Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
oh yuck.

L
L
Do you have a local tattoo artist to recommend?

R
R
Originally Posted by elbert
I like the North Pass idea we who live North of the bridge could have it tattooed on our butts and show it to the Mayor Danny Memorial Bridge Troll as we pass.

Ha, that reminds me of days of old when I was in the military where I saw a few humorous tattoos in odd places. Several of the guys had tattoos on their butts. It was a government looking stamp which read, "USDA Gov. Inspected Meat." smile

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
P
P
Soon forgot the gratitude of getting a road when a ton of other areas that would have serviced a lot more people didn't get one......

R
R
Phil, I don't know the exact number but there must be in excess of 1,000 condo units north of the bridge and many private homes which bring much money, jobs and taxes to San Pedro. Many workers are much more prosperous now than they were even 5 or 6 years ago.

Until the road was put in what did the north get in return? I'll tell you. No water or sewer; no trash pick up; little police protection; no street lights and what road repairs (if you want to call what we had a road) where usually paid for by the residents. In addition security on that road at night was a much bigger problem than most people realize because not many people talked about it. That was with locals and occasionally tourist. The old road was in one word....TERRIBLE. The "new" road of course has caused other problems but they are small in comparison.

I have no complaints the way the bridge is set up now but I know that the tourist do not like it. The road came about because the government saw the need for it for the good of the whole country. Yes, it took a while for them to realize this but the important part is they did. The complaints I've heard here are minor and I look at it more as a detriment for tourist than those of us that live or have lived in the north. Providing jobs and giving the government more money to hopefully make improvements benefited many that live in other parts of town. And that is a fact.

If the water and sewer plant is ever built, the resorts and residents who are initially served will pay for it over the long term and other poorer areas will eventually benefit and get tired in. The benefits will be to the environment, health and the economy of the whole Island. It could never happen at all if not done this way because only the residents of the north have the money to accomplish this in the north. The need is to attract what makes improvements to everyone.

Be a little patient with the minor gripes and try to look at the big picture. wink

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Originally Posted by larrypied
Do you have a local tattoo artist to recommend?

If I'm going to have to expose my derri�re to a tattoo Artist It will have to be Madison Stone.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...YYzxS4jAAwZI76E4pEgKiKtnFPRR&theater

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
On a serious note about the bridge, It has paid for itself and should now be free and not an income machine for the Town Board. If they need money they could get it from fixing the property tax department. Property tax is a fair tax and a bridge tax hurts the poor people who are struggling.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Jim I love you but disagree with why the road was built on the north end instead of in more needed areas: $$$ from and to the right people.
The resorts are saving a bundle by not having to provide boat transportation and they did not reduce their rates.

and new golf cart companies opened up and all are taking in $$$.

What's done is done and now some other areas are getting attention. But as long as there is no reporting on income And expenses by project no one can say for certain whether the money is needed for the bridge or used elsewhere.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
L
L
Well let's see. At $5 a pop one way that's $10 round-trip. The bridge is about 150 feet long. That is 0.06666 cents per foot traveled. If 200 vehicles travel the bridge in one day that is 1999.9 $ per day. In one year it is $7,300,000 dollars Belizean. Deduct the cost of a bridge attendant, well you get my drift. In two years time you could build a two-lane bridge with walk/bike path. The bridge should last a minimum of twenty years. There would still be plenty of money to go out to other projects and yes there should be accountability. P.S. I didn't take into account the extra charges for big trucks or taxi's!

J
J
Larry, I think your calculation is incorrect. At BZ$ 10 for a return trip would generate BZ$ 730,000 per yer and not BZ$ 7,300,000.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 120 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.