Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#526839 11/04/17 08:50 AM
M
Meryl36 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Everyone,
hubby & I are coming back for second visit to AC next Thursday. I just checked the weather & it said rainy for every day we're gonna be there! Trying to figure out what to pack. Do ya'll think it'll be raining all day or just spotty showers? If the forecast says rain, does that mean it'll rain all over the island or just in certain areas. I'm from TX so a high of 80 degrees doesn't sound that warm to me. Wondering if i should pack more long pants than shorts.
Any advice or your thoughts on chances for sun would be appreciated.
Thanks
Meryl

Hi Meryl
At this time of year weather is "in transition" ...... it was a bit gray yesterday with sprinkles and today it is crisp, clear and sunny.
Except for some gloomy times in October it rarely rains all day. The weather forecast on this webpage is usually a bit more helpful than ones from elsewhere. I would bring a rain poncho just in case. As for long or short pants, it's up to you. Welcome back!

M
Meryl36 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Hi Diane,
thanks for the reply. I was kinda bummed cause i really NEED to sit out in the sun & relax but as long as it doesn't rain all day i'm sure it will be fine. I'll keep checking the weather on this page & just hope for the best. In any case, it'll be better in AC than it is here in TX :-).
can't wait for Thursday!

A pair of light weight long pants and long sleeved shirt is a good idea for those early morning and dusk time mosquitoes.
You are right - we get so used to hot weather that anything below 80 seems cold. I had to resort to shirts with sleeves in them last week --- but back to tank tops today. So as my mother would say "you just never know when you get up in the morning."

Lots of people bring paperback books and leave them to be passed around..

Sorry I'll miss yo - I leave on Tuesday.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
M
Meryl36 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Yup got two pairs of jeans & I'll be wearing a long sleeve shirt on the plane so i've got that covered. Can ya'll tell I'm excited, I've already OVER packed shorts, tank tops & sun dresses and its only Sunday night. I'll be a wrinkled mess by the time i get there but at least I'll have enough to wear LOL.
Thanks for the advice :-)
Meryl

Ya still got time to correct yourself...................1/2 the clothes, 2x the $$ timeless rule of thumb

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
klcman #526875 11/06/17 08:46 PM
M
Meryl36 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I tried i really did but i was only able to part with 4 t-shirts LOL. Maybe i'll Look at it again tomorrow. I know i should be better & learn to travel lite but I'm always worried I'll need something. Too materialist i guess. Hopefully some time on the island will teach me to give up my materialist ways.....but I'll never give up my electronics :-) :-)

It's the electronics that will keep you from relaxing.

J
J
OMG are we really trying to help someone pack...even more hilarious someone is asking

Originally Posted by Jameela01
OMG are we really trying to help someone pack...even more hilarious someone is asking

Hey its a friendly kind of place!! All good ....... AND please enjoy every minute you are here --- we love our visitors. We really do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 236 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.