Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525099 - 08/11/17 05:02 AM Inspector Fitzroy Out In a Flash  
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline
No one has been detained for the aggravated assault of Kevin Brown - but we know that eyewitnesses have given police the names of men who were involved in the melee. And those suspects do not include the Castro brothers, Wasani and Jafari. Yesterday police press officer Inspector Fitzroy Yearwood erroneously sent out information that they were wanted. His release recounted the incident, and concluded, quote, "Police are looking for the Castro brothers for questioning."

Well, that was the last release he'll ever send! That's because Inspector Yearwood has been transferred out of the public relations office to precinct three effective immediately. He told LOVE FM that he asked for the transfer, while police sources told us that he was transferred by the acting OC of Eastern Division, Edward Broaster. Broaster today confirmed that he effected the transfer because he was not satisfied with Yearwood's work ethic. He stresses it had nothing at all to do with yesterday's release.

But, the release still did go out there - and made headlines on many news outlets - but not this one because we knew that the Castro's were not suspects in this incident - in fact, one of them wasn't even in the country.

Today, the police press office tried to backtrack on that pronouncement, saying, quote, "there was no report made against (the Castro's)," unquote, and that Inspector Yearwood quote, "unfortunately (had it wrong)" and that quote, "he is no longer working with us." The police press office added, quote, "the Castro brothers were never detained and no report was made against them."

And while all this drama surrounds the case, Kevin Brown continues to recover from his massive head injury - and we are told one of the principal suspects has left the country. On Sunday night in San Pedro, Brown and a few other friends - all basketballers - were surrounded by a mob of more than 15 men and he was knocked out with a punch. From there someone threw a vase from the second floor on his head. It happened near the Banana Beach resort which captured it on security camera. The dispute was over a bracelet.

Channel 7

#525129 - 08/12/17 05:33 AM Re: Inspector Fitzroy Out In a Flash [Re: Marty]  
Marty Offline
Marty  Offline

Veteran Officer Fitzroy Yearwood Challenges Transfer, Castro Story

Inspector Fitzroy Yearwood was summarily transferred from his post as a Media Relations Officer on Wednesday and is now preparing himself for legal action against the Belize Police Department.  His abrupt removal from that unit has led many to believe that it is the result of him releasing a police report in which brothers Wasani and Jafari Castro were wanted for questioning by San Pedro police.  The siblings are reportedly persons of interest in connection with an incident during which twenty-one-year-old Kevin Brown was beaten into unconsciousness last weekend in San Pedro.  Within a few hours of releasing that information, Yearwood was reassigned to the post of Relief Commander at the Queen Street Police Station.  That decision to relocate the career policeman was taken by Assistant Commissioner of Police Edward Broaster, who says that the transfer is in no way the result of that controversial report being released to the media.  But Yearwood is not taking his new placement in stride, today he responded stridently to allegations being made that he erroneously published the name of the Castro brothers in Wednesday’s sitrep.

On the Phone: Insp. Fitzroy Yearwood, Former Media Relations Officer

“I did not know that I got an immediate transfer until I saw it on the news yesterday.  As far as I know, I have a whole lot of personal issues that I’m dealing with and I requested some leave to deal with it.  I cannot go in depth to explain that but when I watched the news last night I heard something about my work ethics.  I do not like when I am being criticized by someone that displays no kind of ethics at all and then worst, to criticize my work ethics.  Today makes twenty-one years I am serving the people of Belize.  I do not serve any other police officer, I serve my country and if they want to criticize me publicly then bring your evidence forth.  But as far as I know, I have heard a rumor, something about the Castro brothers and a report.  I do not put out reports that are not sent or forwarded to me by officers commanding various formations.  I received a report from ASP Diane Augustine where she was sorting the Castro brothers in connection with a beating of Kevin Brown, I think, and I sent out the information to the media.  I have nothing to apologize for because that’s my job, I send out reports.  Whosoever wants to quote me or sue me, I welcome any lawsuit because I have everything saved and I do not do things out of malice.  I am not anyone that believes I should mislead the general public, but if something is sent to my desk it is my responsibility ton seek the assistance of the public to try and solve the crime.  I do not care whose son it is, I do not care who it is.  As long as you are wanted and it’s sent to my desk I will send it out.  You can be a Yearwood and I will send that out.  So I will not say anything that I did wrong and I have my proof with me and if they intend to continue badgering me I intend to take them to court because my name will not be condemned by anyone because I have built that name, I love my name and I will keep my name.”

Channel 5

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (1 invisible), 240 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics65,829
Posts466,975
Members18,988
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.