Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Effective June 1st, 2017 all patients of the Dr. Otto Rodriguez San Pedro Polyclinic will be required to have their individual cards to access health care services which include: Outpatient Clinic, dental clinic, psychiatric clinic, gynaecology/obstetric clinic, pharmacy, lab, x-ray and family and community health (vaccination, family planning). It is requested that the general public cooperates with our health care team to help us improved our health care system delivery. Thanks for your kind cooperation.

Does anyone have more information on this? Where would we get our cards? Is there a fee or process? Thank you in advance.... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
You get a health card when you go to the clinic which you will then need to take with you whenever you go to the clinic in the future. It is unlikely that there will be a fee but there is always a donation box and other ways to support the clinic which provides free health care to local population. The suggested donation is $5. A consultation with a local private doctor's clinic is less than $50 BZD.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Everything You Need To Know About San Pedro Polyclinic's New ID Card

I met with Mr. Owen Vellos, clinic administrator, who assured me that the process is simple and necessary. The card will expedite the triage process and provide doctors and nurses basic information about the patient as well as past medical records from public medical centers nationwide through the Belize Health Information System.

Patients can present the card at public hospitals nationwide and receive adequate treatment according to their past medical record. Pharmacies in these facilities have access to the system so the ID card can be presented instead of a written prescription, making the process paperless. Mr. Vellos assured me that NO patient will be turned away for not having an ID card. Emergency patients will be treated immediately and registered once they have been stabilized. This, of course, includes tourists visiting San Pedro.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Ambergris Today

Thank you..... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.