Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#526311 10/11/17 10:09 AM
N
OP Offline
N
Hello everyone,
I am in the works of starting up a personal chef service in the Placencia area. I currently own one in Austin, TX. My goal is to bring the great foods of Belize into a fine dining experience in the comfort of your home, pop up dinners in various locations, catered events and weekly meals for folks focusing on health issues or who are too busy to cook during the week. My plan is to bring all of the great local culinary stars together to expand into a catering company. I am working on my self employed work permit and researching the process of getting residency started. I am trying to connect with as many people before we make the big move within the next couple of years. My husband, daughter and I come to visit multiple times a year as we have family in Belize city as well as Placencia...My husband is a veteran and artist that will be looking into work as well. All the advice about the area will be much needed as well as meeting locals who we can get to know. smile Thanks and cheers to you all!

chef page

Last edited by natalieb37; 10/11/17 10:29 AM.

natalie blackburn
K
K
Have you confirmed there is sufficient people with income to afford your service?

N
OP Offline
N
I have gotten a couple people interested in the packaged meals but the catered events usually come with people visiting the area, staying in a rental house. I am still looking into doing reasonable priced pop up dinners for the locals as well though. Still researching a good fitting price that will be right for the area. Thanks for your reply!

natalie blackburn
In my opinion Placencia has some of the best chefs and restaurants in abundance already, would be a hard market to break into. Just my opinion

N
OP Offline
N
I agree, I am trying to start up something that will bring that into your residence or desired location. My plan is to hire contract chefs and give multiple jobs to different catering requests

natalie blackburn

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.