Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#521518 02/10/17 07:30 AM
T
tazh2o Offline OP
OP Offline
T
help me out here I filed for a cart permit in nov I live on the island full time north of bridge I bought a cart from a guy and am currently using his permit town council keeps saying there going to have a meeting today they told me it had been pushed back till march anyone know how to get this done?

tazh2o #521520 02/10/17 09:39 AM
what they really mean is "if you PAY FOR A SPECIAL MEETING you can get a permit". You interrupt this any way you wish. I refused to play this game and it took me one year to get my permit. Good Luck.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
tazh2o #521524 02/10/17 02:43 PM
S
S
I mean no offence but this is why people shouldn't try to circumvent the processes in place, it can come back to bite you in the ass. Had you applied for a permit in the first place and gone through the process before buying the cart you may have been treated differently. If they've found out you to tried to cheat the system they have no reason to make life smooth for you. It may seem easier in the short run to not follow the rules but in the end you take your chances and may end up paying for it.

About two years ago I heard of someone that bought a golf cart from someone and then left title in the sellers name so they would be able to own it without a permit. The seller came back, took the cart and then sold it again and there was nothing the original (maybe) buyer could do.

After all these years I'm astonished by the number of people that are led to believe they can game the system when they would never do the same thing where they came from. The people that do are ripe for exploitation.

SimonB #521544 02/11/17 01:49 AM
T
tazh2o Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I went to the town concel and the lady told me that I could buy the cart and I could use his permit till mine was approved I have the title and the councel recorded the sale I'm not trying to break any rules I did what I was told I could do I applied for the permit in nov and payed the fees.

tazh2o #521545 02/11/17 02:57 AM
P
P
Be patient and wait for the meeting but remind them regularly. Seems you have no issue so why worry about it. If its important you can pay for a meeting and if you can get or find several others waiting maybe split the cost. The Committee are all busy people and the meetings often get postponed if several have schedule conflicts

Phil #521547 02/11/17 11:22 AM
N
N
Agreed. They also usually wait to meet when there are a bunch to approve. I don't know about San Pedro but on Caulker not all the members of the Traffic Committee actually live on the caye so they all need to travel to meet. They wait until it's worth meeting.

tazh2o #521582 02/13/17 03:36 PM
We're here 3 years and they would not give us a permit without owning property. Even though we own a company, we were (politely) turned down. Same with drivers licenses.

sweetjane #521605 02/14/17 03:26 AM
T
tazh2o Offline OP
OP Offline
T
that's the funney part I have a qrp and I own my villa on the north side I live here full time.

tazh2o #521686 02/16/17 11:19 AM
T
T
Does anyone have a link to what steps are required and the rules for getting a cart permit?

tazh2o #521708 02/17/17 02:22 AM
Hello Tahoe Diver.....(do really dive Lake Tahoe?, we earned our Dive certs there and I thought I was going to freeze to death, yet it is a beautiful lake to see underwater) .... A great deal of conversation circles cart permits year after year..... The best way to get this information is to visit Town Council, talk with them about your purpose for the permit as well as off street parking....The person there will walk you through the process and let you know the steps going forward..... Like all things Belize it will take awhile.... ( we consider these processes Scavenger Hunts) So sorry, no real cut and dry way to do it.... If you care for a nickels worth of advice I will share this..... When purchasing a cart be sure to have the title cleared to your name, just like an automobile in the States. The biggest issue I see over and over is someone purchased a cart from someone who does not own it or did not have permission to own the cart... When the permit fee is due you will not be able to extend it and the cart will be fined for illegal operation.....You can protect yourself from that by purchasing through the dealerships here or importing your own cart with a proper bill of sale.... Good Luck....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.