Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#524299 - 06/28/17 04:09 AM Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light  
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline
Ask anyone sober or drunk and they'll tell you there's no shortage of beer offerings at the corner store or at bars and nightclub's. But the folks at the Belikin Brewery - who already bottle 6 beers - think there's a market niche that hasn't been filled. It's for a light beer, targeting the health conscious market who are watching their calorie intake. And, so, enter Belikin Light beer, which is being introduced to the market at the beginning of July.

Makes marketing sense, but for the folks who already produce regular Belikin Beer, Belikin Stout, Belikin Premium, Guinness Stout, Landshark Lager, Lighthouse Beer, Chocolate Stout and Sorrel Stout, while also importing Amstel Brite, Heineken, and Redstripe - do they really need another beer? Or are they seeking complete domination of the beer market? That's what we asked the brew master at the official launch of the Belikin Light today. Here's what he had to say about this new beer, and why adults may want to try it:

Daniel Ortiz
"Why would I want to switch over to the light or try out the light?"

Nolan Michael - Brewmaster, Belize Brewing Company
"Well if you are a regular beer drinker and that's what you enjoy we advise you please continue to enjoy that. I enjoy all brand categories. What we found is that there was a gap, there was a certain segment in our Belizean community and throughout worldwide that there is a conscious movement towards a choice lifestyle and active life style but those people, they still enjoy a beer. However, they are also conscious about the calorie intake that they are taking in with that consumption. so in order for us to fill that market gap we decided that we would produce Belikin light which in Belikin light you still get the same great flavor profile of a Belikin beer but with a reduce calorie intake."

"It will be available country wide at the beginning of July. Our sales people and our distribution system it is moving through our distribution system as we speak so it will be available in stores country wide at the beginning of July in fresh on time delivery for our customers and consumers to have their choice."

Daniel Ortiz
"Is it a situation where Belize Brewing Company is trying to control the entire market share or access in Belize for beer drinkers?"

Nolan Michael - Brewmaster, Belize Brewing Company
"Our strategy has absolutely nothing to do with control of the beer market. Our entire strategy is offering customers and consumers a choice. We would like to have a beer offering, or a product offering in every single category and every single beer style, that's my ambition, if I know I am a beer drinker, I would like to have a beer to consume in any type of beer style depending on what I am feeling every day. This is about service, this is about delivery of quality products to our customers and consumers and we want the ability in our portfolio to offer that to our customers and consumers. That is our strategy. I can assure you we are not stopping at this one product offering, there will be more. We are going to develop more and offer in as many product categories as we possibly can."

Counting the seasonal brews, this is the company's 12th beverage brand. We stress beer - including this light beer - is for adults, not children.

Channel 7

The Beer of Belize in a lighter form

Beer drinkers across the country, here’s something to excite your taste buds.  Belize Brewing Company is rolling out a new beer from its production line, just in time for the dog days of summer.  Belikin Light is coming your way on July first and the good news is that it’s here to stay.  News Five’s Isani Cayetano was at the media launch today and has the following story.

Isani Cayetano, Reporting

There is another local beer to add to Belize Brewing Company’s growing list of homegrown beverages.  This morning, Brewmaster Nolan Michael proudly introduced the company’s newest addition in the form of Belikin Light, a mixture which promises outstanding quality and attention to detail.

Nolan Michael, Brewmaster, Belikin Beer

“Belikin Light has been in development for let’s see…probably since the beginning of the year, we have a very experienced taste and sensory panel working with us in order to develop new flavor profiles. As was mentioned earlier by Jayson we recognize that there is a specific demographic and a specific community in Belize that is looking for something in this beer category. However, Belikin and the brand name is a complete heritage brand, what we tried t do is make sure that we do not lose the flavor profile of our Belikin flagship. We went through several different adjustments in the recipe and I think we have come up with a great result. You will still get the same great malt flavor, the same great hop flavor however we have reduced the body on the beer a bit. We have modified the bitterness quite a bit, the resulting extract we have modified quite a bit, in order for us to end up with a lower calorie brand that is specifically in the light category. The target alcohol is about 3.5% for a light beer light beers can still be a little bit lighter than that, so I will still remind everyone to drink responsibly when you are consuming Belikin light it still does contain quite a bit of alcohol. We have targeted to balance the beer and still make it a completely balanced beer we had to reduce the bitterness units a bit, we reduced the residual extracts in the beer quite a bit all of this required an extensive modification in our entire brewing process in order for us to have what we think is a delicious, great tasting beer, still getting all of the heritage of Belikin but within the flavor lifestyle of a conscious healthy lifestyle.”

Belikin Light is expected to hit retail stores in the days ahead. Reporting for News Five, I am Isani Cayetano.

Channel 5

Belikin has started making a light beer. They had a big launch party with Chef Sean doing his magic. They have a video from the celebration. Belikin Light has a lower calorie count, and the alcohol content measures 3.8%. When's the chocolate light coming out?

#524314 - 06/28/17 09:02 AM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Marty]  
Judyann H. Offline
Judyann H.  Offline
I read this a couple of times and could not find the 'low calorie count' number....Does anyone know what the calorie count is in the new beer? Anyone else tried it yet? We look forward to carrying another Belikin option for our guests....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
#524364 - 07/01/17 09:23 AM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Marty]  
Judyann H. Offline
Judyann H.  Offline
Okay, I found it!.... the new light beer is 144 calories....Yikes!

#524366 - 07/01/17 10:59 AM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Marty]  
klcman Offline
klcman  Offline
if that is correct, then the caloric intake is the same as regular ole Belikin http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/28477304

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#524375 - 07/02/17 08:10 AM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Marty]  
Judyann H. Offline
Judyann H.  Offline
Hmmmmm, I did read it in the local paper.....Maybe the calories got mixed up..... 144 is an odd number.... I'll keep hunting.... thank you

#524392 - 07/03/17 05:55 PM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Marty]  
katzgar Offline
katzgar  Offline
The problem with Belikin is they are incompetent. I have messaged them to find out about US distribution and I have messaged them about their brewery tours which they arent smart enough to post on their website. For whatever reason they cannot figure out how to return a message.

#524401 - 07/04/17 09:16 PM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: katzgar]  
Wizardofaahs Offline
Wizardofaahs  Offline
Maybe, rather than incompetent and not so smart, they are not interested in US distribution or brewery tours and really don't care what you think they should do with their business model.

Words have power. Speak it into existence.
#524413 - 07/05/17 10:18 AM Re: Belikin, One More Beer Being Brewed: Belikin Light [Re: Wizardofaahs]  
katzgar Offline
katzgar  Offline
Originally Posted by Wizardofaahs
Maybe, rather than incompetent and not so smart, they are not interested in US distribution or brewery tours and really don't care what you think they should do with their business model.

or maybe simple civility is beyond them.

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 233 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics66,301
Posts468,046
Members19,048
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.