Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Hon. Manuel Heredia - Minister of Tourism
"I wouldn't say there is an overcrowding of people. There might be somewhat of a congestion of vehicles which is different"

What a contradiction of terms. I guess the Hon. Minister doesn't understand that those vehicles that are causing the congestion are driven by people. frown

We have been in the Country uninterrupted for 5 years now.....I have not noticed congestion or traffic problems that are often mentioned.....Not sure if it is because we live 2.5 miles South. However, hours will go by that we do not see so much as a bicycle; we are located on the main road. When we shop in town it is a matter of patience.....However again nothing compared to shopping/traffic/congestion or parking problems we lived with in Sacramento and surrounding areas.... IMHO..... More tourists will provide additional economic resources that we hope will be used to improve life on La Isla Bonita.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
S
S
It is because you live south of town that you don't see the traffic. I work right by the choke point where all traffic coming from the south into town and going south from town must pass. It never stops, day or night. Many times during the day traffic comes to a complete standstill. One of the biggest problems is people going to the deli beside Wings; they illegally park or just plain stop in traffic to go in and get their food. The next one is Scotiabank and then in front of Sunbreeze, all due to illegal parking/stopping.

When you have to have traffic wardens blowing whistles and directing traffic, you have a traffic problem.

"More tourists will provide additional economic resources that we hope will be used to improve life on La Isla Bonita....."

That attitude is what is wrong. Improving the life style and providing the necessary infrastructure for the number of people already here is what is needed before compounding the problems by attracting more people. Ass backwards.

Last edited by bywarren; 06/16/16 09:23 AM.
R
R
How much of a problem is the fact that everything from the North to the South has to pass over that funky bridge?

A little after the fact, but, in the real world, someone would have anticipated the influx of traffic that has increased, and will continue to.

Welcome to Banana Republic World.

So true. Here is an analogy some might understand. If you have a restaurant that seats 12 people, you don't take reservations for a hundred and then when they show up you try and go buy tables to seat them. If you anticipate a demand and advertise and promote, as the tourism business in Belize is doing, you make the investment to handle that first. Building condos, resorts and creating subdivisions without the infrastructure to accommodate the people that it brings is Ass Backwards. And could be described as "short term greed".

Agreed.....One will require the other....Unfortunately many communities are developed this way, including those in Metropolitan Cities in California..... "we will build it after they arrive" ..... I was simply stating that I will take the Congestion at Wings any day over the mess on the 405/I5/880 routes throughout California..... Hopefully the infrastructure here will happen one way or the other.....

I think the Las Vegas approach "build it and they will come" is more successful.

Awwww RobertJ....We are happy to have the bridge....(To me nicer than the San Mateo).....When we had the little pull ferry to get across, many of us would simply avoid coming to either side of the island..... In fact I believe the bridge has (wait for it wink ) Bridged the Gap between the North & South..... Tee hee....

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 266 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.