Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Miss Belize represents at Miss Universe

by Tony Rath....

Arrived Manila 4am. By 10am had my press pass but no way to photograph our Miss Belize. Closest I could get was about 100m thru hundreds of police, military and private security. The MOU pwople were kind enough to extend an invitation to the National Gift Auction gala, and Bex absolutely shined during the fashion show. You know there are 86 beautiful women in the Miss Universe Competition, what the judges are looking for is anyones guess. Bex is making Belize stand out at the least, and if the judges are looking for an authentic, friendly, confident woman, the we have a good chance. Remeber to vote for Miss Belize!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Miss Belize Placed 9th On Glam Shot

For several days we've been showing you highlights of Rebecca Rath's journey to the Miss Universe crown in Manila, Philippines. Since her arrival in Manila, Rath along with eighty nine other contestants have been participating in a number of activities leading up to the pageant scheduled for this Sunday.

Rath who has undoubtedly won over the hearts of all Belizeans, has been putting our tiny tropical Paradise in the Pageantry map with her undeniable charm, beauty and self-confidence. The latest demonstration to Rath's growing international popularity was seen today as she was given special mention on the popular Pageantry website: Missosology as being among contestants with the best Glam shots of the 65th Miss Universe Pageant.

Of the eighty nine contestants 15 were selected as the very best who gave the most memorable and breathtaking shots. Rath was placed ninth with this gorgeous shot which highlights her natural beauty.

While this ranking only serves to validate Rath's growing popularity and has no weight on the actual placement of contestants in the pageant on Sunday, Belizeans have the opportunity to ensure that our beauty queen makes it to the top by voting for her in the following ways:

First, you can vote on the Miss Universe website which can be found at vote.missuniverse.com, secondly, you can download the Miss U app found on Google Play Store or the Apple app store then register and vote. Thirdly, you can also download the VODI app and log in with your phone number in order to cast your vote. Lastly you can vote through a registered twitter account by using #Missuniverse #Belize and by sharing other tweets that have the above mentioned hashtags.

Individuals are allowed to vote ten times per day in each of the options mentioned and all Belizeans are encouraged to show support and vote.

CTV3

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Video: Miss Belize Universe was LIVE on Miss Universe Fanatic!!! Here's that video....

I was in the rehersal hall with 90 of the most beautiful women in the world. Being a photographer who has photographed beautiful women my whole career, you would think I 'd be like a baby in a candy store. Yet I left that practice realizing that I only saw one face the whole time, Miss Belize; the other girls were just the faceless crowd.

Tony Rath.....

Last edited by Marty; 03/24/17 02:10 PM.
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Video of Miss Universe Belize Rebecca Rath in her Scarlet Macaw costume during the National Costume Competition.

65th Miss Universe Preliminary Competition

Miss Belize Universe in the Philippines

The Bex has landed Belize, things getting real in Philippines now. These are not my photos, but photos from the press covering the event or the contestants social media feed. There are a lot of photos, so click "See More" at the bottom to see them all.

From the Fashion Show on are my photos. Tony Rath

Click photos for more pictures!

Check out the 65th Miss Universe Preliminary Competition! Miss Universe Belize, Rebecca Rath competed in swimwear and evening gown in front of a panel of preliminary judges. The scores from the night's event along with an interview portion will help determine the Top 12 during the Miss Universe broadcast.

Miss Belize during Miss Universe 2016 Preliminary

Video montage of Miss Belize Universe Rebecca Rath during the Miss Universe 2016 Preliminary Competition. Vote 4 Bex!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Scene-stealers from the Miss Universe national costume show

Miss Belize Universe made it in CNN Philippines' round up of "scene-stealers" in her national costume! Rebecca Rath's Scarlet Macaw costume also made it in the Daily Mail (UK), The Sun (UK) and USA Today!

Stunning Miss Universe contestants step out in their National Costumes� and the results are bonkers and brilliant
THE annual Miss Universe competition is underway - and the winner will be crowned in a matter of days. Each nation has put forward their most beautiful and talented competitor to battle it out in the prestigious beauty pageant. The contest is being held in the Philippines this year, following the victory of the current Miss Universe Pia Wurtzbach in 2015. Today, the competitors began eyeing each other up in the National Costume showdown. Each pageant finalist stepped out wearing an ostentatious outfit that had been given a cultural twist to represent their heritage. From intricate headdresses, to stunningly embroidered capes, here were some of the most bonkers and brilliant outfits to grace the catwalk...

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

What a journey and what beautiful and amazing women! Now we need lunch! Thank you everyone for the love and support!

You represented us well, Rebecca. You did great!!!You are our Ms. UNIVERSE!!!

Thanks Tony and Therese for giving her to us and giving her full support.

Miss Universe competition 2017
From swimsuits to evening gowns and everything in between, here are some must-see moments from the 65th Miss Universe competition preliminaries. The pageant aired live on FOX Sunday, Jan. 29, 2017 from the Philippines.

Miss France's journey to Miss Universe crown
Iris Mittenaere of France was crowned the 65th Miss Universe on Monday in Manila, beating other heavily favored candidates to win the prestigious beauty title. Mittenaere participated in prepageant activities throughout the Philippines and hurdled preliminary long gown and swimsuit competitions, interviews, and the national costume show. She succeeded the host country's Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach. Here's a look back at the newly crowned Miss Universe's journey to her coronation. All photos are from the Miss Universe Organization.

Miss Universo 2016; FOTOS
Iris Mittenaere � coroada pela Miss Universo da �ltima edi��o, Pia Wurtzbach. Iris Mittenaere acena ap�s vencer o Miss Universo. Iris Mittenaere � abra�ada pelas candidatas ap�s a vit�ria.

As I step on to that stage in a few hours and they announce the top 13 finalists, I just want to let you all know that I left my heart on that stage at preliminaries and that I am a better person than I was before September 10th. No matter what happens, I truly learnt so much from this experience. I used to think miss universe was about prancing on stage with a pretty face and a nice body, but it honestly is so much more. I have met some of the most amazing women that are different colors, from different countries, cultures, and religions, and EVERYDAY they wake up, shape up and go out and get to work to win this title. It is a competition but these women are here together and in one place supporting each other. This has been a life changing experience for me. I feel so honored to be a Belizean and to be wearing this sash! You all honestly keep me going and make me feel like I already won. BELIZE I LOVE YOU AND I AM DOING THIS FOR YOU! LETS GET IT! BELIIIIIZZZZEEEEEEE!!

Bex Rath

Miss Belize Universe Speaks Before Final Cut on Sunday

There are no words to describe how I feel right now. Being able to wear this sash on the world stage was an incredible experience. I might not have walked away with the crown, but I met some phenomenal women and experienced a world I once knew nothing about. Belize, thank you all so much for your support. I hope I made you all proud. Miss France is such a sweet woman and I believe she deserved that crown as did all the women in the top 13 deserved to place. Miss Universe is a competition with judges and they chose her for good reasons - She is beautiful, intelligent, kind and confident. Thank you Belize for giving me this opportunity and for the tremendous online support! Everyone of the messages, comments, "likes" and votes energized me throughout the competition. I did my very best to represent Belize and though it hurt not to do better, I have no regrets.

Now I will take a few days off to recuperate and enjoy the Filipino hospitality before returning to my beloved Belize to fulfill the remainder of my time as your Miss Belize. With much love - your Bex

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Come on out and welcome Miss Belize Rebecca Rath back home!! (motorcade route will be posted next week)

[Linked Image]

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rebecca returns home on February 10th. Here is what will take place:

-  Welcome at the PGIA at approximately 12 noon
-  Motorcade through principal streets of Belize City following her arrival
-  Press briefing at the Bliss Centre @2PM

The public is invited to line the streets and attend the press briefing at the Bliss to give a warm welcome to one of Belize's greatest beauty Ambassadors.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Bex's Return: Fit For Queen

After representing Belize in the Miss Universe pageant in the Philippines, Rebecca Rath finally returned home today. Our news team went out and followed the festivities to celebrate her return, Alex Courtenay reports...

Miss Belize arrives Home after representing Belize at Miss Universe, greeting children on her arrival.

Click photos for more pictures!

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Rebecca Rath Returns: The Miss Universe Experience

On Open Your Eyes....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 301 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.