Ambergris Caye Caye Caulker HELP! Visitor Center Businesses
BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#528103 - 01/05/18 06:10 AM Using US Cell Phone  
mprevo Offline
mprevo  Offline
When we arrive in Caye Caulker this February I hope to be able to use by Verizon cell phone to stay in touch with work and family. I also hope to be able to use it for local calls if the need arises. I do have an International plan and I understand how the fees to my account work. The question for you folks is how do I dial a local number once I am in CC? For instance say I want to call 223-0033 (Ocean Ferry Belize). What is the exact way I need to enter the number into my phone? Thanks

#528106 - 01/05/18 06:40 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: mprevo]  
bobcat bill Offline
bobcat bill  Offline
i use an unlocked GSM phone & when I get to San Pedro Just change the SIM card which i got at BTL The *** with international plan I have a local number the cost is a lot less With using PLANS you have dial a whole bunch of numbers & hope it rings in C C 011-501-XXX-XXXX where as with local number just dial XXX-XXXX there places around that you rent a phone already set up with a local number the choice is yours good luck

#528109 - 01/05/18 07:03 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: bobcat bill]  
mprevo Offline
mprevo  Offline
I don't plan on making many (if any) local calls I just wanted to know how in case an emergency occurs. A new sim card won't work for me because I do need to keep my phone number for work issues and calls. So basically i need to add 011-501 in front of the local number, That helps me out a bunch. Thanks.

#528110 - 01/05/18 07:09 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: mprevo]  
Richard Chapman Offline
Richard Chapman  Offline
I tried a Google Fi phone when I traveled to China in 2017, it worked so well that I moved my Verizon number to Google Fi, the services is good in 132 countries including Belize. Lookup Project Fi for more information.

#528111 - 01/05/18 07:10 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: mprevo]  
bobcat bill Offline
bobcat bill  Offline
Just follow the instructions for your International plan. I have several local people that I call if I have a problem.

#528114 - 01/05/18 07:54 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: mprevo]  
Judyann H. Offline
Judyann H.  Offline
Hello mprevo.... simply press in the following 011.501.223.0033 ... You don't need the 1 before the area code, dial the numbers as you read them. Sometimes the call does not go through and it may take a couple tries of busy signals....When it does go through it does not ring as you might be accustom to, the signal is a long tone followed by a pause and then another long tone.... Took me a bit to get use to... Hope that helps....

My friends call me Judyann

www.blackorchidrestaurant.com
#528115 - 01/05/18 08:24 AM Re: Using US Cell Phone [Re: Judyann H.]  
mprevo Offline
mprevo  Offline
Thanks everyone

Links
Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater
Paradise Guy Event Calendar

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Lil Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Mini Chat
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 35 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics66,701
Posts468,996
Members19,103
Most Online1,262
Jun 10th, 2007

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day