FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Mamey
The sign at the vegetable stand said, Mamey – $2.00 each. “Is this a fruit?” Sherry asked me. “It’s what is known as a mamey,” I told her. “They’re really good for flavoring ice cream and milk shakes. I like them.” Sherry bought one for $2.00 and that night I had mamey flavored milk shake. A few days later we were back at the vegetable stand where the table was still piled high with mamey. When she paid for the fruit Sherry asked the shop owner , “Do these things sell very well?” “In some places they do,” the owner said, “but in my shop they don’t.”

Doctor Love: Not Daddy’s Little Angel
Dear Doctor Love, My six year old daughter has a terrible temper, and my wife doesn’t do anything about it. My little girl screams and throws fits on the floor. She kicks at her mother and even calls my wife stupid and smacks her. My wife says our daughter will outgrow it, but it is getting worse. She is even mean to her playmates. What should I do? /s/Not Daddy’s Little Angel

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

Cricel Castillo at WbffPro
Top 10 PRO FITNESS and BEST THEME WEAR! Hey, that's more than winning in my books! You don't have to win the entire show to be a champion sometimes... the PEOPLE's CHAMPION is the best title and I got SOOOOO many good reviews on my entire performance and awarded by so many for BEST BACK SHOT HAHAHA

Passing of Ms. Anna Maria Osorio
Mayor Daniel Guerrero, the San Pedro Town Council and Staff would like to express it sincere condolences to the Osorio/Nuñez Family and Friends on the passing of Ms. Anna Maria Osorio. May her soul rest in peace.

Corozal Rising Stars
CRS did an awesome job over the weekend as we represented our Jewel in Chetumal. We lost two games and won one for 3 points which made us came in 3rd in our group. The players gathered great experience as they continue to excel as they grow in this great sport we love Football. Tks to all players and the great CRS Committee.

5K Camp Joy Belize Run
Representatives of the Mexican Embassy in Belize were present this morning at the 1st 5K Camp Joy Belize Run in Belmopan, dedicated to serve people with special needs. Congratulations to the organisers!

Percentage of Poverty in Latin America. Alarming

The Reporter

Mexico to host 2017 commercial mission
The Mexican Embassy in Belize is announcing its 2017 Commercial mission, which will be hosted at the Institute of Mexico in Belize City, on April, 27. The event will be open to the public from 8:00 a.m-12:00 p.m., and companies from Cancun and Merida will shoecase a variety of products and services. Representative from ProMexico (the Mexican Trade and Investment agency) will be present to provide feedback about opening a business in the Mexican market.

Breaking Belize NewsPJ

Why are politicians avoiding re-registration?
It has been 20 years since the last time a voter re-registration exercise has been conducted in Belize and since then; many voters have died, some have moved, new voters have been added, an influx of immigrants have settled in the country, Belize’s nationality has been sold illegally through Immigration hustling and the country’s economy has generally ailed because of greedy politicians.

Cricel Castillo wins best theme wear in Los Angeles
The World Beauty Fitness and Fashion show was held last night in Los Angeles, California. The event is a Pro and Amateur event. All participants with a WBFF Pro Status are eligible to compete as a WBFF Pro. The Belizean fitness beauty and bodybuilder made the top 10 and won best theme wear last night.

Vicious Machete Attack Leaves One Dead, Others Injured in Trio Village
Last night around 10:45, police responded to a scene at Trio Village where they saw Santiago Garcia, 22 , a Belizean Laborer with a chop wound to the back of the head, right cheek, and right wrist. Garcia succumbed to his injuries while being transported to the Independence Poly Clinic. Arturo Choc, 29, a Guatemalan Laborer was also observed with a large cut wound to the right side of the head.

Belizean model making name in London
Last year Joyjah Estrada made headlines when she became one of the faces for the UK’s Love magazine. Joyjah, who has more Instagram followers than half of Belize’s entire population, is making headlines again. This time for a modeling gig she signed with the Squad agency which will see her living in London for more than 3 months. “

Blogs

One of My Favorite New Businesses in Belize: Delices De France
Just a few days ago, I walked into the new French bakery in San Pedro, Belize and, for the fifth day in a row, I bought a GORGEOUS baguette sandwich for lunch. Just behind me was a San Pedro traffic officer buying 2 baguettes to-go. And a mom with her 2 kids in school uniforms buying chocolate croissants. Zut alors! I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS NEW BUSINESS ON AMBERGRIS CAYE! And it’s not just me. The French bakery, Delices de France, is classic France here in San Pedro, Belize – making really REALLY great French pastries and bread and the baguette? It is my very favorite.

International Sourcesizz

The Army makes an impact near the equator
Earlier this month, U.S. Army Reserve soldiers assigned to the 672nd Engineer Company, 301st Maneuver Enhancement Brigade, arrived in Belize where they began work on three different construction projects that were intended to benefit several different communities in the region. The projects are part of an annual multinational exercise, Beyond the Horizon, which brings together soldiers, airmen, and marines from the reserve and active components of the U.S. military, as well as personnel from foreign military organizations. The Ladyville Health Clinic is a small clinic in one of the largest villages in Belize, and didn’t have enough space for its patients, or room for all of the medical equipment that the village desired. The Renegades began construction on a new building at the clinic, significantly expanding the clinic’s capacity, and ability to help those in need.

Ex-Treasure Hunter Again Told to Give Up Coins' Location
A federal judge is warning an ex-treasure hunter that he could face another contempt-of-court charge if he doesn't reveal the location of 500 missing gold coins. Ohio Judge Algenon Marbley on Friday ordered Tommy Thompson to cooperate by granting power of attorney to allow the government to figure out if a trust in Belize knows the coins' whereabouts, reports the AP. Marbley refused Thompson's request to appoint a civil attorney to help him review records in order to "jog his memory," about where the gold is, as the Columbus Dispatch puts it. "What stretches the court’s credulity is why do you need a civil attorney to explain your own documents," Marbley said. "The court is not going to be complicit in spurious machinations."

Olympian Simone Biles Breaks Her Silence, Makes Tearful Confession To Fans She Can’t Bottle Up
The hugely popular show, Dancing with the Stars made its debut in 2005 - and since then, it has managed to wow audiences by putting all kinds of celebrities in a leotard and a pair of dancing shoes! One such celebrity super-star competing in its 24th season is Simone Biles, who is better known for her amazing performance in the 2016 Olympics as part of the U.S. Gymnastics team. Much has already been said about her athletic prowess, but it is something that she did on this dance competition that is making her an audience favorite all over again. Week four into her season on the show, Simone was challenged with dancing to a routine that followed the theme of what she considered her "Most Memorable Year." Of course, the audience had assume 2016 to be that year when she won four gold medals and became one of the most famous gymnasts in the world! However, what Simone chose to highlight instead was something much more personal from way back in the year 2000 when she was just 3-years-old. For those who might not know, this is the year when she was legally adopted by her grandparents. Simone emotionally recalled:

Become a YLAI
GREAT NEWS! The deadline for applications for the YLAI (Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative) professional fellows program has been extended to April 28th! Become a YLAI fellow! Submit your applications at https://ylai.state.gov/

Videos

• Cricel Castillo WBFF Fitness Pro wins best costume!, 1/2min.

• Belize 2017, 8min.

• American Way Magazine - Road Warrior Contest in Belize!, 3min. Shown on American Airlines Airplanes Road Warrior: The Un-Belize-able Edition Our 14th Annual Road Warrior Contest winners head to Belize for some life-changing adventure: zip-lining through the rain forest, climbing ancient Mayan ruins, swimming with sharks and a whole lotta rum. To read the magazine article, please click this link!

• Snorkeling Hol Chan Marine Reserve and Shark Ray Alley in Belize, 2min. Underwater GoPro footage from my snorkel trip in Belize.

• AMBERGRIS CAYE /// SAN PEDRO, BELIZE, 3.5min.

• Beach house in Belize, 13min. We went to my beach house for a week

• Spring Break in Belize, 4.5min. Video I made with footage from my high school senior mission trip.

• Uses of Land in Belize, 2.5min.

• CAYE CAULKER BELIZE 2017, 4min. I went to Belize with 60 people and it was one of the coolest experiences of my life! I made a video about it so here you go!

• BELIZE ADVENTURE, 4.5min. Made a little video of my adventure in Belize, it was such an amazing experience traveling this beautiful country full of beautiful people.

• Belize Vegan Roots All-Stars Basketball Highlights, 7.5min. Father to son, having fun. Brother to brother, supporting each other. A winning formula for collective movement, inspired by the high-intensity energy of earth-solar powered, plant-based fuel supply and the family-community oriented coaching guidance of High Priest Kwatamani.

• Iguana Tour in San Ignacio BELIZE, 3min.

• Diving in Belize, 4.5min. Produced for the San Diego Underwater Film Festival 2017. The media from this film was shot in Ambergris Caye & St. George's Caye in 2017.

• Belize: Day 5, Wakeboarding, 5min. Getting towed through the mangroves behind a 15 HP outboard.

• Belize: Day 5, Dive 2-of-2, 8min. Lobster, Lion Fish, Crab, Loggerhead turtle with Remora and Cobia, Amazing Reef.

• Belize: Day 2, 6min. Yoga at sunrise; Snorkeling & spear fishing; "Yellow Brick Road"; Caye Caulker; Sip-N-Dip.

• Belize: Day 3, Dive 1-of-2, 6min. Beautiful reef; Snorkeling with rays and sharks between dives.

• Belize 2017, 7min.

• CCCMB 2016 Belize Bandfest Champions, 2min. Congratulations to all of us that are part of this band, we made it, thanks to our band director and choreographer and band manager along with the parent committee

• Belize Organic Family Farmers Camp, 4min. A visit to farm camp with BOFF Director, Nana Mensah.

• ADN Maya & Son del Sur, 4min. Encuentros en Ochil | | | Tema musical: Ma'oje'lam [No Se Sabe] Autor: Wilfrido Dzul | Encuentros en Ochil es un proyecto que mueve extraordinarias colaboraciones de grandes artistas de la península de Yucatán para que se proyecte al mundo entero.