Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
Interested persons can become a certified tour guide through The National Tour Guide Training Program, which consists of the General Core and Professional Core modules, and Specialization training. The General Core modules include basic knowledge such as history and geography of Belize, Belize's governance structure, an introduction to Belize's tourism product, laws and regulations about or impacting tour guide and tourism activities, and contemporary issues affecting the Belizean society.

The Professional Core modules include a more in depth training of Customer Seruice, Promoting Tourism Products and Services, Developing Workplace Communication Skills & Techniques, and Conducting Tours. After completion of the General Core and the Professional Core modules, participants then select a specialization training (e.g. Archaeology, Birding, Advanced Marine, Dining, etc.) to complete the training program thus paving the way for application of his/her tour guide license.

[Linked Image]

Marty, You have to be a Belizean citizen to be a tour guide correct? A friend was asking me who had residency. Thanks

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
I am not certain, maybe give BTB a call at 227-2420. I'll ask around also...

Thanks

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
You do have to be a Belizean citizen to be a tour guide, and the penalty for being a guide without a license is harsh. jail and thousands of dollars.

Thank you, that is what I told him but some people think they know better than the law! Learn the hard way!

I'm a Belizean Tour Guide born in the USA.
A decade or so ago I was told by the BTB I would have to become a citizen to keep my job so i applied for citizenship and got it.
Yes, a fluke beginning but I developed patriotism in my struggle to live here. I'm now a proud Belizean and love my country.
Every once and awhile I hear some remark about discriminating between born in Belize and naturalized citizenship. I usually dismiss it and consider the source an uneducated misinformed redneck type of person but when I'm pointed out as American Born Belizean by a government agency I'm ready to fight. Belize is a young country and government needs some time to mature.
There are citizens and there are non citizens but no citizen is less of one because of where they were born.

White Sands Dive Shop
https://whitesandsdiveshop.com/
Very true elbert!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 284 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.