Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#524499 07/11/17 06:46 AM
G
Gridguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
We have been regular visitors for 12 years, sometimes staying a month at a time. People we have met have been murdered, we still came, but for me this latest series has finally made me reconsider our Nov trip this year.

That is very sad but true. You would think the GOB would realize what crime is doing to tourism and make a real effort to combat it but all we get is lip service and no action.

Originally Posted by Gridguy
We have been regular visitors for 12 years, sometimes staying a month at a time. People we have met have been murdered, we still came, but for me this latest series has finally made me reconsider our Nov trip this year.

You will be safe. Just don't join a gang. The good people and the good times don't get attention in the press. Think about the incredible number of wacko shootings in the US - if you made travel plans based on those news stories you wouldn't go there either. I'm headed for Chicago today - high murder rate - I'm not in the least concerned. Come back to San Pedro - it's still a very nice place!

G
Gridguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Diane, I get it, I know the ropes. I understands odds, location etc. I am just at the point where a shootout on Sea grape is a little disconcerting.

My post is meant to show that there is a breaking point despite how much we love the island and people. Others who have come down with us in the past have said no thanks, there are other places, yet we persisted.

On the other hand, if we all kept coming the growth/congestion would be even worse...

I too wish for a non-violent world. I'm all about zero tolerance for crime and violence, and support every every effort to stop these things. Lawlessness sucks. I cannot arrest bad guys and probably you cannot do so either ....... but each of us can do a little to lessen the tension and hate.
We can all be nice today - that's something significant. Do what you CAN do and support those who can do the rest.
Please come back and bring the nice with you - we'll dilute the hell out of the number of jerks.

"We can all be nice today"......Thank you Diane, I agree...... Happy Friday to all my island neighbors..... smile

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
And HAPPY SATURDAY to you as well. Birds are singing. sky is soft. temps are perfect.
The world rages with injustice, torture, lies and war - innocents die and the earth is being drained of its resources ----- and yet the world still explodes with beauty, life and hope.
We live in a place where there is a whole lot more of the second than the first. I'm eternally grateful for that. And inspired by that. Please put on your armor and wage peace with all the energy you can muster.

G
Gridguy Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Judyann, Diane. Okay, okay! See you in late November. We do miss the Island everyday we are away.
Judyann, does Black Orchid do any Thanksgiving type fare? (Like lobster and stuffing?)

Oooooo Lobster Stuffing sounds great!.... Maybe I'll work with that...... This will be our 6th year offering an American Traditional Thanksgiving meal along with our regular menu (all locally sourced fresh ingredients)..... So far it's been a big hit as we book reservations long in advance..(we get great Turkeys from the Mennonites)... Complete meal including our housemade Pumpkin Pie..... Send me a PM if you would like us to hold a table for you and your family.... Looking forward to your next visit.....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
Originally Posted by Gridguy
Judyann, Diane. Okay, okay! See you in late November. We do miss the Island everyday we are away.
Judyann, does Black Orchid do any Thanksgiving type fare? (Like lobster and stuffing?)

YEA!!! So glad you decided to come back ........

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 302 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.