Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51460 03/10/02 07:18 PM
OP Offline
I'm back - I apologize for the length, we did so much tho and it was all great. Anyways here's the rest:
Fri 15: The clouds have broken! It's a beautiful sunny day. 2 more of the group leave today so Jambel's Jerk Pit for lunch. Had coconut curry chix and the jerk chix - we were all sniffling by lunch end. Mmm-mmm. Order a jerk extinguisher to beat the heat. On to parasailing - what grand fun! Thanx Tony (hey good buddy!) and Troy @ Fido's dock. It was cool to fly so high and you see every thing. Shrimp cocktails and meat pies from the kids for dinner, mmm-mmm again.
Sat 16: Another day sail to Caulker. Full boat today and lots of 1st time snorkelers. Real good day for sailing today. Stopped @ Coral Gardens on the way. It was hot on Caulker. Ate lunch @ the Rainbow and had the daily special,I think burritos and they were good(2 went to the Sand Box but
didn't give a report). Swam @ the end of the dock to cool off. Shark/Ray on the sail back. What fun to see the 1st timers faces. They had a blast. Everyone got to see rays up close and pet a shark. We also saw eagle rays, dolphins and a sea turtle on teh sail. A great trip! p.s try a mix of rum & horchata, yummy when it's hot. Went to Cholo's when we got back. Even got to play a little pool, fun! Dinner @ the Lion's Club ChixQ. Perfect.
Sun 17: Beautiful sunrise. Lazy day today. Bfast @ Lily's Rest - burritos and omelets, huge and very good. Picked up laundry and then cart for theb rest of the day. To BCs for board meet. Met Mike/Daphne, Rhon(da) and family, Jack-A-Roe (Bev&John) and edina also there. Hi to you all! Wish we could have visited longer, hope to meet again. Didn't eat @ the BBQ as we planned Sweet Basil's today. This is a MUST. Everything was great - 2 of us had salads and 2 had pasta. All awesome! Back to town as we were expecting company so had to miss the Palapa and Mike/Daphne's (drat again!).
Mon 18: Last full day on ac...errand in teh AM and then last sail on ElGato. N to Mata Chica for snorkeling. We had an eagle ray who stayed w/us all afternoon. We actually swam w/him (her?) -wow!! Lots of colorful coral and many reef fish. Conch cerviche and johnny cakes for lunch. Did a little reef fishing also. Perfect sailing wind back and it was all over way to fast. Dinner @ the square again @ Rosita's for chix,rice/beans/coleslaw.
Tues 19: Early flights out today - only 4 of our original 8 left. 2 head for home via Mex and we're off to the Cayo. Had a great time here on AC! Met lots of friends, old & new. Sure will miss the island but the adventure continues in the "Other Parts of Belize" board.

#51461 03/10/02 09:45 PM
R
R
Perfect Snowbird! Sounds like you had a terrific time. <I wondered where you had dissapeared to at BC's> [Linked Image] Thanks for the report ,I am too lazy to do one. Better soon before the details get fuzzy....

[This message has been edited by Rhon (edited 03-10-2002).]

#51462 03/11/02 03:55 PM
L
L
Sounds like a great time. You saw lots of things while snorkeling. Must have been lucky to be there at the right time.

Curious, what is a "jerk extinguisher"? Sounds like something I would want to try!

#51463 03/13/02 03:54 PM
Laurie, the Jerk Extinguisher is a great smooth and creamy rum punch type drink that in fact does extinguish the jerk! When we all met that Sunday night for dinner back in May, they ran out of them (I think Mickey got one of the last ones). I'm happy to say that I got to finally sample one this past December. Definitely a must try!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
#51464 03/13/02 06:06 PM
L
L
Hey Gela: where in the heck have you been? Thanks for the info. I will definitely extinguish the jerk! Can't believe it is already coming up on a year since I last went. 50 days and counting!

#51465 03/13/02 11:54 PM
M
M
Hi Snowbird!!!

It was great to meet you.

Your trip report and our talks with Mark have decided us that we will learn to dive before we go back next year.

Hope to see you again.

Mike and Daphne

#51466 03/15/02 02:44 PM
OP Offline
Hi back to you Mike/Daphne. I hope we can meet again too - I will be back! I LOVE the snorkeling, so much life under the sea. Plus the warmth of the water, nothing like that here in WI.
Rhonda - we did have an awesome time. Meant to ask, how did Liam like your trip? I've got a 7yo and just wondering for future, soon I hope [Linked Image], reference.
Imarquis - gela is absolutely right about the jerk extinguisher. Yum - do try!!
renée

#51467 03/15/02 11:11 PM
R
R
Hi Snowbird,

Yes thank you,Liam had a wonderful time and gave a full report to his kindergarten class when we came back. Your 7 year old will love it. Liam is pretty easy going and was happy just being there taking it all in. The things he liked best though were the beach, fishing with Abel and the golf carts!!!! This was his second trip, he was four the first time and each time was a fun experience. He actually woke up one morning crying a few days after we came back talking about how he missed Belize. Haaaaaa...I could relate easily [Linked Image]. Hope all is well with you Renee!

[This message has been edited by Rhon (edited 03-15-2002).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 309 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.