing them as well.

(Although referenced, but not aforementioned by biological or cozy name [i.e. Bubba?], I hope I didn't unduly insult crocodiles.)

Last edited by RobertJ; 06/18/16 11:37 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.