Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#525403 08/24/17 05:44 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

This morning I got a phone call from Belize Telemedia asking if I had received the letter about their new fiber optic internet. The rep. Brianna went onto explain that they had changed the deadline to September 14th - I was thankful, as the previous one was already passed and I hadn't received the letter.

My new plan will be $99 and is 10 Mbps. For those that do not own their own modem like I do, add $10. As it stands now, I am paying $84 for 2 Mbps. With my upgrade I will get 6 GB of data monthly on my phone plus 100 minutes free talk and a bonus SIM chip. Currently I pay $39.99 on my BTL internet bill for 2 GB internet on my phone with no free minutes.

As far as the minutes go I wanted to know if they roll over at the end of the month. The answer was twofold, in online BTL chat help, I was told the minutes and data get replenished at the end of my bill cycle and what was not used will be expire. In Brianna's reply answering that question she said yes the minutes roll over. I will just have to wait and see what happens, either way I still come out on top. I was told I did not have to go into the office and it could all be done by email. Once I get confirmed it is processed I will likely stop by the Belize Telemedia office just north of town to make sure. I will need to get my SIM card anyways.

Click here to read the rest of the article in Tacogirl's Blog

That is fantastic!!

I'm happier than a pig in s__t...a foot on the sand...and a Belikin in my hand!
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
From a friend...

Wow we got the new fiber optic cable hooked up yesterday and it's FAST. It makes me blink .
It seems almost instant.

I had a visit from BTL men yesterday - they said all I have to do to get ready is lay the pipe.

If you don't get the joke, ask around.

in central Indiana the subcontractor laying fiber optic cable have ruptured the gas lines in two cities a total of 20 seperate times

S
S
Best thing BTL has done for us ever. I signed up for 20Mb residential and my total phone bill will drop by $170BZ a month. I already have it installed at Anil Mar at 20Mb and it's fast and stable. Seascape Villas was done on Tuesday and it only took about 2 hours to run the cable from the post and get it hooked up at 10Mb up and down, huge difference over the 8Mb we were paying for and were lucky to get 4Mb when it was working. I have 4 more installs scheduled for Solaria Villas next week. They're moving fast.

B
B4B Offline
B
Does anyone have reliable information regarding how far south the fiber optic is going?

I have heard from different BTL employees....only as far as Victoria House....to all of the way to the end of the island. The same employee that told me to the end of the island also responded that it was going a little past Pelican Reef when I told him I heard it would stop at Pelican Reef. So the story changes mid conversation! LOL!

Thanks!

Life is too short to drink cheap wine!
S
S
Pelican Reef Villas on the East side and just before the barges on the West side. I've seen their online map of drop locations.

Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

San Pedro High Is First School To Receive New DigiNet Fiber Optic Internet

San Pedro High School and Belize Telemedia (BTL) celebrated in a brief ceremony after classes yesterday, Wednesday, September 6, 2017, the installation to the school of DigiNet, the fastest internet service in the country.

San Pedro High is the first school on Ambergris Caye to have access to the DigiNet service as part of BTL's Internet to School Program. DigiNet will boost the school's internet speed from 8Mbps to 60Mbps, making internet more reliable to the faculty and student body.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the Ambergris Today

Belize Telemedia launches DigINET in San Pedro High School

SPHS; the first in Belize to get free Diginet High Speed Service
On Wednesday September 6th, a ceremony was held at the San Pedro High School (SPHS), organized by Belize Telemedia Limited (BTL). With the aim to officially launch the Diginet program at the school, SPHS becomes the first secondary institution to receive this program across the country. Attending the ceremony were BTL staff, San Pedro Town council members and the media, along with school staff and students. With the new internet program, the high school internet speed will upgrade from 8MB to 60MB. The Diginet is not in efficient use as yet, as the principal, along with the school committee will decide how it will be offered to the students. To learn more about the Diginet program you can visit www.digicell.bz/en/diginet. This program will be granted free to all secondary institutions across the country.

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.