Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
OP Offline
S
I should know better. I cut my self on an old conch shell: a shallow three inch long cut. I didn't clean it out.

It's three weeks later and I had to make an incision in my finger about 1/16" deep to drain what ever was going on in there. The infection was deeper than the cut. The surface was healed (but scared which is unusual for a shallow cut).

If you abraid yourself on anything that has marine growth clean it out. I knew better..must have been the Belekin.

B
B
Thanks sscuba --- we're going down on 4/14. Your message reminded me to pack some antibiotic ointment.

H
H
Sscubabob...OH MAN, you really DID cut your hand! [Linked Image]

S
OP Offline
S
No problem mon. I think I could cut myself on a beachball if that was the only thing around. I gues it's my special gift (can I return it?).

T
T
I always try to bring a little vial of hydrogen peroxide, small tube of antibiotic ointment, aloe vera gel (for sunburn and bug bites)and plenty of band aids. Yeah, a small cut, exposed to tropical weather and the "elements", sun, surf, etc., can turn really nasty.

If you are ever in a bind, use lime juice. Hurts like hell, but we've never had a cut go bad on us. Oddly enough, lime juice is always available.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Getting cut on coral can be a nasty business as well. There is something in the coral that causes a very bad infection, and it doesn't respond to typicla stuff. My doctor was a diver and gave us a small vial of medicine special for "sea cuts". Be damned if I know what it is, but it was something really weird, like it's normally used for ear infections or something. Ask your doctor. As I recall it was inexpensive. M husband cut his thigh on some coral and it left an ugly scar. You're right. They don't heal well. That's why we asked the doctor about it on our next trip. Wish I knew more, but coral cuts can be very bad.
Debbie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.