Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

In view of the recent robberies on our highways and criminals impersonating police officers and setting up check points on our highways, the general public is advised that every Check Point manned by the Belize Police Department will display clearly a Police Check Point sign.

At least one police officer at the check points will be dressed in the number one uniform (Khaki shirt and blue trousers) and a marked police vehicle will also be present at the check point. If any member of the public should come across a Police Check Point that does not meet these requirements, they are advised not to stop and proceed to the nearest police station to report the matter.

Wow, that's a tough one, if the locals are falling for this, I can only imagine what the tourist outcome would be. I mean, what tourist would simply not stop for fear of being arrested and thrown in a foreign jail. Every one of them will stop not know what is real or fake. Yikes

Reality is only an illusion that occurs due to a lack of alcohol
T
T
The last person who failed to stop at a police checkpoint in Bullet Tree (which never has marked police vehicles present and often has officers dressed in camouflage rather than khaki) was shot by the police. So I guess my choice is: get robbed or get shot.

That had to be planned, and probably from the inside.....the Travellers truck was targeted because they knew they would have lots of cash. they didn't target tourists, private cars.....need to question the employees very thoroughly. Just my thoughts. wink

Words have power. Speak it into existence.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 227 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.