First, if this post isn't appropriate to share, please remove if necessary.
I received an email today from Embassy of the United States of America Belmopan with the above subject. I am copying and pasting it here for information.
Information for Travelers and Residents
U.S. Embassy Belmopan, Belize
April 19, 2017
Beyond the Horizon: Free Medical Services
The U.S. Embassy and the Government of Belize, in coordination with U.S. Army South, launched the Beyond the Horizon 2017 (BTH) collaborative humanitarian exercise on April 7, 2017. As part of the BTH partnership exercise, there will be free medical service events to the public offering general medicine, pediatrics, dentistry, OB/GYN, and optometry (including eyeglasses) in the following locations:
· April 17-21, 2017: Ladyville Community Center/Hurricane Shelter, Ladyville, Belize District.
· May 8-17, 2017: Macal River Park, San Ignacio, Cayo District.
· May 22-June 2, 2017: D Company Barracks, Dangriga, Stann Creek District.
Please feel free to take advantage of these great opportunities. Schools have also coordinated with the Beyond the Horizon team and brought in school children as well for screenings.
It is not limited to the geographic communities. Anyone who travels to the sites are eligible to receive care as long as they are there in time before the end of the day (info on times is posted on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BTH2017Belize
). Please bring plenty of water as wait times can be long.
Valued at USD $11.5 million, BTH is a collaborative training exercise between U.S. Army South, the Belize Defence Force (BDF), the Ministries of Defence, Health, and Education, as well as partner nations, such as Trinidad and Tobago, Colombia, and Brazil. The project also includes numerous NGOs and private companies from the United States and Belize. The exercise started on March 25, 2017 and is scheduled to end the second week of June, 2017.
The exercise also consists of five construction projects:
• Expansion of the emergency room at the Western Regional Hospital in Belmopan.
• Construction of a new medical waste incinerator housing at the Western Regional Hospital in Belmopan.
• Construction of a new medical clinic building at the Ladyville Health Clinic.
• Construction of a new medical clinic building at the Double Head Cabbage Clinic.
• Construction of three new classrooms at St. Matthew’s Government School.
For all the latest information on the free medical service events and progress on the Beyond the Horizon partnership, please visit: https://www.facebook.com/BTH2017Belize/
The Beyond the Horizon team would also appreciate a “like” on the site.
The U.S. Embassy in Belize, located at 4 Floral Park Road, Belmopan at +501-822-4011, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +501-610-5030.