Tarpon, Sea Horses, Giant Caverns and Changes at the Split

The wooden dock at the split has been removed and cement sea wall is going in.

Caye Caulker is such a fun spot to visit. And this time, with family visiting, we did something a bit different – we rented a golf cart for a few hours from C&N Golf Cart rentals ($25bzd/hour) and explored. With the SUPER QUIET smooth electric golf cart, I saw things that I’ve never seen before. Here’s a look at my 4 hour tour.

We looped around a few blocks – and turned towards the lagoon by the Blue Waves Guesthouse.

To another very interesting fish and a very interesting spot.

The spot is most famous for the large tarpon that reside here. HUGE to me, but apparently, at 50-60 pounds, these guys have nothing on the biggest tarpon – that can get to be almost THREE HUNDRED POUNDS and 10 feet long!

We headed down to the split. There has been so much change here over the last few years. The Lazy Lizard Bar has been downsized…the entire area filled with acres of white sand and see walls are being finished to enclose this end of the island. Let me see if I can put some pictures together to show the change.

Click here to read the rest of the article and LOTS more pictures in the San Pedro Scoop