Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51891 04/24/02 06:59 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Could anyone please advise on the appropriate amount to tip after diving? Would you tip the divemaster, the captain, and the crew? Individually or collectively? At the end of each dive, or at the conclusion of our week of diving? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

#51892 04/25/02 07:21 AM
B
B
We usually dive witht he same outfit the whole time we are down there and tip at the end of the week. We did eight days of diving for the two of us and tipped $100.00 to the divemaster and figured they must have some system of dividing tips with the boat driver. I would also be interested to know what other people tip for diving. Maybe we are not giving enough? I also guess it depends how happy you are with the divemaster. We were very happy with ours.

#51893 04/25/02 08:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
We always tip the divemaster (who should split it up). The average is about 25%. But, we have tipped more for some GREAT service and attention, and we have tipped others, as appropriate. (On one of our dives, a young man--only 16--went out of way to help us out, and we gave him something just for him).
Have fun!!! Wish I could get in the water right now.... but instead I sit here just reading of others adventures!!

#51894 04/25/02 12:01 PM
Wow, Ibanole, you are a great tipper. I tip 10-15% a dive and more if the service is better for some reason, ie: I required assistance for some reason, the boat team made the day more enjoyable through extra good humor, the DM made a effort to point out things under the water that we may have missed, etc. I tip more for the Atoll trips, not just because they cost more but because the crews work harder those days.

I generally dive every day, somedays in excess of 2 dives. I often don't dive with the same team of DM and Capt. though I am with the same outfit. So I keep track in my log book of who I dove with on which day and what I plan to tip them. At the end of my stay, I make out envelopes for each team, write their names and the amount on the outside of the envelope, seal them and give them directly to the teams if I see them or into the shop for distribution. I trust the shop I use to distribute the envelopes.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.