Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
nina09 Offline OP
OP Offline
N
Hi everyone,

My fianc� and I want to get married in Belize next July, preferably in the Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker area. We have searched for wedding venues but they all seem to be at hotels. Can anyone recommend any wedding venues that are not hotels?

All suggestions welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

Depending on the number of attendees, you may want to check into a party-boat. There is one that operates out of San Pedro that holds bout 50 people on broad open deck. It has has a bar and bathrooms. This boat sometimes hosts catered dinners as well, so you should be able to organize something?
Unfortunately I cannot remember the name of the company. Google party boat, Ambergris Caye and you should come up with it.

Wow, the boat idea is great.....Check out www.islanddreamtours.com for contact information... This is a platform style catamaran with a full bar...Not sure if they can hold 50.....You are also welcome to send me a note....We do several weddings a year at the Black Orchid Restaurant....Sunday or Mondays are available and we can assist with decorations, Justice of the Peace, music/dancing and other requests....We've had the privilege of hosting several high profile weddings, wish I could share details but those darn non-disclosures are in place.....If you would like more information on the Black Orchid, feel free to send me an email at [email protected] we can chat.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
As San Pedro is a resort and diving island, most of the best beach venues are resorts, especially if you have guests to cater for. As Judyann mentioned, it's also possible to have a wedding at a restaurant and of course boats have been mentioned, if that's your preference. Taking a boat out to a sandbar is getting popular, or, if it's just the two of you, a planner can arrange something lovely on a quiet beach somewhere. I believe there was quite a fun wedding at the Truck Stop, which is on the west side and it has a great dock with sunset views. I'd suggest you contact Melody at Dulce Belize Weddings. She's creative and fun and she will be able to give you the local assistance you need to get it done. You can find her on Facebook.

www.conchcreative.com
Belize Wedding Photography

R
R
Nina (that name has a very special meaning to me) The above are great ideas. I do not know your reason for not wanting a resort venue because I've witnessed several very nice weddings at resorts. Typically at the resort I'm familiar with the wedding itself is preformed on the beach. The resort security are posted at each end and ask people passing to detour for the time of the ceremony. Of course weather could be a problem but it always seems to work out and at least this resort has options if the weather doesn't cooperate. They have or had tents that they set up if the weather is threatening. I never forget one I watched where it was raining and magically 10 minutes before the ceremony the weather cleared; the sun came out and the resort people ran down wiped off the chairs and such. All went off well to all the cheers of us spectators.

The reception and or wedding can be had at the nearby conference center or the restaurant which is on two floors so I think they close off one floor for the wedding reception. Either the restaurant or the conference center easily holds 100 people but that would be an unusually large destination wedding. I know that the resort I'm thinking of (Grand Caribe) has people who are experienced at doing this and having it meet most people's expectations. I believe they let outside wedding planners and caters do this also. Another good thing about using a resort would be the wedding party and guests would be staying in close proximity to the wedding event. They give room discounts also for these type events.

My daughter was thinking of having a destination wedding at this resort but changed her mind for unrelated reasons and had it back in the States. Good luck and I wish you well.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize
Hi Nina, I highly recommend you contact Rachael Roe at Signature Belize Weddings. She can work with you for the perfect wedding location that is simple, elegant or laid back, at tons of places besides a resort!

Words have power. Speak it into existence.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.