Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#526956 - 11/09/17 06:50 PM 2000 FORD EXPEDITION, 5.4, AUTOMATIC, PW, PB  
CHUNO Offline
CHUNO  Offline
Former Galveston Fire Department SUV that I brought in a container with a bunch of other stuff.

Has less than 110 k miles...starts, stops, runs and drives fine. Built on the same platform as the F series trucks. Has the heavy duty drivetrain, 4r100 transmission, limited slip differential, similar to the Ford Superduty line. Would make a great tow vehicle with a better hitch. Only has the bumper hitch right now.

All the fluids are very clean, no smoke, no blowby and the gauges are always in the middle of the range. Rear seats lay down giving 8 feet of interior space with 4 feet between the wheel wells. No cracked glass. Has been stone reliable for me the last 4 years. Only driven about 3000 miles in Belize.

Some negatives:

Battery getting anemic.
Tires have decent tread, but getting old. OK spare.
Some rust on the rocker panels and DS rear door.
AC needs recharge.
One door gasket is missing.
Fuel gauge sending unit sometimes erratic.
Front PS inner fender is loose.
Clear coat has gotten Belize sunburn.
Hatch lock is dicey and hatchback struts are weak.
CEL comes and goes. Never scanned it, but has no drivability issues.
High beam has an electrical gremlin.
Taillights are out. Brake lights and blinkers are ok.
Plate is expired. Transport failed me 3 years ago for the high beam, so I just drive with it expired.
Has a pretty nice FD paint scheme that has gotten me out of a ticket more than once.

$7900 bzd or make a reasonable offer. Too many other projects going on right now, and too lazy to fix. Bring some insurance and drive it home. North Belize near Orchid Bay. Belizeora@aol.com

Attached Files
IMG_20171202_133100.jpg (29 downloads)
IMG_20171202_133143.jpg (15 downloads)
Last edited by CHUNO; 12/04/17 09:09 AM.
#527454 - 12/02/17 05:44 PM Re: 2000 FORD EXPEDITION, 5.4, AUTOMATIC, PW, PB [Re: CHUNO]  
CHUNO Offline
CHUNO  Offline
Does not look as good in person, as it does in the pictures.

This truck was retired as a part of normal fleet renewal. Very well maintained by the FD with all maintenance done per the manufacturer schedule. I have also pressure washed the chassis regularly, so it doesn't have any significant frame rot.

Selling because I have an ATV, and just don't drive it much anymore. Good alternative to renting a car at 95 dollars a day, and a much better risk than most of the cars for sale in BZ.

Last edited by CHUNO; 12/08/17 01:47 PM.

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
December
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 213 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics65,804
Posts466,878
Members18,983
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.