Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
#522702 03/31/17 01:13 PM
12009671_10204716586506647_7872414659339148785_n.jpg
Marty Offline OP
Noel John Escalante

His knowledge of history, and willingness to share it with others had been greatly appreciated.

Funeral services for the late Noel J Escalante will be at St. Joseph's Church on Saturday, April 1st, 2017. Body will be received at 9:00 am for Mass of thanksgiving at 10:00 am.

this from Wendy Auxillou-Othman
R.I.P. Mr. Escalante. Mr. Noel Escalante was the tax collector for the BTB for many years. We on Caye Caulker got twice yearly visits from him. Mr. Escalante very shortly after retiring from the BTB found out he had cancer. His countless old photos of Belize kept many of us on FB mesmerized for many years. We will miss him.

Here is his Facebook page.

[Linked Image]
2 Comments
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Remembering Late Photographer Noel Escalante

On Thursday, after battling cancer for some time, Noel Escalante passed away at the hospital in Belize City. For many years, he's been doing photography in Belize capturing snapshots of the country's history through his camera lens. �At an early age, the father of two developed that passion, seeing natural beauty in everything. His collection includes a photographic documentation of historical events as well as images of the Majestic Theatre and Matinee in Belize City and of ground zero at the foot of the Swing Bridge. Over the past fifteen years, Escalante started holding exhibitions, including the popular Faces of Belize which captured the different ethnicities that make up the country. �At word of his passing, many took to social media defining him as a historian and Belizean icon. His daughter Lisette Eck says that there is a huge collection of pictures that have yet to be developed; the family plans to carry on his legacy.

Lysette Eck, Daughter of Noel Escalante

"From way back he had a passion for photography. I remember his first camera when I was a very little girl was the instant Polaroid and he was about taking pictures with that. I guess along with his job with [the Belize] Tourism Board from ever since that took him all over the country and gave him a great opportunity to take pictures of all over the country. To prepare for the exhibition, take great time and energy and put passion into work to prepare these exhibitions and I think he has done it in several locations in Belize and everyone has always commended him on how wonderful the photography is and how well a job he's done. And even after that, Facebook came along and he opened a page and he did that and to our surprise, he had thousands and thousands of people following him from all over-United States, Europe, a lot of Belizean; people who had left home long ago and couldn't come back to Belize, he shared his photograph on Facebook page and it was well appreciated and he was well loved for that."

Escalante was well known in the tourism industry; up to March 2016, Escalante was the tax auditor at the Belize Tourism Board. Funeral services for Escalante will be held at ten a.m. at Saint Joseph Church in Belize City. Noel Escalante, dead at sixty-four.

Channel 5

Noel J. Escalante was a well-known Belizean cultural, scenic and historical photographer. He was also a valuable contributor to many of the exhibits at the Museum of Belize, particularly with his many images of Old Belize Town. The Museum of Belize has lost a dear historian and friend. Rest In Peace Noel.

Remembering Late Photographer Noel Escalante

Mr. Escalante's eye for charming images and his talent in capturing them will live on .....
I have some of his work and love it.
Condolences to his family. I know you will miss him greatly.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 294 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.