Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#51746 04/22/02 04:05 PM
T
Tami Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Okay, I am back home in sunny Southern California and ready to tell ya'all about my time in AC. To say the week was absolutely fabulous would be a great understatement. The weather was great every day, our resort was great, the food everywhere was great, the people were great, etc. I could go on and on...so I will. ha!

The plane ride there was a long, but fun, one. We almost got stuck in Dallas due to thunderstorms they were having. I was a bit worried we wouldn't make it to AC before dark. Fortunately, we only had to wait on the runway for about 45 minutes.

We got to Belize City and then took Tropic Air to AC. We stepped off the plane and the sun was shining as bright as could be. Someone from the Victoria House was there to pick us up and take us to the resort. We checked in at Victoria House and went to our room. We were in the Rainforest Suite (50 feet from the water). It was so amazing! We quickly headed to the VH bar so I could get one of those Panty Rippers everyone was talking about. That drink is great! I drank them all week! After getting another panty ripper for the walk, we headed down the beach to Ramon's Village to see Jim Morris. They had food and drinks out on the beach and Jim was standing up front, barefoot, singing away. It was a great way to start off our first night in Belize. After that, we headed into town to see Barefoot Skinny at Fido's.

Went to BC's and the Palapa on Sunday, the 14th. There were tons of fun people at both places. At BC's, we had some great bbq and drinks...sorry, wasn't brave enough to try the "blue thing". OldMom was there, Otzie was there, Seaislegal was there, as well as some "board lurkers" who said they haven't yet posted, but read and laugh at us. ha! (you know who you are!!) Everyone was having a ball. I met Gay and David later on (we actually passed by them in golf carts and I heard someone yell, "hey, is that Malibu Barbie". The gang I was with were cracking up. Unfortunately, I never got to meet Bankerwoman or Chanin. [Linked Image] After asking a bunch of the other boarders, they hadn't met them either. I am sure hoping their trip didn't get canceled.

On Monday, we went Cave Tubing and to the Belize Zoo with SEAduced. What an awesome experience. Elito was the best guide we could have asked for. What a fun guy! That day was long but well worth it. We got to see and experience so much.

On Tuesday night, we wanted to venture down to Capricorn. So, we chartered a sailboat to take us down there. It picked us up at our deck at around 4:45. We sailed all the way to Capricorn...just me and my hubby (oh and the guy sailing the boat). It took a little over an hour to sail up the coast. The sky was beautiful. We watched the sun setting all the way. The sailboat is called Rum Punch II, so of course they had some yummy rum punch for us to sip along the way. It was a great sail, very romantic. If you get the opportunity, I would highly suggest taking it.

On Tuesday night I got to meet Rick and Cheri (at Shark's Bar..watching Barefoot Skinny again). It was a fun night.

Wednesday night was first spent at The Pier Lounge for the famous Chicken Drop. We met DC6pk for the first time there. Seaisle (aka Andrea) actually won $100 at the Chicken Drop and had to clean up the messy square to collect. Way to go Andrea!

Thursday, we went on another fun excursion with Elito and SEAduced. We went to see the Manatees and then off to Goffs Caye. It was a little island out in the middle of nowhere...really what you would expect a tropical paradise to be. The snorkeling was awesome. Elito even bbq'd fresh fish with potatoes and coconut rice and cut up fresh fruit. It was great! After that, we went to another Shark Ray Alley and then off to check out Caye Calker. It was a great, day long excursion. I was so glad we did it.

All in all, it was a great vacation. The weather couldn't have been better and the accommodations at the Victoria House was beyond wonderful.

So, to sum it up...I would suggest the following:

Restaurants: Victoria House for dinner, Capricorn for dinner, Jambel's for lunch, Rico's at Banyan Bay for lunch (wonderful shrimp burritos...yum!), Caliente, and Elvis.

Resort: Victoria House wins all the way!!

Excursions: SEAduced is awesome! Elito was a great guide.

Tip: I would suggest getting a golf cart to get around while you are there. It was so convenient.

All and all, we can't complain too much on anything. I was thrilled to be there and am definitely planning a return trip. It was so nice to meet the boarders...everyone was so fun and friendly.

Thanks for reading,
Tami (aka "Malibu Barbie"...hee-hee!)

#51747 04/22/02 09:12 PM
yippee. glad you had fun. and still glad i didn't have to stand next to you!!!

#51748 04/23/02 08:38 AM
L
L
Hi, I'm one of the "board lurker's". So glad you had such a great time and loved our little corner of the world. It was nice meeting all of you, come back to see us soon.

R.B. Mernitz
#51749 04/29/02 11:53 AM
B
B
Tami: Sorry we didn't get to meet you. Yes, we were there but arrived in AC late on the 14th and by the 21st hubby had a bit of "la turista" and we didn't venture too far from the room. We did walk past BC's early afternoon on the 21st (did you see two old fogies in FBI and NYPD T-shirts???) but the thought of food, drink or a crowd didn't appeal to my better half in his condition. (Advice to all --- turista happens. Take the Immodium and make sure you get the Noroxin from your doc before the trip. The Immodium doesn't always work and you don't want your trip ruined...) Glad you had a good time. Same for us. Lack of TV, radio and newspapers was especially relaxing. Found some great things about AC, found some not so good (just like you'd find everywhere else in the world). All in all a nice vacation.

#51750 04/29/02 01:50 PM
hmmm. i think i remember L & T to be accomplices of choochoo...

bw - sorry of the belly probs. my honey gets them everywhere he goes. for what it is worth, AC may have been a day's discomfort, but cozumel nearly killed him.

be thankful for little blessings. [Linked Image]

#51751 04/29/02 10:44 PM
T
Tami Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Here are some pics from our trip... http://www.ofoto.com/ShareLanding.jsp?UV=70765141497_82688920403&US=0&Upost_signin=BrowsePhotos.jsp%3FshowSlide%3Dtrue&Un=528034945&Um=89668920403

#51752 04/29/02 11:43 PM
L
L
Great pics of Victoria House. The pics of Palapa bring back some memories! I will be at the Palapa this Sunday, after BC's, of course! Yahoo.

#51753 04/29/02 11:45 PM
really nice. some of the best i've seen [Linked Image]

#51754 04/30/02 08:01 AM
T
T
Tami-

Love the pics...great at Victoria House--we are thinking of booking there anyday now for June. Any advice? Wish we could afford the $$ for the Rainforest Suite...prob. will stay in main building...did you see that much?

teacher [Linked Image]

#51755 04/30/02 09:12 AM
teacher...a humble suggestion.

we are staying south of vh at caribe island resort. it is now owned by one of our very own boarders. they are going to great lengths to make it a super resort. they have suites with tv's & kitchens, air cond, nice beach, pool, volleyball nets, bar, restaurant, gift shop...

maybe check it out?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 356 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.