Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
sharri Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Rrgarding open-water dive certification...we're staying at Banana Beach 7 days. Asked the resort to set up the dives for my husband and if it was possible to get the 4 dives(required)done in 1-2 days(since we'd only have 4 days of the trip left). Will anyone else be needing to do that while we are there(April 16-23) or what have others done in the past for their PADI open-water requirements? Also, are travelers checks accepted pretty much anywhere on Ambergrise Caye? See you all soon!! Sharri

I
I
I can't help with the diving thing, but in my experiences, travelers checks are accepted everywhere on Ambergris. I usually take most of my money this way just because I feel safer. Melisssa

C
C
Sharri,
My husband and I were certified w/Amigos del Mar when we were there. We did dives every day --two a day I think for 4 days, then a few more after we were certified. I bet they could have him do three dives in two days. You'll have to ask. Most of the operators seem to be pretty flexible.
They'll have him do different exercises--you can tell him he'll have to repeat a lot of the stuff he did in the pool or quarry where he took his classes. We were paired with two other guys who were doing the certification too. That was kinda neat, cuz we were with the same guys every day and made some new friends...
But the cool thing is, you are diving, getting to see stuff, and they are checking out your skills all at once.
Hope to run in to you--we'll be there the same time frame, staying at Coconuts.

I am sure he'll enjoy it!

D
D
I would dive with the most proffesional..........Larry Parker's

K
KJ Offline
K
We just got back from Ambergris yesterday. Our two teens did the classroom and pool class at home and did the open water portions with Happy and Grumpy. We HIGHLY recommend them. They mainly do instruction for PADI, and not a dive shop. What we liked about them is they were private, you just need two people to do it privatily. They have a very good boat, and there equipment is in good condition. Where ever you dive you may want references from people who had dive lately, all dive shops are not the same down there. They will pick you up at your hotel, it is two of them working with you, and they are thorough, don't skip a thing. They are on the main web page under Happy and Grumpy, and also under the dive portion of the web site.
Good Luck and enjoy diving.
KJ

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.