Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline

Mayor weighs in

Over the past weeks, several residents, particularly taxi operators, have been complaining about the unfair behavior of the island's traffic wardens. Complaints state that while they are penalized, other drivers on the island get away with traffic offenses, including noise pollution. Other allegations include traffic wardens violating their own rules and even threatening people with weapons. The San Pedro Town Council (SPTC) denied most of these allegations but acknowledged that there had been some instances when wardens had to be disciplined for their wrongdoings.

Mayor Daniel Guerrero rebuked the accusations and indicated that the traffic wardens are simply doing their jobs. He denied the allegations that there is favoritism when it comes to certain residents on the island and that everyone is dealt with in a fairly and professional manner. "When people complain that certain people don't get penalized, it is not like that," said Guerrero. "The same law applies to everyone and that there are some people on the island that pay a lot in tickets because of their behavior, but not everyone knows or see that."

The SPTC informs everyone that all regulations must be followed and at all times residents should cooperate with the wardens. They encourage everybody to also work along with the authorities and report any irregularities by visiting Town Council offices located on Barrier Reef Drive or call the San Pedro Traffic Department 226-2936.

Click here to read the rest of the article and see more photos in the San Pedro Sun

"everyone is dealt with in a fairly and professional manner" If you believe that the check is in the mail and the truck broke down! 2 of the 3 biggest lies in the world!

HA! Just park near he round-a-bout and watch. Vehicles coming from the north are supposed to stop. Locals seldom do and never seem to get a ticket. Tourists and others are ticketed. I am sure this goes on other places. I am careful and never assume I would be considered a local and always stop. Mr. Mayor (Danny) - don't wear your hat, put on some dreads and an old shirt and do a stake out.
Thanks for the speed bumps up north - it is a beginning.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
J
J
Really???? What about the 2 vehicles in this town that have no plates on their vehicles? The traffic Wardens know who they are, they know the drivers. You cannot convince me that there isn't favoritism.

Originally Posted by Jameela01
Really???? What about the 2 vehicles in this town that have no plates on their vehicles? The traffic Wardens know who they are, they know the drivers. You cannot convince me that there isn't favoritism.

"......report any irregularities by visiting Town Council offices located on Barrier Reef Drive or call the San Pedro Traffic Department 226-2936"

More likely to get results there than venting on a message board. Just sayin'

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 324 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.