Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51853 04/23/02 03:26 PM
A
Aqua Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I'm trying to decide on where to stay Ramones or Victoria House?

Can anyone give me the scoop on the differences between both hotels?

Thanks!

S
S
I would pick Victoria House,hands down.
We stayed there last summer and loved it.
We are going back in July for a repeat visit.It really depends on what you are looking for. It has recently been redone and a beautiful pool has been added.Everything is light and bright and fairly spread out. It is further south of town, but that didn't bother us.I will say that most of the guests while we were there were age 30 and up. It is a great place to stay if you are wanting to relax. The bar is fun in the evenings, but no live music. I think Ramones may have more of that.We did not see any children staying at VH.I don't know if that makes any difference to you. We like the casitas which are about 100 feet from the beach.The staff is excellent and very accommodating.
Ramones seemed a little run down and dark to me. We did, however, get our dive certification from Gilberto Nunez at Ramones. We spent 3 days in their "classroom" We thought he was very patient and very thorough and would dive with him again. We also dove and fished with the Bradley brothers out of VH and they were excellent too.
The VH website's pics are very accurate.
Good Luck on your decision!

A
Aqua Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Silly!! VH sounds like just what I'm looking for. I wish I could zap myself from work into the bar at VH right now. Guess I'll have to wait till Saturday.

S
S
What are you looking for?

Victoria's is fantastic. It's also quite a way from town.

There are so many nice places in between. Villas at Banyon Bay is a very nice place in between. Walk able from town and still a large place if that's what you are looking for.

I've not stayed at any but I would not stay at Ramone's: too many people milling about for me. I like the smaller places. It's one of few destinations that offer so many small high quality palaces to stay. You do not need a restaurant on site. There are so many places to eat.

In the end, you won't go wrong with VH.

O
O
Go Victoria's.....just got back from Ramon's and hope to find it as unspoiled next year; wonderful people and special....Keep the reservations available for those of us who appreciate the ambianace...

S
S
VH is south of town,maybe 2 miles??
You would probably not walk.G.Carts can be rented. They will also get a cab for you. Last summer,VH had a shuttle that went into town every evening. We did not ever find the transportation an issue.

P
P
Oldmom...i need ur wisdom, from ur previous message im not sure if u like Ramon's better or VH. Pls advise [Linked Image]

T
T
Victoria House all the way!! We just got back from staying there 4/13-4/20. The grounds are beautiful and the staff is the best. The beaches are great too...and the pool, oh the pool is awesome! It is just far enough from town to be secluded, but close enough to be able to venture into town as often as you like. We got a golf cart for the week (from the VH) and it was so convenient.

Have fun....it was an amazing place! We are already planning to go back next April!

Cheers,
Tami [Linked Image]

O
O
Don't mean to mis-lead you....Haven't been to VH but those of whom I met at Ramon's who had, loved Ramon'sI just felt nothing could be better!!Close enough for everything...didn't rent a cart or bike .

S
S
Ramons is perfect for people who want to be in town and hassle with golfcarts or taxis. It has a beautiful pool, great dive shop, nice beach, restaurant and bar right there.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.