While Belize has been dealing over the last few weeks with several revelations and allegations of sexual abuse against minors, the USA Gymnastics world has been dealing with a sexual scandal of its own. Larry Nassar, a former USA Gymnastics doctor, has pleaded guilty in Ingham County, Michigan, to seven first-degree sexual assault charges. However he is accused of sexually abusing more than 140 women and girls as the doctor of the USA National Gymnastics team. He was also the doctor for gymnastics at the Michigan State University and used his position to access countless girls during therapy sessions to sexually abuse them. Before his sentencing, the Judge is allowing some 90 women who allege they were sexually assaulted by Nassar to speak at his four-day sentencing hearing which started on Tuesday. On Monday, Olympic gold medalist Simone Biles, a Belizean, added herself to the list of Nassarís accusers.

In a letter posted to Twitter, Simone Biles wrote: ďI, too, am one of the many survivors that was sexually abused by Larry Nassar. Please believe me when I say it was a lot harder to first speak those words out loud than it is now to put them on paper. There are many reasons that I have been reluctant to share my story, but I know now that it is not my fault. .. For too long Iíve asked myself, ĎWas I too naive? Was it my fault?í I now know the answer to those questions. No. No, it was not my fault. No, I will not and should not carry the guilt that belongs to Larry Nassar, USAG, and others.Ē

As part of Nassarís plea agreement, he can get anywhere from 25 years to Life. The Michigan Attorney Generalís Office, which prosecuted Nassar, has asked the judge to sentence Nassar to 40 to 125 years in prison. The 125 represents the number of women and girls who reported Nassar to police.

PLUSTV