Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Originally Posted by J DOG
I have had lobster after the 14th on the beach with a local on a fish,snorkel,beach picnic before & he said he had a freezer full of lobster, I was happy & so was he with the tip I gave him.

He should loose his license and you should not support this.

Lobster Season is over as of last night....Please do not purchase, carry, freeze or poach any lobster until the law permits..... 10 years in buying Lobster in Belize and this season was the most scarce..... Hard to find Lobster at all and many times just at the legal limit. We use to be able to carry Mega Size 11 ounce tails, did not see any of those this year. Please, please, please let's all obey the fisheries law..... It does not take an economic or ecologic expert to know what happens if we don't..... With regard to special permits, the fisheries department officer who signed off on our initial opening said there was no such permit.... Therefore, if you find lobster available anywhere now until June 15 it is illegal. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Judy is spot on.

S
S
Saw a local Gringo buying several pounds of Lobster this morning. Idiot.

R
R
Ok, the best course of action is to follow the law.

But this guy bought lobster that was already caught. What else are you gonna do with 'em?

(Ok, I guess the fisherman could have gone back to the waters and dumped 'em back.)

S
S
What??? So the guy goes out tomorrow and comes back and sells again and it's okay because they were "already caught". They were fresh Lobster, likely caught today, out of season. By buying them you're telling the fisherman, "Hey, it's okay, you bring I buy" so he keeps on fishing out of season.

N
N
Somewhat related: I was snorkeling at Hol Chan the other day for the first time in awhile. The sea floor was littered with harvested conch shells. Everywhere.

SimonB....I agree, people need to know not to purchase lobster from the poachers.... We got a call from a guest who stated a guy in a canoe sold him fresh lobster and asked if we could cook it for them..... With great restraint I politely explained our laws and pleaded with them to share the Fisheries information with their fellow tourists and not to purchase anymore Lobster until June 15th...... frown

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
R
R
Point taken, Simon and Judyann ...... dunno what I was thinking.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 317 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.