Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

David Cannon, the adoptive father of Faye Lin Cannon and her three sisters, received the best Christmas present on Wednesday, December 20th, after the family court in Belize City granted him complete custody of his three daughters Zoe, Mia and Siri. Cannon had been battling to gain custody of his three daughters since July of this year when they were put under the care of Belize Human Services Department after their sister, 13-year-old Faye Lin was found dead in her bedroom on July 3rd. Prior to the incident, the children were living with their adoptive mother Anke Doehm and her husband David Dohem on Ambergris Caye. Both were arrested after they became the prime suspects of Faye's death following a post-mortem examination revealing that the little girl was murdered and sexually abused.

Cannon, who resides in the United States of America, dropped everything he was doing and traveled to Belize as soon as he heard of the tragedy. Since July he has been temporarily living in Belize following the case which was officially open at the Family Court on October 5th. "I am very happy with the ruling," Cannon told The San Pedro Sun. "I think the judge, based on overwhelming evidence made the decision that is in the best interest of my daughters and that I should be awarded legal custody and they should live with me in the U.S," Cannon added that they will be back home in the U.S in time for Christmas.

Click here to read the rest of the article in the San Pedro Sun

I wonder how this effects the fact that California granted custody to Aneke? Does the Belize ruling have any effect on that or will he have to fight her there as well?

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.