Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#523947 06/07/17 10:52 AM
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
We have been down several times and made great friends. We recently were trying to help one of them get a tourist visa to visit us in the states. It was denied saying 'ineligible'. Their understanding is that they don't have to give a reason, but of course the online website from the consulate says they do give a reason and that you can possibly dispute it. Does anyone have experience with this? TIA!

buktoff #523950 06/07/17 04:57 PM
We have tried to help many Belizeans and only on 2 occasions were they given reasons for denial.

buktoff #523964 06/08/17 09:54 AM
Let us know how this goes buktoff.....This would be good information to know....And thank you for chatting with me last night, hopefully you're making some headway.... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
buktoff #523965 06/08/17 04:49 PM
I can attest to the fact that, having worked with hundreds of potential F-1 students, it is not uncommon at all for Embassy officials (globally) to deny visas without providing any excuse for denial.

Sometimes it seems like the denial is simply "I/m having a bad day, and do not want to deal with this"., or "I do not like you" On occasion the applicant has simply been told the official does not believe the applicant has enough motivation to return home at the conclusion of studies and is a high risk for flight.

On another occasion,(resolved favorably by a phone call from a sitting US Senator, serving as Chair of the Senate Committee on Homeland Security), the Embassy official originally denied issuance of the visa based upon HIS opinion that the course of study was a waste of time and not in the applicants best interest]. After the Senator challenged that official's professional expertise in the subject matter and professional career counseling, suddenly the visa was granted. Ahhhmazing!

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
Judyann H. #524022 06/12/17 11:50 AM
B
buktoff Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I contacted US atty as was told atty in Belize can't help.

buktoff #524025 06/12/17 04:49 PM
If you are an American citizen, I would strongly suggest that before you speak with an expensive attorney (immigration relations is a highly specialized practice), you contact your US Senator or Congress person, which ever has the most power & clout in Washington and ask them t o get involved. Be certain you have all the documentation at hand. Just remember the Embassy officials will be looking for substantial reasons (financial, familial, etc) why the applicant would not be a risk of over-extending his/her stay and would return to Belize.

I am unaware if Belize in general fits this mold, but young, single males are always suspect. Been that way for years, all politics aside.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
buktoff #524039 06/13/17 11:57 AM
Very true single males are almost never granted visa seen it over and over again. The advice about getting a senator advice is right on. US embassy personnel think of themselves as Gods of all knowing and budge for no one in Belize unless it is a political favor. Only pressure from above makes them squirt in their boots

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 296 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.