Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51605 03/15/02 02:03 PM
OP Offline
After all the research I decided on VC for my honeymoon. As I called to request the Rainforest suite they told me they were closed that week. Back to Banyan Bay, The Palms or Mata Chica. Please help me decide once more. I want to be on the south side bike distance from San Pedro.
does Banyan Bay have beachfront suites? Thanks again,
Abelizer

#51606 03/15/02 02:12 PM
W
W
We will be staying at one of the beach front suites at Banyan Bay next month for a week. We also looked at Mata Chica and Victoria House. All the Banyan Bay units have full kitchens, Jacuzzi's, and are within an easy bike ride to town (or so we're told). They also gave us the best deal of the 3. We will be filing a full trip report upon our return.

#51607 03/15/02 05:20 PM
If you want to be on the south end, you don't want Mata Chica, as it's five or so miles north of town. The Palms is basically in town, just at the south edge of town. If you don't need a two-bedroom unit, which is all Banyan Bay has, you might also look at Banana Beach -- the one-bedroom seafront units are terrific, not to mention being a very good value, and construction of the new units should be completed fairly soon.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#51608 03/15/02 07:08 PM
F
F
Even though you might not need the 2nd bedroom (unless things go horribly wrong on the honeymoon)I would stay at Banyan Bay....I stayed at Banana Beach and it was very nice, but Banyan Bay's units seemed larger and with nicer amenities...their pool is beachfront and they have a great restaurant that we used a lot. I have one of their brochures and the units are beautiful..it's also within walking distance to town which we did every day.

#51609 03/15/02 08:10 PM
I don't know if you've told us when your honeymoon is but I'm now left wondering if it is in the fall. Lots of places are closed down in Sept. If that is when you are going, maybe SP isn't the place for you at all.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#51610 03/15/02 09:03 PM
Abelizer I'm sure you will just love the Ambergris Caye!!!
I read a few of your other posts a few minutes ago and I might suggest you to give Ramones another chance. In the (geeze... 2...HA years? YIKES...) I've been following the board, I've never heard about bugs being a problem there. (not little ones that is) smile
Now if your a talking about sand fleas, skeeters, ect.... that's another story. (simply fixed by using deet or somthing similar)
I know if it were my "HM," VH would be my first choice, no doubt! Ramones second to Mata Chica (if Mata Chica had a pool... I like pools)
So do some more reading by searching, but I just know your gonna love it there!
Have a great trip & HM!!!
Sincerely,
Hope

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.