Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
N
N
Beaches don't occur naturally on CC because it's a mangrove island protected by the barrier reef. There is none of the gentle lapping that forms beaches naturally. Because tourist like them, the village had made some beaches along the front. They are not usually particularly crowded because beaches aren't really what the caye is about. Most swimming is done of piers and on boat trips to the reef to dive and snorkel. There's a nice pier in front of Popeye's.

Day trips are easy to arrange even in high season. One of my favorite tour operators, Richard's Adventures, is housed at Popeye's. Great for snorkeling and Estuary tours.

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
We don't usually swim a lot at the beach. Just an occasional dip in the water to cool off. We do enjoy sitting out in the at the waters edge enjoying the views and listening to the waves.

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I have heard good things of Richards. Glad to hear day trips won't be a problem . I was hoping there was not going to be a need to book in advance of our trip. Usually we don't make too many plans in advance of our days on vacation. We just "wing it" once we arrive. One just really never knows when the day will call for doing absolutely nothing.

N
N
On Caye Caulker I think it's definitely better not to pre-book. Walk around and see what different operators offer. In high season you may not be able to go on the day you book but you can for sure get on a tour. I've gone on snorkel tours where the boat was so full I knew I would be miserable and I like the option of backing out. It's all about going slow here smile

N
N
Plenty of places for that! Also, consider spending a few hours at KOKO King on the north side. It's kind of a resort with no rooms yet but a nice beach with a good restaurant and bar. They provide fun floaty toys for swimming and they have a beach.

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That sounds interesting. I will have to check into KOKO King. Sounds like it might be a good spot to spend a day or two. Another question for those who travel on the island. How does tipping work there? Is it like the states and expected? Or is it like the French where it is already included in the price. I just want to make sure we are being fair with everyone. Thanks in dance for your help.

N
N
People tip all over the place, I think. As a tourist destination people bring their tipping practices with them. I usually tip about 15%, more for excellent service and for services I use regularly, like the guys I dive with and my amazing massage therapist.

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
That is what I was thinking. We will do as we usually do. My wife loves to get massages when we are on vacation. If you don't don't who do you use for a massage therapist. Always looking for good advice. Thanks.

N
N
Lola at Ix'chel Day Spa located near the split is my go to MT. She does a variety of types of massage. I just had a hot stone massage and it was amazing. You can do them in their shop or on the beach. Very competitive pricing, too.

M
mprevo Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for all of the advice everyone. Half of the fun of a vacation for me is getting to know the place a little before we arrive. Is there any places, things, or operators we should try avoid?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day