Island Adventures and the Belize Adventure Group is presently recruiting for a Logistics & Program Manager position. The individual will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of our adventure programs in the field meet or exceed stated objectives and will report to the General Manager and the Hospitality Manager. Specifically the position will:
• oversee the inventory, movement and maintenance of all specialized and adventure related equipment to ensure that the gear is where it needs to be and in excellent working condition for use in the field
• oversee the scheduling of motor boats that are used to supply remote camps on the Belizean reef and atolls
• oversee the maintenance and good working condition of a fleet of 3-5 skiffs powered by Yamaha outboard engines
• accurately report on the general condition and facilities of the basecamp including the hospitality aspects of the operations
• Liaise with various site managers and guide teams to provide operational support with the overreaching objective of achieving outstanding customer experience
The position will be based from Dangriga, Belize and will involve regular travel by sea to the various operations locations and staging points. Applicants should have a broad background in the tourism industry, have strong organizational and logistics skills, be familiar with paddle sports, (kayaking, SUP), have a competency with skiffs and outboard motors and preferably possess general handyman skills with some experience in fiberglass repair. Applicant must be capable with reading, writing and computer skills to enable detailed reporting to senior managers and directors.
Please forward your resume and references along with a cover letter, telling us a little about you, your life journey so far, your status in Belize and something on your short and long term goals. Forward to email@example.com.