Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#523420 05/07/17 10:37 AM
OP Offline
A couple of days ago a huge pile of car tires along with a refrigerator, a water heater and some other junk, was dumped along the side of the north road, a bit north of Grand Caribe and across from the entrance to Paco's. There were at least 30 tires!
Town Board sent a truck and cleaned this mess up.
Yesterday it happened AGAIN. This time a golf cart with a trailer delivered a pile of wood pallets which were tossed in the same spot. If you have any information on the identity of the dumpers please call OC Henry Jemmott at the San Pedro Police Station, or contact a member of your local Neighborhood Watch. This has to stop!

O
O
There is a solution! I couldn't agree with you more Diane

J
J
I agree with the above posts.........it's sickening that anyone dumping has no conscience what so ever. This huge problem could be reduced if the Town Board would just take a ride up & down the island and get involved ! I WISH frown

It is a very bad situation when people have no civic pride, you can see it all over the island, the SPTC cannot do it all, we the people must get involved and report any dumping we see. This will only stop if the people doing this are caught and made to pay. Some of the resorts and construction sites up North are doing the very same thing, dumping their waste materials on vacant lots. Lets help the SPTC instead of sitting back and waiting for them to do it all. Civic pride is lacking on this island, you only hear locals shouting " Dis island fu we" at election times yet they do nothing to keep the island clean.

If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.
A bullet fired,cannot be called back.
A.C.G.C.
The "powers that be" ought to monitor vehicles heading north over the bridge,
whether they be pick-up trucks, dump trucks, or golf carts with trailers, loaded
with refuse, to see exactly WHERE they plan on DUMPING their load.

It's a start, and EASY to start doing, in my opinion.

I'd bet more than HALF the problem could be solved IMMEDIATELY by doing it.

S
S
It's not vehicles going north that are the problem, it's landowners and resorts from the the north that are doing the dumping. My guess on the dumping above is that they're trying to fill a lot. No one is that stupid that they would dump random garbage on the roadside in full view of everyone. Most of the dumping is done further north.

The crew that built the road left giant old tires from the trucks and tractors along the North road. The area just south of Canary Cove on the West side of the road looks like a dump site from garbage the road crew left behind when they where living at there. The crew threw those Styrofoam lunch containers in the mangroves at that site. With a phone call the Mayor could easy pressure this company to clean up after itself.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
J
J
There seems to be no consequences for anything on this island that I've seen, if I saw dumping today, do you think there would be any fines or any kind of reprimand ? Just asking.......

Yes there are littering laws and fines.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 290 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.