Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#522413 03/19/17 06:11 PM
Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
I know tax?

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
Shyboy Offline OP
OP Offline
Really sorry... I didn't look before I posted this.. It was supposed to read... " I know many of you know the answer to this".... I have had two opinions from people I trust.... Are we supposed to pay GST on HOA dues? Simple question...

A little known fact... Women who are overweight tend to live longer than men who mention it...
J
J
Our HOA has increased due to the GST tax frown

I have no doubt everyone will say it is taxable but logic would tell you that this is money you are paying yourself or for your own benefit and that is not a taxable event.

Captain One Iron
Hello Peter....This is a link that might help..... http://www.gst.gov.bz/overview.html ... We did pay GST during our HOA days however it did not start until the GST program was implemented around 2005, even then only 10% of the dues & services..... There was then an increase to 12.5% a few years later.... Some HOAs do not pay simply because they do not qualify for the minimum threshold amount..... The GST people are very helpful, a quick phone call to the department can get you the answers you want.....We have found them helpful, in fact they assigned us a direct agent for our first year to assist us with the proper filing..... You are a fair and intelligent business man I am confident once you talk to them, you will find what is needed. Wishing you the best....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
R
R
Peter, I looked at one of my old statements and yes I've paid 12.5% also. We had some pretty competent people handling this and I'm quite sure it would not have been paid if not necessary.

Jim
Formerly from somewhere on a beach in Belize

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 232 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.