BELIZE RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE!
Hey guys, the last time I announced this event people had a lot of great questions which I couldn't answer but I can now.
CC will be having a blood donation drive on Saturday 4 March from 9AM - 3PM. Donating blood is crucial and life saving for people who are sick or have injuries. Any of us could need blood at any time. If you donate blood you or a loved one are eligible to get blood in the future. Please, please come out and support the health of the community and yourselves!
You can donate blood unless one or more of the following applies to you:
- If you had surgery in the last 6 months
- If you are under 18 years old or over 65
- If you have taken any medications (even aspirin) or drank alcohol in the 24 hours before donating (sorry Jam goers!)
- If you have donated blood within 90 days before 4 March
- If you are sick with any kind of cold or flu
- If you are breast feeding, pregnant or have given birth in the last year
- If you are a woman who is menstruating
- If you have gotten a tattoo in the past year
- If you have or have ever had dengue, malaria, yellow fever or HIV. It's important to be RESTED, have EATEN a healthy meal and to be hydrated - DRINK non-alcoholic and non-caffeinated beverages - before coming in to donate (think RED!)
Please put this on your calendar and PM with any questions. No appointments needed! Tell your friends and guests!
To those awesome people who contacted me about volunteering I will be in touch soon. Thank you!