FOR TODAY'S BELIZE WEATHER, CLICK HERE

Click for our Daily Tropical Weather Report.

Specials and Events

Last night's TV news on Channel 7, Channel 5, LOVETV, PGTV, West Vision (Cayo) and CTV 3. Also with the most recent Open Your Eyes, and other specials

The San Pedro Sun

Wolfe’s Woofer: Gone Fishing
“Jump in the boat, Mr. Dennis,” Mario said. “We gonna catch some big ones today.” Juan, Pablo, and Moses were already on board and we stopped to pick up Vernon before we got out of town. Two miles past Tres Coco’s the boat motor sputtered and died. “Oh, man!” Mario said. “I forgot to put gas in.” “We can still fish,” Moses said. “This new resort right over there got nothing built but the dock. We can fish off the dock until the water taxi passes and then we’ll send somebody for gas.” After we tied up the boat Mario said, “We got one more big problem. We were counting on Mr. Dennis to buy us some beers but we forgot that, too.”

Adopt a Bear returns for the third time to the island
As the Christmas holidays draw near, the Adopt a Bear initiative has returned to Ambergris Caye. The project, sponsored by Raise Me Up, gives individuals in the community the opportunity to gift a Christmas present to one child whose parents are not able to do so. The Adopt a Bear program began in 2014 and was founded by the owner of Sandbar Hostel and Restaurant, Britney O’Daniel and Kaitlin McWhorter of Projects Abroad with the aim to bring happiness to the less fortunate children on the island. It involves residents and visitors choosing a bear ornament from a Christmas tree at participating locations. The bear is labeled with the name, gender, and age of a child, as well as their dream gift. By adopting a bear, you are committing to purchase three items for the respective child; something they need, an educational item, and their wish gift written on the bear.

Doctor Love: Stupid Drunk
Dear Doctor Love, One night after a party I had too much to drink and I ended up hooking up with my best guy friend. It was a one-time thing and I really wish it hadn’t happened. Now he thinks he is in love with me. He has a girlfriend and he wants to break up with her and get together. I am single and I don’t want a relationship. I really messed up a friendship and I want it back the way it was. How do I get out of this? /s/ Stupid Drunk

Misc Belizean Sources

mzz

3rd round of our Water Cleanup Campaign in Corozal
TOTAL SO FAR: 71 bags of trash & 30 tyres!!!~Saturday Nov 25 was a wonderful day for all of us who dedicated some time to taking care of our beautiful Corozal Bay. Our 3rd round of our Water Cleanup Campaign yielded 25 large garbage bags of whole bottles, broken bottles, metal pieces, plastics, fishing gear and articles of clothing and 9 tyres. To date, we have removed 71 bags of trash and 30 tyres. While the numbers speak poorly of us as a society that is not conscious enough to properly dispose of our trash, the numbers also reflect the productivity and success of the initiative started by Mr. Lincoln E. Eiley. What started with his little family has grown into something that brings us together as community members, as the CJC EAGLEs Environmental Club, CEMJC Pioneers and Oceana Wavemakers to achieve the same objectives.

Why isn’t the DOE and Natural Resource Ministry Addressing this illegal groyne/groin at the Caye Caulker split?
It Disrupts normal current flow and movement of sedimentation. While it will allow sand to build up at the split but it will also cause erosion on other parts of the island. Does Caye Caulker have a Village Council? When will we begin to love our country and educate and obey laws. The responsibility lies at the Ministry of Natural Resources which grants a licence for the construction of groynes and piers. When they receive an application, they determine if DOE needs to be involved depending on the scope of activities and/or expected environmental impact.

Commentary: Now is the time for Belizean politicians to put their people and country first
Last week Wednesday, the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), which is the final court for our country of Belize, ruled that our government must pay BZ$90 million to another Michael Ashcroft entity, namely, the Belize Bank Limited. The CCJ sided with Belize Bank Limited, which had secured an arbitration award against the government of Belize since 2013 before the London Court of International Arbitration tribunal. Back then the London tribunal had ordered the Belize government to pay the bank $35,895,509.46, along with interest of 17 percent, which came up to a cost of £536,817.71. As a Belizean citizen I am opposed having our people and country pay this money and I am encouraging all Belizeans to stand up against paying it and to lobby their area representatives to vote against it as well. These are my reasons why: 1. Before the money was sought, the then Prime Minister Said Musa should have brought a proposal to the National Assembly for our representatives to approve or disapprove the loan;

Caye Caulker Food Handler's Certificates
All Individuals that are interested in obtaining a Food Handlers Certificate, please note that the next class will be on December 7th, 2017 at 9:00am, Caye Caulker Community Centre.

Security Forces Ride To The Border
Come join our country’s security services as they ride to the border. The ride is open to all members of the public who has an interest in getting to know our southern border while challenging themselves in a 30-mile ride. DATE: 9th December 2017, DEPARTURE TIME: 6:30 AM from PG TOWN, FREE REGISTRATION @ 6:00 AM. The Rider includes 2 refreshment stops: at the half way point going and on the return leg. The security forces will be doing a brief presentation at the Jalacte/ Tree tops border out post and at the conclusion at FWC. Lunch will be provided for all following the briefing at FWC.

TACOS FEST FINALS: NICH WON: 1 Hr;31 mins;51 secs

BELIZE FISHING REPORT: Weeks of Nov. 13th - Nov. 19th, 2017
The larger bonefish continue to hang around on the flats. Sightings of five to six pounders are becoming the norm as the water continues to cool. Big numbers of bonefish were caught in a single day of fishing. Each Bonefishing angler is landing at least several larger fish as part of their daily total. It is a great time to be on the flats Bonefishing! . The tarpon are around in fairly large numbers but are not as eager to play as the bonefish and permit. The tide and wind have made some of the tarpon fishing days difficult, but anglers continue to have some success. The snook bite has been ramping up so lots of fisherman going after those guys using streamer patterns. Be sure to come prepared for snook and have a little extra fun and the chance at a Super Slam.

The Reporter

Police arrest man for weed discovery in OW; take rifle off city streets
Drug and firearm raid in Belize City and Orange Walk late last week led to the discovery of parcels of marijuana, a rifle, and several rounds of ammunition. On Friday morning, Orange Walk police searched a farm in Fire Burn village, which led to the discovery of 3 marijuana plants and 803 grams (close to 2 pounds) of cannabis. Police have charged Guillermo Garcia, 58, a Salvadorian farmer of Fire Burn, with “drug trafficking” and “cultivation of cannabis.” Police say he was present at the time of the search.

Ministers say they will vote against motion for GOB to pay Belize Bank $90 Million
Several ministers of government have gone on record to say they will vote against a motion, whenever it is brought up in the House by Prime Minister Dean Barrow, to have the government pay the Belize Bank some $90 Million, as ordered by the Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ). The money has to be paid out of the Consolidated Revenue Fund, and only the House of Representatives can vote for that to happen. The Opposition, People’s United Party (PUP) Deputy Leader, Julius Espat reminded Friday that if they go against the Court’s decision, it is disrespect. “What signal are you sending in the foreign market with foreign direct investors that you are mal pago? …

Orange Walk town holds annual tacos fest
Since 7:00 this morning – and running until the last taco is served – the Banquitas House of Culture in Orange Walk town is holding that 7th annual Tacos Festival. The event has grown over the years to include tacos of every type made in Belize, done with different techniques and uniqueness to deliver that added kick. Some of these include cooking the meat underground for 24 hours, cooking the meat three times – each time adding different ingredients, or serving combinations of meat for extra flavour. Today, aside from getting tasty tacos at reasonable prices, tacos lovers can also purchase the cooked meat of their choice by the pound. Some tacos vendors are also offering hand-mae corn tortillas, instead of the thinner, factory-made ones. The event also includes entertainment for the children and giveaways. A canoe race also took place earlier, with Koop Sheet Metal, NICH, and Mountain Boys placing as the top three finishers of 10 teams.

Blogs

Gorgeous November Continues with our First Real Cold Front of the Season
After a long sweaty summer, the gorgeous crispy clear sunny gorgeous weather continues. Gorgeous I say. Wait! You might say… Hasn’t she written this blog post 3x this week? Perhaps I have. But honestly…it’s THAT good. Weather that has you grabbing a long sleeved shirt in the evening but in your bathing suit during the day. Here is the forecast — barely touching 80 degrees over the next few days…northerly breeze. LE sigh… You’ll understand why I JUST WON’T STOP going on and on and on…here are some pictures from this weekend.

2017 Taco Fest Held at Banquitas House of Culture in Orange Walk
On November 26, 2017 I travelled to Orange Walk, Belize to witness the 7th annual Tacos Festival inside Banquitas House Culture in Orange Walk. And, As I arrived at the event it was all about tacos being served. Since 7:00am that morning a number of booths where serving Original tacos which they served until the last tacos was done. Over the last few years since the beginning of the taco fest, the event has been growing bigger every year. Surprisingly, I saw many booths as I arrived serving tacos to clients. Tacos are originally made in Orange Walk which makes Orange Walk famous for its town. Tacos where included from various type that is made in Belize, done with different techniques and uniqueness to deliver that added tasteful meat taste.

Sometimes words fail when trying to describe Paradise in Belize but a picture will do
Lately, I’ve been trying to figure out how Paradise and Belize fit together. I have pages and pages of failed writing attempts. Sometimes, words aren’t what is called for. This morning, it took only one photograph with my humble iPod to make all those words moot. I will say, Paradise lasted but a moment and it felt eternal. Taken from the beach at Tres Cocos Resort in North Ambergris Caye, Belize. I’ll just step out of the picture now. Have a wonderful day.

International Sourcesizz

Heat in Belize! Allie Ayers places strategically placed hand over exposed cleavage as she rocks bathing suit for Sports Illustrated
She is in the final six of the Sports Illustrated open casting-call and search. And Allie Ayers posed up a storm in a leafy one-piece in Belize, appearing in a GIF the mag posted on its Instagram page this Sunday. The 23-year-old's left strap fell off her shoulder, and the side of the swimsuit slid down - but she held a hand over her bosom to ensure that she stuck to Instagram's Community Guidelines.

Videos

• Behind the scenes of the 2018 Belikin Beer Calendar Shoot, 3min.

• Orange walk taco fest 2017 being celebrated at Orange walk, 5min.

• LES GARDIENS DU REEF, 55min. Le Belize possède la plus grande barrière de corail de l'hémisphère nord, un écosystème unique au monde et pourtant si fragile, le Grand Reef est aujourd'hui classé patrimoine en péril par l'UNESCO.

• COULEURS BELIZE, 51min. Le Belize est l'un des plus petit état d'Amérique Centrale et le seul pays de la région dont l'Anglais est la langue officielle. Sa population cosmopolite est composée de Créole, de Garifuna, de Maya, de Metizios, de descendants anglais et espagnols et de migrants latinos des pays limitrophes.

• San Pedro, Belize, 2min. Group trip to San Pedro, Belize.

• SHARK RAY ALLEY TRIP IN BELIZE, 4min. This is a trip we took to Shark Ray Alley in front Caye Caulker in Belize for the first time. A recommendation for any tourist going to Belize. A very great experience.

• Belize Scuba, 2min. Wall dive and a shallow reef dive @ Gladdens Spit.

• BELIZE TRIP, 4min. BELIZE TRIP LAMANAI CAYE CAULKER SAN PEDRO BELIZE CITY.

• Allie Ayers smolders in a swimsuit for SI in Belize, 7.5min. Heat in Belize! Allie Ayers places strategically placed hand over exposed cleavage as she rocks bathing suit for Sports Illustrated.

• Belize 2017 | Sony a6000 + Dji Mavic Pro, 3.5min. Exploring San Pedro in Belize

• Large Cat Prints in Belize Jungle, 1/2min. We were walking along this river, in jaguar country. We were in the jungles of Belize. It was beautiful. It was February 2007.

• Cycling In San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Belize 11 23 17, 4min.

• The Beautiful Ambergris Caye, Belize 11 22 17, 5min.

• Beautiful Place To Visit In Belize, 10.5min.