Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
K
Kaya Offline OP
OP Offline
K
This weekend after the unforunate fire in the town, a small group of Belizeans made their way through, bulgarizing different locations in the northern part of the cut...

can anyone email me and get on this more detailed? I live up north and i'm afraid of getting burglarized.

[email protected]

Thank you.

S
S
"a small group of Belizeans"

How about, a small group of :

1) people
2) thieves
3) robbers
4) raggamuffins

I actually doubt that the people who did this where from San Pedro, and probably even not from Belize.. (Just thought it was unfair to target a specific group until they catch somebody. Having said that, I hope that your house is fine and that they catch the thieves).

[This message has been edited by Smok (edited 04-23-2002).]

Were the bad guys apprehended? If not, then how is it known how many there were or where they were from?

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

An email from The North Ambergris Caye Neighborhood Watch Org.
Hmmm!!--Marty, Move to gen chat?

At 2 am Tuesday, April 23rd Mike Sherman of Tres Cocos was
awakened by a man standing on the golf cart parked outside
Sherman's bedroom window. The man said he was the devil and that
he should be obeyed. Mike, coming out of a sound sleep, indicated
that who ever was outside had better make himself scare. The man
ran off. Mike Sherman called the police this morning and reported
the incident which had alarmed his parents.

At about 3:30 am the guests at the Green's house south of Palapa
were awakened by a man in their bedroom. He was going through a
purse and said he had a gun before he ran off. Rebecca McDonald
reported this incident to the police.

Danilo, from Karen and Rich Henkis's house, reported seeing two
dark men in white t shirts about 4 am, who were cursing his dog.
He yelled at them and they went away.

Also about 3am a man reported to Mike Hancock that he had been in
a two boat crash in the Punta Arena area and that 3 people were
dead or missing. Mike Hancock, Sam Palen, Mr. Leslie and Mr.
Badillo took their boats out and scoured the area inside and
outside the reef. They did not find any sign of wreckage. Mike
Hancock reported the incident to the police.

Jim
How bizarre and in one case particularly brazen. Was there a full moon out that night?

As far as cursing a dog, no offense to the dog lovers here, but I've had occassion to curse a San Pedro dog at 4 in the morning too. Only kept me awake every night for 3 weeks.

Anyway, I guess a good hint for those with criminal intentions, would be don't sneak about at night wearing white and cursing dogs. Someone is bound to think you are a prowler.

D
D
I am getting very worry! We are arriving AC this Saturday and we want to know if we should we be on alert of robbery and crime in AC, should we be concerned about our safety with all these going on? Just been through all that in Brazil last November (armed robbery, my boyfriend was almost killed in front of my eyes by a man armed with a knife) I hope this trip to AC is not going to be that kind of vacation.

please advise.

Caribe
Denisse:

I have been to AC two times and will be there in exactly one week for my third time. There is nothing to be afraid of. I have lived in Jamaica (far more dangerous than San Pedro could ever be) and even the Cayman Islands. If you believe that things will be ok, they will be. Unfortunate incidents happen everywhere, maybe even in your home town. If you go there expecting the best, I truly believe the best things will happen to you. Please don't be alarmed by these stories, I have never felt safer than I did in Belize. Please have a great trip and if you want to discuss this further, please email me at [email protected]. Go and have a great time. If you are there when I'm there we can meet up for a drink.

P.S. A group of great people like me are going cave tubing on Monday May 6th. If you are interested, please email me.

[This message has been edited by Becky_bound_for_Belize (edited 04-24-2002).]

Denise, I really don't think you need to worry. Use common sense just as you would at home and you will be fine.

I've been there 4 times in the past two years and I walk everywhere, often alone, at all hours of the day and night. I've never had the least concern or trouble.

Keep your valuables locked in a safe or in the hotel safe and then you needn't be concerned about that either. This is a standard precaution taken by most travelers no matter where they go.

[This message has been edited by seashell (edited 04-24-2002).]

A
A
Denisse,
I'm arriving at AC this Saturday as well and was concerned about security because its central america and shit happens. So I purchased a travel alarm for 9 bucks that slips into a hotel room door and would make a very loud noise if someone tried to enter during the night.

Hope the weather will be good next week!! Keep you fingers crossed.

D
D
Thanks Becky_bound_for_Belize I know unfortunate things can happen everywhere, although I leave in USA, I am from Santo Domingo, D.R. and I wouldn't say it is the safest place in the Caribbean either, if I was getting worry is just because we are just getting over the bad experience we had in Brazil which could have been really a lot worse.
Thank you for your reply, I feel better now. I guess I am still a little traumatized by Brazil and after reading the stories in this page I went into panic.

Thanks Seashell...you are everywhere, and you know all the answers as well. Do you happen to work for Belize Department of Turism by any chance, jajaja?

Thank you both!

Caribe
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.