Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51498 03/12/02 12:11 PM
W
OP Offline
W
We will be staying at Banyan Bay April 28th -May 5th. Curious if there are specific units we might want to request or are most of the units interchangeable, views etc... Where can we rent bikes near-by, and what about the cost of a weeks rental.

Thanks,

Cathy and Wyatt
New Orleans

#51499 03/12/02 08:25 PM
F
F
We ate at Rico's at Banyan Bay a couple of times since we were staying at Banana Beach which is very close....Banyan Bay is very nice... upscale for AC...we probably would have stayed there but they only have 2 bedroom units...the units directly on the beach would be the best as far as the view, but they all have huge verandas although some face the pool which is in the center of their resort. If you eat at Rico's, try the Tortilla soup and the fish chowder...really good! Part of their dining room is this gazebo that sits out on the water....we were feeding the little fish by the rocks some of our eggs one morning and these 3 big eels came out!!! Be sure to look for them...2 were spotted and one was a green Moray eel..tell them I said hi!! Lori

#51500 03/12/02 08:35 PM
K
K
My husband and I will be staying at Banyan Bay April 27 - May 4. Maybe we can hook up. We will be the ones in the bar having issues (drinks). Speaking of issues - what kind of beer is Belikan? Is it a dark beer?

Kelly of California

#51501 03/13/02 01:38 PM
W
OP Offline
W
I have a "beach front" unit reserved 4/28 - 5/5. I would assume that is a unit facing the water and not the courtyard. Definitely hoping to do some quality hanging out dealing with our issues (having drinks).

Any word on bike rentals? cost/week? where one can rent?

Hoping to do some reef fishing while there. If anyone is interested and will be down during our stay we would be interested in hooking up.

Wyatt and Cathy
New Orleans

42 days.

#51502 03/14/02 03:45 PM
F
F
You will love the beach front units...i have one of their brochures and the rooms are huge and really nice. We rented a golfcart for the week, but I think our hotel had bikes for around $10.00 a day or $60.00 a week....a lot of the hotels let you use theirs free...we had so much rain the week we were there that we never did try the bikes, but they would be great to take into town or ride north of the cut. We stayed a quarter mile south of Banyan Bay and walked into town on the beach many times...it's not very far!There is a local jewelry designer, a french woman named Veronique that sells her jewelry at Banyan Bay once a week or so...check her out...I loaded up on island jewelery. We'll be in New Orleans in October...staying at Lafitte's Guest house since we spent so much time at the bar across the street last visit ...have a great time!! Lori

#51503 03/17/02 08:18 PM
D
D
Beliken has three kinds of beer. The premium,more expensive an not very good IMHO The regular,very good. And last but not least the stout, similar to Guiness but not as strong, my favorite! Go to the Distributer acroos the street from the supermarket just south of Ramon's Village. You can buy your beer a lot cheaper this way!!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.