Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#524938 - 08/04/17 06:09 AM Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline

Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017


General Situation:
Belize NMS: Generally fair conditions prevail.
Advisories: None.
24-hour forecast: Sunny with cloudy spells today and cloudy at times tonight. A few showers and isolated thunderstorms will affect the south and some coastal areas this morning and tonight, then mainly inland and northern areas this afternoon.
Winds: East | 5-15 kts
Sea Surface Temp (°f): 85
General Outlook: For Sat. and Sat. night is for only isolated showers or isolated thunderstorms.
Daily Tropical Weather Outlook: A broad and elongated area of low pressure is producing disorganised showers and thunderstorms several hundred miles south and southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands and has a medium chance of developing over the next 48 hours. A tropical wave is producing disorganised showers and thunderstorms over the central and eastern Caribbean Sea and has a low chance of development within 48 hours. At this time, these two systems do not pose a threat to Belize.

Marine Conditions:
  Winds Seas Waves Details
Today E 5-15 kts Choppy-Moderate 3-4 ft A FEW SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS, DECREASING.
Tonight E-NE 10-20 kts Choppy-Moderate 3-5 ft A FEW SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS, MAINLY SOUTH.
Tomorrow E 10-20 kts Moderate 4-6 ft ISOLATED SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS.
Outlook E 10-20 kts Moderate 4-6 ft ISOLATED SHOWERS OR THUNDERSTORMS.

Climate Prediction Centers Central America Hazards Outlook

Current Conditions and weather history for Ambergris Caye / San Pedro

Current Caye Caulker Weather Information

Belize National Emergency Management Organization (NEMO)

Windfinder forecast for Ambergris Caye & San Pedro

  High Low
Coastal 31° C
88° F
28° C
81° F
Inland 34° C
94° F
23° C
74° F
Hills 27° C
81° F
21° C
70° F
TIDES:
High: 7:20 AM Low: 2:45 PM
High: 9:05 PM Low: 2:00 AM (Sat.)
Sunrise: 5:33 AM Moonrise: 4:10 PM
Sunset: 6:25 PM Moonset: 3:41 AM (Sat.)

CLICK here and here for detailed local weather data


#524939 - 08/04/17 06:12 AM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline
Looks as if that cloud and rain in the Caribbean will come our way in the next few days, they say <40% chance of development. The cloud just off Africa is getting more and could develop into a storm, they say 40 - 60%.

These images from last night....

[Linked Image]

This map from this morning...

[Linked Image]

#524942 - 08/04/17 06:36 AM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 5,906
Diane Campbell Offline
.
Diane Campbell  Offline
Nearby Invest just increased to a 60% chance of development over 5 days. International weather mavens don't seem too concerned but they tend not to worry about Belize much. Let's hope it's a non-event.

#524949 - 08/04/17 07:32 AM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,106
elbert Offline
elbert  Offline
On Ambergris Caye this morning the sea is calm and sky hazy. The breeze is from the Southeast at 7 mph. Our expected high is 88 f.

[Linked Image]


The Dive Shops Daily Blog
http://scubalessonsbelize.blogspot.com/
#524950 - 08/04/17 08:01 AM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline
from Crown Weather:

I think Invest 90-L (the Caribbean system) has a far higher chance of significantly developing than Invest 90-L (the eastern Atlantic system) and it is one to watch very closely.

I think there is a very high chance that Invest 90-L will develop into a tropical depression possibly as soon as the western Caribbean late Sunday or Monday. From there, I think there is a high chance that this system will go on to become a tropical storm in the Bay of Campeche on Tuesday or Wednesday.

============

so looks like if 90-L strengthens, it will be rain for us and then stronger north of us...

#524953 - 08/04/17 09:05 AM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline

From Belmopan...

A very large area of swell-ups has come off Honduras and the Caribbean, and moving towards and some already over Belize. At present most rain is out at sea, but some as been over southern Belize and now more coming in towards central Belize. But much of it is dying out before it gets to land.

Looks like today is going to be largely overcast, with patches of rain, some could be heavy.


Temperatures in Belmopan :
( Coast usually cooler, hills even cooler ) Thu max. 31C 88F Last night min. 26C 77F

Ambergris Caye:
https://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:BHXX0104;loctype:1
Belmopan:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=MD1029#history
Caye Caulker:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IBELIZED2#history


#524961 - 08/04/17 05:59 PM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline

A fair amount of rain coming into central Belize at present, and a little up north.





#524962 - 08/04/17 06:13 PM Re: Belize Weather Forecast: August 4, 2017 [Re: Marty]  
Joined: Oct 1999
Posts: 56,677
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline

You may well have been hearing the rain coming into Belize this evening. As you can see there is a whole area of activity coming over Belize right now. That earlier cloud, potential storm in the Caribbean, is moving up over Porto Rico into the Atlantic presently. The other potential storm area in the east Atlantic still has not formed into anything. BUT there are several very active ITCZ swell-ups coming off South America into the central Caribbean, that could pose a problem for us in a few days time.

https://www.wunderground.com/cat6/two-tropical-systems-watch-99l-eastern-atlantic-90l-caribbean






Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!


Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
February
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Loansum-Al K, 4 invisible), 228 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics66,289
Posts468,016
Members19,046
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007



AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0